Explain this

Explain this

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Number
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Percentage
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

paid critics

The critics found out it was average as fuck. Due to the controversy, and fear of being label as anti-femist, they're acting like it's better than what it really is. A average as fuck remake that didn't need to be made.

The movie is completely meh. Most critics give it a little extra credit because there were so many misogynistic haters. Thus 73% approve, but just barely.

>45% audience score

Anything lower and they would be bombarded by feminists.

It really is average. Nothing special. My girl had high expectations but left disappointed.

MTV, buzzfeed and salon reviewers are on RT. Plus almost every reviewer that gave it a positive review mentioned misogyny, "girl power" or something like that, haters/trolls, etc. They didn't give it positive reviews because of the movie but because of the controversy surrounding it.

Explain this

The Audience Score is going to drop further next week.

Because it's no different than IMDb. Basement dwelling gremlins spamming it with 1/10's
Taking a user generated rating as accurate is more embarrassing than listening to critics.

They need to start giving a blood test to rate things on the internet, and a Y chromosome means you're banned.

Sure it's not perfect (women can have Y chromosomes) but it's close enough.

Is this the lowest scored "Certified Fresh" in RT history? I've never seen such a political push for a shitty summer movie

And tumblr and facebook/twitter feminists SJWs spam it with 10/10s. Most people think it's shit, sorry senpai.

>Most people think it's shit, sorry senpai.
According to who? You?

>Most people think it's shit
Misogynerds aren't people. :^)

From people who have seen the movie.

Just read what they write when they give it max scores. They usually say something about misogyny and how man children can suck it even when they then say the movie was meh.

Well for one person blindly spamming the movie they never saw with 1/10 because they hate it there is one person from tumblr or some feminst from reddit or twitter thats blindly spamming the movie with 10/10.

It's just that there are still more negative user reviews than positive because most people didn't like it.

Explain this.

The '80s were a different time. Nowadays it'd be recognized as the misogynistic, problematic piece of dreck it is.

Now that Sup Forums, aka Marvelcuck General, doesn't like something, rotten tomatoes is a conspiracy.

No

>starts with a low estimate of 50 million opening
>gets immediately lowered to 45 mil
>gets lowered again to 40 mil
>now looking like it will just maybe hit 38 mil
>about 7 million higher than Adam Sandlers Pixels

JUST

We will stream the old ghostbusters movies tonight !

Get in !

Filthycasuals
.tv

I agree user. Both the 80s and 90s were VERY problematic and triggering.

This is satire isn't it?

If it isn't, get the fuck off my board.

>>>/tumblr/

Thor's a homo

Don't you have some anime to masturbate to, NERD?

>As opening day approaches, Feig can’t help but think about the stakes of making a $150 million movie. “A movie like this has to at least get to like $500 million worldwide, and that’s probably low”

I saw it today. It...it...actually wasn't that bad tbvh. Solid 6/10. Not worthy of the original, but not a bad movie.

I feel so weird.

>$500 million worldwide
>on the low

Fucking Sony.

Stop that. You are triggering me, you rapegender cispig!

It actually started at 43%.

Assingned male is the worst thing on earth.

Wtf that comic made me rage for no apparent reason.

Here's two links that might help you better understand what that is.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Number
>A number is a mathematical object used to count, measure, and label.[citation needed] The original examples are the natural numbers 1, 2, 3, and so forth. A notational symbol that represents a number is called a numeral. In addition to their use in counting and measuring, numerals are often used for labels (as with telephone numbers), for ordering (as with serial numbers), and for codes (as with ISBNs). In common usage, number may refer to a symbol, a word, or a mathematical abstraction.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Percentage
>In mathematics, a percentage is a number or ratio expressed as a fraction of 100. It is often denoted using the percent sign, "%", or the abbreviations "pct.", "pct"; sometimes the abbreviation "pc" is also used.[1] A percentage is a dimensionless number (pure number).

I hope this clears up any further questions.

and the critic score was at 80 just 2 days ago.

It's because of very silly Jaws reference/joke with the mayor.

why don't rotten tomatoes make their Average Rating the tomatometer? a movie could have 300 people giving it 6/10 and it would have a 100% tomatometer rating, then stupid fucks like on this website think it means it's an amazing movie

seriously, a 6.5/10 is slightly above average, i just saw the movie last night and it was maybe slightly below average

Since 95% of everything is shit, the only options are to either rate everything as "9/10 its okay" or find some other way to rate things.

