The Dark Tower

So, what do you think of this guy being played by Idris Elba?

Is Scott Eastwood a good actor? Because the Gunslinger was supposed to be Clint Eastwood and they should have got Clints's son to play the role.

Allegedly not, but anything would've been better than a fucking black guy

The movies probably going to have bigger issues than Roland being made black.

It's still inexcusable
You're right though. At least Walter had a good casting, but the fact that they made it a sequel on purpose is a bad sign

most of the first book is bascially him alone with his thoughts, how are they going to do that?
Also are they thinking ahead about Susanna or whatever her name is? How she doesnt like Roland because he is a "cracker"

I don't know, they'll probably rush it and make Walter appear earlier
>cracker
Yeah that's why I'm saying it's inexcusable to cast Elba

He has the pale blue eyes so it should be fine.

Profoundly retarded, and counter to the cause people crying for blackwashing think they are promoting. By making black and/or female versions of known characters, you're basically saying "there's no way for blacks or women to be relevant, other than as versions of white men". It's like they've given up to create characters of their own and have to ride the coat tails of others, while thinking it's progressive. They're just assraping themselves while thinking they've won.

It's strange because they would've had a great opportunity to bash while males with Detta

He technically only looked like Clint Eastwood in the eyes, the squint. He supposedly looked more like Stephen King because the idea is that King made him, and sort of self inserted how he looked like some authors do.

This. Rumor has it that its centered primarily in New York, so there's no way the shit is going to be faithful or good.

Its simple. Better to make Roland black and Detta white and racist than to show Detta as being racist against a white Roland. 100% sure this was the primary reason they changed this. They couldn't make Eddie black because then he'd just be a black junkie, and Jake straight up dies three times in the series.

Yeah, that interaction is gonna be weird as fuck, since in the books I think she hated him for being white when they first met.

But isn't this one supposed to be after the events of the books entirely?

Yeah, it's a sequel
They'll probably butcher the story

More than King himself? I haven't read the whole thing, but didn't he go full retard at the end?

Yeah, he did. The first four books were good though, and the first one was spectacular

Not only that but doesn't he go back to that time for a bit too or was it just in someone's head. If not im not sure how he would do that without being called nigger a bunch.

They'll just omit that detail

Yeah, I sort of dropped it once I heard he had gone back to "improve" the first book.

The gunslinger is based on spaghetti westerns with a LOTR twist. He was literally basing Roland off of Clint's man with no name

He literally changed it. Literally. Eddie directly states that he only looks like Clint Eastwood at a glance.

Yeah, but Idris Elba doesn't look like Eastwood, no matter how brief the glance.

steve buscemi as eddie dean when?

I have no problem with casting Roland of any conceivable race. An Amerindian or Japanese (think Beat Takeshi) gunslinger would have been excellent. Unfortunately, Idris does not have "the look", he is too meaty and round faced.

Mikkelsen would've been great honestly

Who do you think will be cast as the Crimson King?
And Susan?

>normies get mad at american white playing asian roles
>Sup Forumsshits say Whats the big deal?
>normies rejoice at a black guy playing a white guy and a group of stonk womyn playing privilaged white male roles
>Sup Forumsshits lose their sanity

Only Roland being white is an important part of the story you dumb shit

>Yeah that's why I'm saying it's inexcusable to cast Elba

Because they're going to have to rework one minor plotline?

I think it's bullshit and I hope it fails.

I didn't used to feel this way but I hate niggers.

>Susannah's character is minor
I mean, she's shit, but still a main character

This. Ideally we would have gotten someone that looked close to what was described in the book but Elba is still a good actor so whatever. I can deal with that.

I'm more worried about how the movie will diverge to the book. There's so many things in this series that it is nearly impossible to adapt to begin with.

Man. Viggo Mortensen Aragorn-era would have been perfect.

I'm more bothered by the fact this is a continuation of the story, so if the trailer looks good then I'll have to read over four thousand pages of stuff to catch up.

Just read the first book, it's the best one by far. King wanted TDT to be "his" LOTR, and the first book was definitely on that level.

The following ones aren't worth it, though.

From what I remember, wasn't the Crimson King an old frail man that was perched at the top of the tower? Basically an old crazy asshole. In that case, they should cast the most skinny and intimidating old man they could get. Not even an A-list actor, just some guy that looks crazy and that can scream a lot.

But it never says Roland is white.

He will clearly play the man in black