Rogue One costume design > TFA costume design

Rogue One costume design > TFA costume design

Other urls found in this thread:

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Phasma's_armor
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>dat kama

Jodhpurs nigga!

I think they look better together with the kama desu

Why do they need to create brand new armor designs that look like shit you'd see in the next Call of Duty? What's wrong with the classic stormtrooper design, especially considering this is a prequel to the original trilogy?

Goddammit, Disney is already ruining Star Wars worse than Lucas ever did.

>Dat tacticool rifle with a built-in suppressor lookalike.
>That dogface doorgunner with an M-60
>AR-15 rebel rifles male a comeback

Already the most /k/ star wars after empire strikes back

In-universe explanation is that the bad guy is in charge of advanced weapons research so his troops get all the cool shit. Real-life explanation is the samw as always, fucking toys dude.

how the hell they made a design looks "older" than clonetrooper?
I mean it's a spinoff of A New Hope, right?

Disney is trying to act like the prequels didn't exist so they can please normies who followed the "I hate the prequels" meme.

>14 years of prequelshit
>"Ok guys we're gonna move on"
>WTF WHY NO MORE PREQUELSHIT?

Didn't Kamino outfit the original troopers?
Empire design is probably 20 years of trying to reverse engineer it.

Prequels > TFA

im not a fan of starwars but i have to admit this looks pretty fucking cool

Phase II Clone Armor would be top tier Star Wars soldiers if they were practical. Even though the CGI isn't that awful, they don't have texture like the practical ones do.

This

Agreed.

It's one thing to ignore the prequels, but it's another thing entirely to basically refuse to acknowledge their existence.

>What's wrong with the classic stormtrooper design

Nothing, which is why its included too
And I really like the new gear the trooper is wearing this is fucking awesome.

I like the Shoretrooper design a lot too. New climate, new troopers, why the fuck not?

They weren't good movies and they weren't good for the lore of the series either

Just fucking deal with it

I can't wait for dis shiznit to be on netflix nawsaying?

>he fucking says after a fucking Anakin and Obi-Wan prequel comic just finished its run and a fucking Ahsoka book is in the works

Loving ever laugh. Thanks user.

>weren't good for the lore of the series
What the fuck are you talking about? The prequels had great worldbuilding, arguably better than the OT, the designs of everything from the Ships, to the aliens, to the troopers, etc is all great. Sure as shit has better lore than TFA

DROID PALEEEASE

>Just fucking deal with it
You sound upset, friend. Is it because Disney won't pay you more than a penny for each post you make?

the same way the clonetroopers look 30 years newer than the stormtroopers. lucas is a hack

OT > Prequels > Rogue One > Clone Wars > Rebels > TFA

>Just fucking deal with it
You post like a teenage girl.

>this is what star wars have become
end me

But that's wrong. They already confirmed one of the characters in rogue one was from the clone wars cartoon, as in the prequel era.

at least clone and storm have a similarity of clean looking
this new "trooper" looks like they've been in a war long before clone wars happened

so how come these troopers look older than clone troopers? shouldn't the look be consistent since its after episode 3?

>shoretroopers

Take a guess.

We could also be mistaking their dirt for just the sandy camo

THEY ARE FUCKING PLAGIARIZING THE DARK TROOPERS FROM DARK FORCES

because the prequels are being ignored. This is a good thing when you consider the prequels had a different aesthetic, cinematic style, tone, and story then the original star wars that Rogue One is based on. This is also a good thing when you consider all those prequel things were different in a much worse and contradictory way.

did it only take 4 years for people to forget the plinket reviews? or is it just 13 year olds who haven't seen them coming in?

WOW, please get out 14 years old boy

>he likes Prequels more than OT

and you call me 14?

>liking TFA at all

and you call me 14?

They remind me of something from early C&C.

kill yourself for thinking that

>he likes Prequels more than OT
Who say that?
>liking TFA at all
TFA has flaws, but is a better movie than any of the shitty prequels

>but is a better movie than any of the shitty prequels

>TFA
nothing but a 2 hour long flaw

what did you expect? what did you want to see on star wars?

>posting anime

>not posting anime

It makes sense to me, from a military perspective.
you gotta have shit for every environment, right? Stormtroopers were always the basic cannon fodder, but then you had the specialized Snowtroopers on Hoth, and the Speederbike guys on Endor, who only really functioned as forward recon guys. they only had weedy little pistols ffs

based disney, fuck the prequels and you faggots that dicksuck them so much.

> $0.00 has been transferred to your Disney™ account. Keep up the good work!

>green lenses
Awww yes.

He's right. That's just a fact.

>Stormtroopers were always the basic cannon fodder
No, Stormtroopers are more like army rangers or force recon, they're the elite of the imperial military. The only reason STs are so common is because the plots of the SW movies focus on important imperial personnel that would have elite types in their entourage or rebels that would be important enough to have special forces sent after them. The actual cannon fodder dress like General Veers and are never really seen.

>Nothing
Unless you count the fact that you cant see shit out of a stormtrooper helmet and the armor doesn't even stop small arms fire.

Also, wtf is with those ankle high cannons sticking out from the front of that tank. A fucking curb renders your weapon useless.