So the percentage of reviews that are positive is used to generate a rating that doesn't completely devalue 4/4 stars and basically results in a system where "100%" means "won't make you claw your eyes/ears out or regret leaving the house too much."

Misandrists aren't people either. :^)

>Misandrists

Blessed be, ally. My hope is after eight years of the REAL President Clonton, we'll be past the problematic days of white cishet males in leading roles for major motion pictures.

What movie from 90`s have all these issues in it?
The only movies were Naked gun 33 or Ace Ventura.
But as far as i remember shitted on every stereotype there. Equally jokes on every stereotype and everyone. Or not?

>two daddies
>patriarchy
Arnt 2 daddies like the patrarchy reincarnated?
And is the mc not a babysitter, so the gift will be her task so she is the patriarchy? She Trans?
Somehow you can flip it like you will, in the end its like a self insult.

Video. Game. FUCKING. "Journalism."

wait where are we

I love the originals so much. I was so excited they were making another one, and the female cast killed it for me. Not because they are women in general, but because they are the shittiest female actresses around right now.

A mixed cast would have been better .. two women two men? Something like that. I gave it a shot with the trailer, but the second that fucking Wiig bitch said "It got in every crack" I was already done. That humor worked for Bridesmaids, but it was just not needed in this type of movie.

I woke up today and turned on my laptop to check something for work. First thing I see on my msn homepage is big article saying "terrible things about 80s movies you didnt know" with a pic of ghostbusters. These jews are going HARD.

spookino confirmed

This is a very realistic comic. Any woman who thought or acted this way would be forver alone.

Wait.. .under RT rating system could a movie be 73% and not certified fresh? I mean, what does the "certified fresh" logo even mean?! Critics refer to the movie as "meh" and "forgettable" , barely giving it an approving score. Shouldn't RT just leave it as what it is a 73% , and not certifying it fresh? It's the equivalent of somebody telling his friend "you gotta check that movie out, I swear to you it's pretty good" while his real opinion is that it's 'meh' .

Same here user. Didnt care they were female. They just picked the worst cast they could. Wiig and fats are okay. But those two no names are horrible. How the studio okd gorrilla woman and le quirky lesbian is beyond me.

>Certified Fresh is a distinction given on Rotten Tomatoes for movies and TV shows with consistently positive reviews. The "Certified Fresh" seal is given to: Movies in wide release with a Tomatometer of 75% or better and at least 80 reviews from Tomatometer Critics (including 5 Top Critics).

AKA they just gave it to this either because they got paid off or they're run by SJWs. Shameful.

I think the movie looks okay, but I am offended by their advertising campaign of basically insult the audience. That has soured my opinion and has drawn me away from wanting to give any money towards it.

>Critics refer to the movie as "meh" and "forgettable"

Not according to the Critic Consensus. :^)

>Wiig and fats are okay.
I just cannot stand Wiig, I can deal with fats for the most part. But they both are the EXACT same in EVERY movie they are in. Now if it were anything else, I wouldn't give a shit as thats the norm. Its just that Ghostbusters has a special place in my heart, and it just feels like they deliberately fucked with it. If it allows a younger generation to go back and see the originals I'm happy. I just can't get behind this shit at all though.

Jurassic World, while not in any way perfect, was at least way more in tune with the original at least.

Well , that's sort of my point. Most serious critics call it a forgettable summer movie (nothing like a godawful movie), while some (less serious critics) call it an abomination. And then you have the RT critics, trying not to say anything negative or in bad light, some give it a lot of praise, while others are more into the "meh" category. So far forgettable and meh are the things I read/hear the most, my point being that by giving the movie a "certified fresh" while just having 73% (by critics standards) looks to me like trying to push the movie a little too much, also check out that audience rating , I mean... I'm willing to give it the benefit of the doubt , I'll probably watch it when it comes out pirate, but by no means will I be paying for a subpar pushed product.

>he doesn't utilize statistics from rotten tomatoes as well as metacritic to make an informed decision

guys moot is back

jk senpai kys