I was not expecting this

wtf I love Star Trek Beyond © Presented in IMAX 3D now

>average rating 6.8/10

>reviews counted: 10

give it some time OP

why not? did you not see the ratings for the other two?

Reminder

Those were directed by JJ Abrams though.

>6.8/10

Isn't that exactly what you'd expect from the sequel to a 7/10 movie?

Why are you still listening to RT after you saw what happened to Ghostbusters Current Year Edition?

And it was really good.

>Ghostbusters
wew

Reminder justin lin is remaking lone wolf and cub

>I was not expecting this
I WAS COUNTING ON IT

i loved the movie what was wrong with it?

Star Trek Beyond was a great film, where the USS Enterprise crew explores the furthest reaches of uncharted space, where they encounter a new ruthless enemy who puts them and everything the Federation stands for to the test.
With an all star cast of Chris Pine as the bold, dashing Captain James T. Kirk, Zachary Quinto as the brilliant and vexing Commander Spock, and the beautiful, commanding Zoe Saldana as Lieutenant Uhura to show the diverse (but mostly male) cast that women are just as important (if not more) as men.

>Script written by Simon Pegg and some other guy
>Script NOT written by "Magic Blood" Kurtzman & Orci

it makes sense

but the trailers looked like shit for this. But nearly all the reviews are saying it feels like classic Trek. Was not expecting that from the director of Fast and Furious.

Sequel where Khan wakes up and is wrathful towards Kirk fucking when?

Because current year edition was good

Why weren't you expecting marketing?

please don't derail this thread

God damn man...

Women fucking suck.

Do men go around claiming to like things just because men are involved?

NEXT MOVIE BETTER HAVE V'GER AND THE BORG TEAMING UP AGAINST THE ENTERPRISE

GIVE ME MY NOSTALGIA CUM

Fuck the new Trek movies in the ass.

The latest especially, that fucking motorcycle shit is insurrection tier.

Grown up women hate the movie too apparently. I mean, 5.8/10 is pretty bad.

WTF

Have you heard of a TV show called Star Trek? Maybe your grandfather told you about it.

Every time I've refreshed the past 5 minutes it has gotten higher

Looking good, bros

contrarians

same people also thought Skyfall was bad.

ignore them.

yeah all they do is post shill bloggers. should go back to posting only legit reviewers who actually get paid to do it.

Me and a few friends were wondering what it is with shitty Trek films and EXTREEEEME SPORTS.

Although Nemesis' dune buggy chase was because 1) No one gave a fuck and 2) Patrick Stewart loves off-roading.

>Star Trek 2.4 is about them taking the USS Enterprise-A back to Earth but they have to go back to San Francisco to stop the alien whale probes from killing Earth

I liked Into Darkness but, lol.

Oh right it was nemesis, regardless it is a shit scene and it is embarrassing to all of trek.

What was there to like?

Actually hold that thought, I suppose If I were 16 years old or something I would have liked it more.

It was all just so uninspired and cliche.

I guess when you are young you don't notice it.

Was going to say this.

It still astounds me that as much as this board talks about RT they still don't understand the score.

>it is embarrassing to all of trek

How so? Judging by the new movies, this is the shit "broader audiences" want. If anything, it was ahead of its time!

I wasn't expecting this either but I'm really glad. It's been an absolutely abysmal summer, by far the worst I can remember and I really need a fun flick to watch.

It's almost as if this isn't Reddit and people have different opinions.

Lin is a fine by-the-numbers filmmaker.
Like Fast and Furious, ST is a big wide appeal action film that they'll pump out every year except it's space flavored instead of car flavored.
Good for one watch in the theatres and a couple more times on FX or TNT.

Why do old and bitter star trek fans refuse to enjoy anything new?

Are they autistic?

Reminder

>Kurtzman & Orci
Can someone please kill these faggots? Literally every single movie they've written has been terrible but yet they keep getting work.

It looks like most of the positive reviews are 6/10 and 7/10.
Basically they're saying it's a decent flick and not a horrible one.

I liked Skyfall and HATED Into Darkness.
Abrams is a fucking hack.

I liked the acting and the music, mostly.

LOL good point,.

>Basically they're saying it's a decent flick and not a horrible one

Which in this climate might as well be amazing after nothing but pure shit for two months

For some reason, there's a good chunk of people that genuinely believe that the reboot Trek movies were panned.

RT is dead. Fucking retard bloggers without movie knowledge push their agendas

Generic space action isn't new.

most Star Trek fans enjoy the Abrams movies and will enjoy this one.

A few autistic Sup Forums contrarians don't represent the entire fan base.

