Ghostbusters opening night performance

Alright guys, I'm curious to see how it's doing considering how awkwardly quiet Sony's been on ticket presales.

The goal is simply to get screengrabs of seet reservations from your local/popular cinema.

Michigan city here

>reserving the seats that nobody wants up front
Is someone pulling a prank here?

>double seat

Top kek is this a thing? 'Murriclaps too fat for regular seats have to buy a double? Do they cost twice as much?

not mine but from yesterday

Now I don't wanna say it's doing badly, but it's doing pretty bad

Have you ever taken a girl to the movies? You talk big but yo dick is small

so what does a blank grey seat mean?

Boobie trap

Apparently it's Thursday take was pretty ok - maybe most Americans don't bother reserving ahead of time?

Feminists have been buying multiple tickets to show their support for the movie. Those seats probably won't even be occupied.

Reserving seats is very uncommon in America, and most theatres don't have the option to do it.

Didn't they make 3.4 million worldwide? Or was it just international

don't act like them seats aren't for 'accomodating' people of 'large stature'

Yeah 3.4 million - think that was domestic from the way Box Office Mojo describes it. Probably going to do 50-55 million this weekend.

it's for the theater shooter

>le epic gooniegay conspiracy

There are 2 sets of seats, purple is prime seats, more expensive, blank grey is standard seating

Found the virgin lads

somebody got upset

To be fair I don't think it's that much of a stretch. I say this because I remember at the time a guy on Twitter bragging about how many times he went to see BvS, and in IMAX 3D. In a thread anons guessed he must've spent more than 100 bucks on the movie. Although now that I think about it I can't remember if he claimed it was to support the movie or just to enjoy it

Arclight in LA, pretty popular cinema

My theaters don't let us pick our seats... wtf

>american banter
Stick to shitposting on /sb/ la

I couldn't look at the 4:30pm showing since it already started, but this is the first evening showing, I guess. Pretty low turnout.

>his theatre doesn't even have beds

Do you live in some remote town, all my theatres let you pick seats

Which Michigan city? AHills here

I live in England and have never seen assigned seating

Only IMAX has reserved seating at the biggest theater near me. Standard fair and regular 3D is first come first serve.

Is this a theater for ants? It must be inside a convenience store or something

Michigan City is a city in Indiana

No this is just the smallest screen. Don't think they're too optimistic about the flim. Every other room looks like OP's picture if not bigger.

>spent 50 bucks going to see star wars with friend
>fell asleep 15 minutes in and wake up to dead solo
>spend another 60 bucks reserving decent imax seats a week ahead to get real star wars experience
>get to theater a 40.oz. In already with 2 more in my backpack for me and my friend
>ticket lady doesn't check my bag
>watch star wars gettin increasingly more drunk and rowdy
>shhh
>kiss my ass
>making jokes with friends the entire time, shouting at the screen when chewie appears
I remember nothing about the force awakens
And i dont blame that on the malt liquor

I'm pretty sure they just need multiple seats.

>Dat single person

Here in Manchester both ODEON and AMC have reserved. Must be a region/ size thing

1 truly is the lonliest number, especially if that one is going to see Ghostbusters

Have you not been online, at all?

depends on the girl yo, if she's vacant as hell and you're just in it for the pussy then it's not a good experience

I go to that theater, and as I usually only go for the matinee, I figure that the late show is likewise pretty empty. Find the seats taken for the weekend afternoon, and that will give a better view.

>reserving seats

what the fuck is this?

An increasingly more common occurrence. As fewer people go out to see a movie on average, only big tentpoles and kids movies get butts in seats. And, in order to avoid getting bad seats, you reserve early.

A convenient way of going to the movies? Where do you live where they don't do this?

Yea man, imagine it, an entire building built just yo watch movies, you go there sit down with loads of other people, usually cunts, and watch them in this big room.

Sometimes these places are pretty popular and fill up, so they give us the option to buy our seat before we even enter the building

I'm tellin ya man, the future is now :^)

In my area, if you DONT reserve a seat a couple of hours ahead of time, by air time you won't have a seat to buy.

It's incredibly convenient when you get used to it, and is increasingly the option for any cinema goer.

But of course, you're a fat fucking autistic virgin that sits inside all day pirating YIFY versions of shit instead of actually going outside, so you wouldn't know that.

liverpool on a saturday fucking night

thats p bad

dis nigga right here

Is anyone else going to freebleed while theu see this?

This thread is stupid. NOBODY reserves tickets these days. 99% of the people will just drive up and buy tickets.

I dont care for the movie either but this is a bad way to compare it

It's a fat joke, user.