These new stormtroopers better off kill at least like 30% or 40% of the main cast or nobody is gonna take this seriously as a war flick.

ok those are some pretty cool troopers actually.

>death and consequences
>disney
I thoroughly expect that the strong independent female lead gets a superficial flesh wound on the shoulder during the climax.

>Why do they need to create brand new armor designs that look like shit you'd see in the next Call of Duty?

Toy sales. They appeal to the militaristically interested youth of today, which is why they lack the sleaker, cleaner design language of the original series.

I know this sounds stupid, but it always bugs me how prequels or games/movies set in the middle of a time line have flashier and cooler technology if technology has progressed in the real world. Compare the Original Trilogy with the Prequels and Rogue One.

Disney only considers the prequels canon in an eye-rolling "sure ok georgie boy, if that's what takes to get you to sign the fucking contract."

They've effectively been retconned in Disney's new Star Wars cinematic universe

If it was a good movie about getting the death star plans they'd all die and barely pass on the information especially considering none of them appear in the OT

It's already been kind of confirmed that Vader comes in at the end and kills off everyone. It wouldn't surprise me if 1 or 2 of them die earlier in the film and then.....Vader.

that's... true actually, that design look really rough and "used" than the TFA troopers. My problem with 7 was that the stormtroopers looked too sleek and not Star Wars-y

Same with Alien and Prometheus

3 on one 1 is a fair fight since when?

star wars sequels have always been adding new stormtrooper designs

>effectively retconned
>TFA has shit tons of Prequel references

come on

Really? like what? I just know the clones one

name five.

If it's a repulsorlift tank, it can go as high as it fancies to murder people.

Also, in the old canon the armour was primarily for stopping the sort of blasters the average civillian would have, and for stopping actual bullet guns which can be sneaked through future weapons scanners becuase they dont have power packs.
Course, that's not canon anymore.

I have to laugh every time I read one of you guys contrarian 'prequels are better than TFA' opinions. TFA wasn't great compared to the original trilogy but it's at least decent enough.

The prequels in comparison are just awful. I tried re-watching them recently and couldn't get through more than about twenty minutes each without switching them off. Absolutely godawful with no redeeming qualities.

@72027429
You don't even deserve a (You).

rekt

The podracing flag at Maz Kanata's castle, Maz Kanata herself (resembling a figurine you can see in The Phantom Menace next to Anakin when he's talking to Padme). Anakin's Lightsaber, and Kylo Ren recommending that Hux use clone troopers in a snide way. The Galactic Senate, the overall aesthetic of the Hosnian System. This is just from memory, I'm sure other people could recognize other shit.

yeah you're realllllllly reaching for most of those aintchya

I'll give you the line about the clones and the podracer flag.

>Anakin's Lightsaber
>A prequel reference
W E W L A D
E
W

L
A
D

You telling me this ain't the same design as Maz Kanata?

Vader never had a blue lightsaber, it's a prequel reference.

>nazi pants

>"What is it?"
>"Your father's lightsaber."

Luke had it episode IV and V, and lost it at Bespin.
While it is tied to the prequels, its in the original trilogy.

I've re-read your statement numerous times... honestly its the same thing

So it's both then

Also, whether you like it or not, when Maz Kanata talks about the Sith, that's also a prequel reference. That term isn't something you hear in the original trilogy. Then you've got an easter egg, Ewan McGregor came in to voice a line for Rey's force hallucination. Go ahead and look into this yourself, but I'm pretty sure Captain Phasma's armor is crafted from the class of Naboo Starship you see in The Phantom Menace. Do you really want me to watch the whole movie and jot down every little prequel nod, or can you just accept that there are plenty?

While they never mention the sith in the OT, it is in the novelization, which is considered cannon on par with the movies... for obvious reasons.

>this shit CGI ship and this stormtrooper are both shiny so that counts

enough. you're making me embarrassed FOR you

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Phasma's_armor
>salvaged from a Naboo cruiser belonging to Palpy

It's actually a thing, courtesy of the film's novel prequel I believe.

Whatever. Also, do you recall any mention of a Jedi Temple in the original trilogy?

Thanks for that. I'm not making this shit up.

>Go ahead and look into this yourself, but I'm pretty sure Captain Phasma's armor is crafted from the class of Naboo Starship you see in The Phantom Menace.

Kek'd, but I agree. The people who keep saying the prequels are no longer canon are most likely the same 40-something year old fanboys who hated the prequels on release because they weren't carbon-copies of the OT.

>because they weren't carbon-copies of the OT.
That's not the reason people don't like the prequels saganfan83.

>Hates the prequels
>Loves TFA, a literal remake of Episode 4

?

>Loves TFA
Where the fuck are you drawing THAT conclusion from? That movie is a piece of shit for an entirely different set of reasons.

Just the person who was talking about TFA's nods to the prequels.
But I wanna hear why you think it's a piece of shit. Love the discussion.

>hate the prequels
>like 4 5 and 6

So why would it be a jump to like 7 which is just 4 again

No.

I would prefer another sand, ice and forest planet than ANYTHING prequel-like