SATELLITE

SATELLITE

This is an amazing album which deserves a good listen.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=G4lTMOmH8Dw
youtube.com/watch?v=5TurAQpptL0
youtube.com/watch?v=d3mvEfON2CI
youtube.com/watch?v=SPuVy65V1uQ&t=2186s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

it certainly is one of his most underrated albums, the only tracks i'm not a big fan of are everything and various methods of escape

>various methods of escape
That is one of the best tracks on the album though. At least personally, vocals are mind blowing.

And I really hope the album will get the credit it deserves, like The Fragile did years later.

Tracks like In Two kick so much fucking ass.

It is alright. All the jungle beats really grew on me. Probably my favorite thing he's done since ghosts.

His best since the fragile desu.

In Two > While I'm Still Here > All Time Low > Various Methods Of Escape > I Would For You > Satellite > Everything > Came Back Haunted > Copy Of A > Running > Disappointed > Find My Way

All of them are great tho

>when black noise kicks in

I liked ghosts tho. The slip too kinda.

Don't forget about Year Zero

Hesitation Marks is really on top for me when rating NIN. Catchy yet still moody.

>LOOKS LIKE ANOTHER ALL TIME LOW

> Find My Way that low.

No way, hoe

What about the new EP?

I have to turn off the album when Black Noise starts. I get a bad feeling. Like thinking about a Black Hole engulfing the planet bad feeling.

>I miss David
;_;

And yeah, it's pretty fucking creepy, almost feels like a death which could fir, considering lyrical content of the song that it it transitions from

>Find My way at the bottom
>Trent 'Heresy' Reznor begging God to help him is worst song on album.
>Disappointed second to last...

Oh Lord.

It is kind of boring and goes on for too long. Doesn't anything to justify its lenght. Same for Disappointed

Okay that's fair enough, maybe skim a minute off the ending parts.

one more month

I still haven't finished the first season

0:47 Courtney using an Oscar as a golden dick

11 years later Atticus (newest member of Nine Inch Nails) is doing the same thing

DEEPEST LORE

DEEP DEEP DEEP DEEP DEEP DEEP DEEP

this album is more depressing than the downward spiral

Trent has green eyes
youtube.com/watch?v=G4lTMOmH8Dw

Shit, my bad I'll edit it. Thanks for the reminder.

Next time i post it, it'll have the edit.

just post it now I might not see it

This album got me into weird genres like experimental metal, death industrial, dark ambient. Obv, Hesitation Marks is none of those, but the discomfort and anti-human instrumentals in the deeper tracks are just amazing and trully inspiring.

Various Methods of Escape, In Two, I Would For You, and While I'm Still Here/Black Noise are great.

>pic kinda related
listen to The Body - No One Deserves Happiness if you like NIN

Thinking about adding others to it later on. Notably Dave Grohl.

Do you listen to Skinny Puppy?

If you don't. Do it.

I do a bit, yes. NIN got me into them.

ROT AND ASSIMILATE

Hesititation Marks ranking is completely arbitary and a hard thing to do, but I'll give it a go.

While I'm Still Here > I Would For You > Running > Disappointed > Find My Way > Came Back Haunted > Various Methods of Escape > Satellite > Everything > Copy Of A > All Time Low > In Two > Black Noise >Eater of Dreams

> When your kid is screaming all night and you accidentally write the most terrifying nursery rhyme of all time.

youtube.com/watch?v=5TurAQpptL0

>Youtube commenter: "Your baby's just a copy of a copy of a copy.

>Maise
>David

underrated

Finally someone who appreacites Came Back Haunted, that song is often called generic, I personally find it layered and hard hitting as fuck, it goes in so many places, I love it.

Came Back Haunted suffers from Single Syndrome. It's so overplayed that it gets overlooked. It's an extremely well crafted and hard hitting song, but like "Closer" being reduced to that sex song it's message is worn thin.

I feel like most people didn't even get the message of Came Back Haunted, funnily enough, neither did they of Closer.

Came Back Haunted is mostly intepreted as Trent going "Whoopsie do, I am going back to NIN XDDD" When in reality it's multiple things and can be.

In my eyes Came Back Haunted is about the protagonist of TDS literally "coming back haunted" aftera ll the events of that album he is trying to return to society (as he does throughout entirety of HM) but he is scarred and damaged, he is not the person he once was. He is given an another chance to life.

I also think its music video might have not helped, I think it suits perfectly the message, but it was too "out there" for people, which I respect Trent for, but it made the song off-putting for normies.

It really doesn't.

NIN was only good when Reznor was angry. Classic example of an artist not changing their style and evolving their sound even though their not the angry angsty kid anymore. He needs to make more things like Burning Bright. He's also proven he can make fantastic movie scores so why not roll with that and evolve NIN's sound to be more like those? Tired of the poppy angry trash he's been putting out over the last ten years.

And this is coming from someone who has TDS as their favorite album.

Wait waht.
>Classic example of an artist not changing their style and evolving their sound even though their not the angry angsty kid anymore

Trent literally changes his style in every single album he releases. Hesitation Marks sounds nothing like rest of the discography.

