Try to talk to your coworkers about music

>try to talk to your coworkers about music
>they don't care
>try to talk about music with family members
>they don't care either
>try to talk about music with strangers
>at best they listen to rap Spotify stations or indie pop
>try to talk about music with Sup Forums
>get shit on or get no thread replies unless it's related to pitchfork approved artists like Radiohead or Kendrick Lamar

>talking with people

I'm with you user :(

>at best they listen to rap or indie pop

so like Sup Forums

Honestly don't even talk about music anymore. I used to back in the day but I'm 28 now and what died and...
Really that's it. I'm old and I have to rely on spotify now because I'm too shy to ask anyone for an invite to a new tracker and I can't be arsed to upload all of my old rips again or find things ... I don't know losing what really effed me up.

But now I'm just blogging so maybe you're better off talking with people who read pitchfork.

yeah today's society fucking sucks
people should be able to cooperate on the basis of their common interests

What did you try to talk to Sup Forums about? I've had conversations about non-pitchfork stuff. There are a surprising amount of people on here that know what they're talking about (they are a tiny minority though)

Sup Forums can be fun, but /r/indieheads is the real place for optimistic and varied discussion of music. Fuck the rest of reddit though.

>(they are a tiny minority though)

not op but this is why I stopped coming here in 2012 and just started going to r9k but this whole site is losing touch with me conceited.jpg

>Used to have same taste as friend back in Junior High and some of High School
>You broadened your taste and like the old stuff and more stuff
>He refuses to listen to anything but the same 3 metal albums
>Listen to the stuff he likes and find the good in it even though desu not huge on it, enjoy it and have decent nice talks about it afterward
>Try to show him some of the stuff you discovered
>Eyerolls and shrugs and ignores you because it's not metal

My 17 year old sister has broader taste than a fucking 25 year old man who puts music as his 'life'.

>want to talk to friend about music
>the conversation ends up being a bunch of youtube links of our favorite songs without talking about anything substantial

As a man without a sister, it was a real eye opener when my friend's sister's taste was better than a lot of my friends. I really wish the best for your sister man I'm single af but I still want the best for women; especially women who can be leaders (at least in the case of music taste).

Trust me, the other side isn't fun either.
>normies ONLY talk about music non stop

I can usually talk to anyone about any type of music they like, unless its some meme shit like trap.

>What's your favourite crunk song

I still don't know what constitutes as trap. Is that just when they say "yeah" a lot in a simple rap song?

its usually Future or Kevin Gates or someone that sounds like them.

Its never Denzel Curry, even though he's actually good :c

It's the type of beat that makes it trap

don't you mean the type of meat
haha get it

No, I don't get it

HAHHAHA don't worry I get it I get it

>Have two friends who are actually interested in discovering new music
>We're all new to the concept of going out of our comfort zone so everything is new and exciting
>We all browse Sup Forums
>We're total plebs but at least we're having fun and interesting conversations
>Girlfriend has boring taste and has not much interest for discovering new stuff
>Still loves listening to me going on about artists that she's never heard about
>Feels p good

gimme ur lyfe pleb my post-patrician single life is so full of self-hatred I don't know if I'll ever get another girlfriend

find some friends? Start better threads? Stop bitching? IDK what else you can do OP

one day you will realise op, noone is listening

go to concerts and music events? you know, where people go specifically because they like the same music

you can't really expect the people who randomly happen to work/live with you to have things in common with you. the world doesn't work like that