Chose the key demographic in my state to check how many people are going

Looks like the feminist are winning

>me on the left

seatingkino

I don't know where you live but everyone I know buys tickets online. But maybe you're right.
Still, there is a very real percentage of people who book online, and how presale tickets are doing is a good indication of a films chance of success.

Take Marvel films or really any other blockbuster. Where I live they're always sold out either days or week in advance for the first few days in all the theatres locally. Those films always end up being box office hits.
Then there's others, say Independence Day R, that track reasonably well in online bookings, most seats booked for the first few showings but then drop off, becomes a box office success but not a hit.

You could still be right, but I think when Monday rolls around we'll find out. Thursday previews only pulled in $3 Mil, that's pretty pathetic.

Liverpool is full of cunts, and the Odeon is overpriced to deal with said cunts.

post more theater pictures, please my good user.

Some of these websites reserve seats for five minutes. We could all do this before the movies show times start in big cities to fuck with it (itsjustaprank)

The movie is already making sure no one turns up to see it. Going full autism just to mess with them only wastes your time.

Closest reserved seating theatre in Boston. Pretty liberal she city, and the show is a few hours away. far from sold out, which is pretty terrible or a movie that came out a few days ago.

Other two theatres have significantly low show times. One of them only showing it once a day.

Also I should mention, this is one of the smaller rooms they have. Not the lack of balcony seating on either side.

Mah nigga, Arclight is fucking cosy.

So this is from San Diego tonight, Arclight has this cool little preview thing when you hover over them. Looks like a fucking disaster, might go down there in a bit and buy some drinks and have a look at some of the people going to see it, friends with some of the guys that work there.

whaa? There are cinemas with balconys at the side?

Holy shit I didn't even notice when making this!
Does there seem to be a certain... Pattern goin on in these screens?

This is the 8pm screening in a relatively large theatre in the greater toronto area.

>Satan lives in Toronto

Figures as much

This is the 10:45 screening at the same theatre.

Keep in mind the theatre is in an area surrounded by restaurants etc. A 10:45 show would usually be busier than this, especially on a friday.

forgot pick

It's getting a huge US opening (3963 theatres), so showings don't have to be that full for it to do reasonably. I think it being a huge hit is out of the question now, though.

Fuckin wat

Are there literally autists buying multiple tickets for multiple showings?

>it's a Sup Forums tries to tell you what normies do episode

top kek

What kind of dweeb reserves movie tickets though?
99% of people just show up to the cinema, pre-sales are no indication of how the movie will do for the weekend

Can anyone do a side by side comparison with Secret Life of Pets with similar showtimes?

Is it that people are not going to the theater this week because of all the muslim shenanigans, or is it that they are just avoiding this flick.

Plenty of normal people reserve tickets because it's annoying to turn up and the showing be sold out (or get shit seats)

Bedford TX...Dallas/Ft. Worth area.
7:10pm showing....empty seats everywhere.

This movie will flop.

my local cinema has tables, am I cool yet user??

Most normal people check the movie times online, and then booking is about 20 extra seconds.

You make it seem like booking tickets for a movie is like going through TSA.

>See

Streaming the original Ghostbusters.

Get in !

Filthycasuals
.tv

Is that the La Jolla Screening or Downtown?

Some user said those are reserved by the actual cinema showing it. but I dunno, man, this film is a fucking conspiracy theories all over it

This gives me a gentleman boner

No kill your mother to be the coolest

what? are you trolling

Yes but the majority do it the old fashion way, they just show up
They don't plan the whole thing out, that would be hard when you're trying to have fun. People usually take their dates to the theater with a certain movie in mind and look at the chart above the box office to see when it's playing.

You guys are approaching this like the autists you are. Totally the wrong approach tat shows how out of touch you are with the real world

La Jolla
Sounds pretty fuckin sketch, I'll ask if I go round later.

>texas going all out to see a sjw feminism movie when even new york cant do it

Here's South lake, TX....where all the edgy/rich people live (Lawyers Drs Dallas Cowboy Players TX Rangers etc)

Starts in 5 minutes.

9pm showing in same theater, non imax.

Ouch!

>That one seat way in the back
>Some cuck who has to sit alone while his wife is sitting in a row ahead of him with the bull(s)

>Texas so liberal

A bunch of theaters in Austin require you to buy your tickets online, you can buy them when you get there but you're just going to a kiosk that puts you through to the website.

>Literally sitting with your back to the screen
>Trying this hard to look patrician while you watch Ghostbusters 3d

Forgot to add this is in liberal as fuck Madison WI.

I meant this one also.

>all that media hype on the talmudvision
>all that internet hype
>can't sell out a theater

So uh, capeshit is basically keeping theaters alive, isn't it?

And this was last night, 7:30 pm at the other theater on this side of town, 15 minutes prior to start.