Without these films, ST would be dead anyway, I don't see why they care.

Does Leonard Nimoy come back?

PAID REVIEWS

It's so fucking obvious these days

>push their agendas
What agenda is Star Trek 13 pushing exactly?

I'd rather see it dead than hooking for crack.

From the grave?

The Star Trek reboot was good and Into Darkness was a decent so I can't say I am surprised.

The first one beat my expectations so I raised the bar for the second movie.

It's not like it didn't happen before.

>WOW IT GOT A GOOD RT SCORE
>WOW A MOVIE WRITTEN BY SIMON "SJW" PEGG IS GETTING GOOD REVIEWS FROM "SJW FILM CRITICISM: THE WEBSITE"

I thought Ghostbusters rendered RT obsolete once and for all.

but this isn't Disney, and why wouldn't BvS have paid reviews? BvS was an extremely important cornerstone in the DCEU and it got panned to hell and back. The DCEU basically lost all hype. It had the most expensive budget a blockbuster has had in a very long time, why wouldn't they pay for a 60% or something?

you realize most have an agenda and or paid off?

>Top Critics

>if other people liked something I expected to suck without even seeing it, they must've all been bribed by

Even as bait this is getting stale.

You are living in denial if you think there are no paid for reviews.

You think that edgelord Spock is gonna have an epic chase scene again?

but I thought Disney paid reviews??

I fucking hate Rotten Tomatoes!

That little smug paragraph! Thats all there is to it!

They call themselves a review agggregate! They have no FUCKING RIGHT to add their own little blurb to "summarize" all the reviews. As if the giant flashing number and biased Pos/Neg system versus Metacritics pure averaging werent enough to instantly brainwash someones opinion, they feel the arrogant ARROGANT urge to offer their own perspective, their own review to further assuage visitors away from actually examining the contents of reviews. I wish Hollywood would get together and destroy this trash site!

The first new Star Trek was fun.
The second one was watchable.
I'm sure this one will be more towards being a summer type movie.

Whatever, should be alright.

everyone does.

wtf i love star trek now

explain Batman v Superman and Tarzan and Mike and Dave and The Purge and Indenpendence Day and Now You See Me 2 and Warcraft and X-Men.

Uh, everything?

I liked Skyfall, hated Into Darkness and loved The Force Awakens

Fight me

fuck off

Into Darkness got good reviews and Sup Forums thought it was bad. I'm sure it will be the same for this.

CAN'T WRECK THE TREK

Never doubted it tbfh

it will be good
wanna meet up and jo in my trek room afterwards?

Surre a/s/l

37/m/ok

i way 430 lbs

>dat 5.8 from MILFs

Into Darkness is honestly baffling to me because literally everything but the script is quite good.

It's like the scriptwriters were intentionally sabotaging the movie or something.

Abrams had nothing to do with Into Darkness being bad. There's only so much you can accomplish with an Alex Kurtzman script.

>can barely see the butt in the mirror

why even have it there, fuck

My major complaint is that they went out of their way in the 2009 movie to explain to the audience that this is an alternate timeline. That means they have the entirety of the Star Trek universe they can use as their sandbox. Do anything, go anywhere. And they chose to do a remake. That's about the laziest shit you can do and it reeked of "just get the goddamned thing out as fast as possible" even though they had four years between projects.

Aside from that, it's mostly nitpicking stuff that ends up collapsing the film under it's own weight. I'll admit, it has a style and a flash that caters to mainstream audiences which is exactly what Paramount was going for. I can totally see why most people enjoyed it but I can't count myself among them.

This.

First two films were fun while they lasted. That's about all I expect from this franchise.

I think it was sarcastic. There's no one anyone thinks it would be less

Is C+ really a negative review? If you look there's a 3/5 fresh review. 3/5 is 60%, technically a D. This is why RT is shit and I'm sick of hearing about it.

You know critics get to choose if their review is considered fresh or rotten right? Maybe learn how the site works

Then the grading system is shit because it's subjective. Which means film criticism is shit, which is all RT has to offer. Therefor RT is shit.

NEW STAR TREK CONFIRMED FOR KINO

HATERS BTFO

I would expect NOTHING less

>I'm sick of hearing about it

keep crying you baby, no one cares about what you do and don't want to hear about.

no need to pay shit when """""critcs""""" are the voice of the plebs. see

I care

Into Darkness is better than 90% of most blockbusters and is a damn fine movie.

Into Darkness is better than 90% of most blockbusters and is a damn fine movie.

Cry more.

It's so full of plotholes even a pleb like me noticed them.

The entire final action scene was completely unnecessary.