Where did he go wrong?

Where did he go wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

nytimes.com/2005/06/24/health/fda-approves-a-heart-drug-for-africanamericans.html?_r=0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Being a cunt

i thinking phoning in his performance and ruining the media tour for his part on Italian Job made him unemployable

As an actor or as a character?

People know and respect his work, Wes Anderson seems to be interested in working with him. I believe he actually does act in theater much like Birdman. I think he's top-notch and too good to just show up in anything.

In the movie itself, he went wrong the instant he started hating blacks. There is irreversible damage that is promoted through racism and once that damage is done it can never be fixed. That hatred needed to be displaced from person to person and as long as that cycle of hatred, and racism exists the hate will also find its way to another person.

Being an asshole & ruining his shot at continuing as bruce banner:'(

Skipping chest/shoulder/arm day.

Getting a degenerate tattoo. Hitler would never approve of such trash.

What was his problem?

racism obviously

When he decided to be a little dick white boi

I agree. Which is why we just need to hang em high or send em back.

He listened to his dad and took the action of the hoodrat shitheads he grew up with as representative of the entire race of black people.

It's physically impossible not to be racist though. It's why you see so many people ranting about white privilege and such, these days you can act as racist as you want as long as it's against white people.

>He listened to his dad

I always disliked that flashback scene at the dinner table.

Firstly, Ed Norton was too old to pass himself off as a teenager.

Secondly, it's such a heavy-handed "this is what causes racism" moment. And it doesn't really make sense for the characters. If Derek's dad was such a racist, he would have expressed those opinions at a much earlier point in time, and Derek would know not to sing the praises of Martin Luther King in his company. Or at least, he wouldn't be surprised by his dad's reaction.

But the way the scene plays, Derek is like "Huh, I've never heard these opinions before. I never thought about it like that, dad."

It's so dumb. Anyone who has had a racist dad will know that they don't keep that shit a secret for 16 years.

He went on Sup Forums one day and the rest is history.

Everyone is a little bit. It's simple biology. Not everyone curb stomps people though, I still have trouble even thinking about it.

The tattoos are permanent

Maybe he didn't pay much attention to it before that black guy's class

Theres nothing biological about racism lol its learned hatred its passed down through memes not genes

Meant for

Krager said he looks just like this guy.

Racism is totally innate and biological. That doesn't mean it can't be overcome. We're born prejudiced to things that aren't like us. What we don't know might hurt us. It's a survival instinct. It might not compute in your liberal programming but I'm sure if you put this to any anthropologist they'd tell you the same thing.

>There is irreversible damage that is promoted through racism and once that damage is done it can never be fixed

Except he gets over it and learns to stop being racist so that's not true. The problem is his brother followed in his example and died for it.

Short temper combined with Danny being a dick to him

it is reinforced by outside forces, but racism is practically an instinct, it's not just a human thing either.

as living creatures we naturally group things by similarities, things like skin color, hair color, facial features, etc.
It's completely natural for a living being to trust those who like like him rather than those who look different, you can hardly blame humans for doing this.

I'm not saying you should harm or hate others for looking different from you, but racism is as natural as hunger.

I always thought the implication was that his dad was always openly racist, but Derek didn't believe in anything he said until he was murdered.

He was a fucking retard who knew nothing about races

HE THOUGHT HISPANIC WAS A RACE

He thought the main "Hispanic" was a half raced injun and not Spaniards.

It doesn't matter if you're Jared Taylor or Stephan The Not An Argument Man, if you think the main hispanics are mestizos who were only considered "Hispanic" until the 80s then you are not a race realist.

I agree with Derek that Niggers and beaners are scum but he shouldn't shit on all people of Spanish descent by saying "The Hispanic community". Fuck Him.

>That doesn't mean it can't be overcome.
Of course. To say otherwise is to say we are slaves to our genetics and free will has no meaning.

And if that was true, we never would have accomplished anything as a species.

He just blew smoke into his face. I'd rather shoot the kid who told the teacher that he was cheating on the test

He should have limited himself to attacking Vietnam fucking shits.

I mean, if someone purposely blew smoke in my face just to be an asshole, I'd at least deck him.

>any anthropologist
Yeah as long as they aren't from california, I took anthro 101 last year and the professor spent the first day of the course explaining to the class that race doesn't exist and you can't separate human populations based on it

>race doesn't exist and you can't separate human populations based on it
That's a majority opinion among anthropologists and geneticists

>That's a majority opinion among anthropologists and geneticists
Certainly not among pharmacologists.

kek, they got to your professor too

If nothing else, I agreed with the message the movie ended with

>Hate is baggage. Life's too short to be pissed off all the time. It's just not worth it.

Really it's something both sides need to learn.

Hahah what? How are human beings different from human beings? Flexible hands, bipedal movement, and rational thought are all traits that human beings share, but racism isn't evolutionary, a human doesn't need it to survive against other animals. When two savages meet for the first time, instinct tells them both "this creature is new to me, what does it want?" but it isn't racism that drives them, its only instinctual suspicion, the same way a red-haired dog barks at white-hair or yellow-haired dogs, but it also barks at red-haired dogs. Instinct drives them, a white savage is just as likely to kill you as a black savage or a tiger or a komodo dragon.

He's a nigger.

Assuming you're talking about sickle-cell, which race (specifically and exclusively) is more vulnerable to it?

I'll give you a hint: *exclusively*

There isn't any scientific definition for race

He punked that nig in front of his squad.

In 90s LA that was enough.

Honestly, I'd hazard to guess that stupid shit like that is the motive in 40+% of murders in the US

That and drugs

Purebreds are generally more prone to disease than mixed races or "mutts"

>prof didn't begin with Vico, Durkheim, Levi-Strauss or Weber
>prof didn't even try Structuralism for the poor kids

Sounds like you went to a shit college, user.

Didn't know pharmacologists held strong opinions regarding phylogeny. Is that even part of their curriculum?

Original ending showed Derek back in front of a mirror shaving his head. The message was supposed to be that hate is perpetual, and that racism is a cycle that's perpetuated by dickery on both sides.

Of course, normies couldn't hack it, so it got scrapped.

He is probably talking about real anthropology. Not that cultural studies crap.

Sounds shit t b h

>The message was supposed to be that hate is perpetual, and that racism is a cycle that's perpetuated by dickery on both sides.

That doesn't negate the message they used, if anything it supports it.

On the other hand, that ending basically means you watched a character change and learn for nothing, like it was a sitcom where status quo has to be maintained at the end of the episode.

No, he's just retarded and thinks that only niggers are particularly vulnerable to sick-cell

Probably when he curbstomped a guy.

Really? I think that would have been a brilliant ending. It's completely impartial, and shows that while the minority of blacks ruin it for the majority (arguable) there are always going to be whites who generalise and hate the entire group unjustly, and that it's nobody's fault.

Good message, I thought.

>How are human beings different from human beings
nytimes.com/2005/06/24/health/fda-approves-a-heart-drug-for-africanamericans.html?_r=0

Yeah but they'd have to explain it to the audience.

Average idiots wouldn't get it, me included.

>Assuming
Don't do that.

So what are you talking about?

>Geneticists worried that, by approving a drug for one group, the F.D.A. was using race as a crude shortcut for genetic typing.
You should probably read articles before you post them.