>why not roll with that and evolve NIN's sound to be more like those? Tired

That's literally what he did for Hesitation Marks.

It sounds like ot me you haven't listened to NIN all that much, Trent has realized he isn't that angry kid anymore and that is why he still put out great content.

Yet he still got that amazing anger inside right now which NTAE suddenly proved, even though with Hesitation Marks he proved "Hey, I am not angry, yet I still put out the best abum since The Fragile"

>He's a "Trent needs to be an perpetually angry 50 year old" type of guy.

why does NIN get shat upon so unfairly by p4k?

cause trent wasn't as relevant, inspiring and forward-thinking as missy elliot was

He's not an Indie nu male.

cuz they're nerd hipsters and trent's the jock they all hate

>TF era trent
>jock

he's not ironic

"He was always more of the jock and I was more of the burnout.' - MAnson

Trent Reznor, the childhood classically trained pianist, band geek who went to college for a computer degree because he thought computers were cool in the early 1980's is the Jock.

Came Back Haunted is simply Tent doing a The Knife song. all that TDS/HM comparison beyond Mills' involvement was forced as fuck and got old really fast

yep, sounds like a jock to me

>5 foot 6 skinny ass pink floyd listening depressed sci-fi fan

he wasn't a jock until he hit 40

the lyrics on hesitation marks are obviously him reflecting on that era of his life and getting "old"

"reznor pls take me back, I'm sorry I said no to a Nine Inch Nails official membership in order to make third rate Industrial buttock. stop chuckling Atticus its not funny"

TDS wasn't autobiographical, Hesitation Marks is (minus Satellite, originally written for a greatest hits compilation)

>The two songs originally written and recorded for the hits package were revealed to be "Everything" and "Satellite"

also, obviously not all of tds is autobiographical i meant who he was as a person when he made that album

It feels more like a follow up to the Fragile and With_Teeth if you take into consideration WITH_TEETH is about the personification of his addictions into a vile woman he loves and hates and is trying to break up from.

That interpretation of With_teeth definitely brings a new light to a album viewed as mediocre. It wasn't a bad album, but you could see that Reznor was struggling to make something that wouldn't nearly kill him like Fragile did. I think he even went to Rick Rubin for advice (For better or worse)

Hesitation Marks is a sequel to TDS's story.

Eater of Dreams is the protagonist waking up from attempted suicide, rest of the album is him trying to rebuild himself and get back to the world as a fuctioning member of society.

The album solely references TDS, both in lyrical form, instrumental and cover art. So I think it's fair to say that.

i see you post this in every nin thread i've been in. do you have any proof of this, or is this just your interpretation of the lyrics?

it's fair to say it was wishful thinking from fans after the CBH single and the artwork announcement. the actual record wasn't any more of a TDS follow-up than the rest of the discography (aside from Ghosts and Year Zero, maybe)

It's really just a theory of mine, but it seems to work and sometimes a lot of stuff goes into that theory you do have stuff like in "Find My Way" directly referencing the lyrics of I Do Not Want This and such, but I do not have a proof, it's really just the way I intepreted the album but it seems pretty easy for me to do since it all flows quite nicely together forming a consistent narative, but this is only my intepration and I really doubt Hesitation Marks is a full blown concept record.

It is worth mentioning that when Trent was asked what Came Back Haunted was about he declined the answer, pretty much encouraging autists like me to intepret stuff like this, which is something I am a big fan of when it comes to listening to music.

>It's really just a theory of mine
Then you you should probably say that up front instead of stating it as fact you fucking idiot

Yeah, I probably should have, I'm too tired to be that specific or to care though, but whatever. Fuck you anyway though.

Well, for actual meaning of Hesitation Marks, Trent multiple times said even in his "In Conversation With" interview (No links, find it yourself you lazy cunt) that Hesitation Marks isn't about TDS album itself, but it is about him looking back at what a person he was during TDS.

Whatever the fuck that even means for the record is beyond me.

There's really no need for that escalation on this Filipino waifu forum. Trent threads don't need to be adversarial.

>Fuck you anyway

>I'm too tired to be that specific
>but here's several paragraphs on what I think the albums are about
No.

Yes.

>Filipino waifu forum

She turned out to be a lot better then I thought she would be when I first heard her name. A marginally more talented, non shitty and respectful Yoko. Maybe a little too into Instagram, but she seems sincere.

>the yoko meme

come the fuck on, man

youtube.com/watch?v=d3mvEfON2CI

... it was a joke.

youtube.com/watch?v=SPuVy65V1uQ&t=2186s

Well she could be a savior
With everything she does
Or some kind of punishment
For people just like us

I don't really believe she understands
What's happening to me
The sooner that she gets it
The better it will be

PUREST FEELING
PUREST FEELING

unironically great

a Sanctified '13-like revamp would be sweet, but it's still think it's legit good

Better version of That's What I Get on Purest Feeling demo desu

Listened to it today. Last 3 tracks are killers.
Also I like Everything when it turns into clusterfuck.

That's because HM is for BABIES

Hey, you. Yeah you.

I don't think I like your attitude too much.

*Blocks your path*