/adv/ sucks

/adv/ sucks

>24
>Former alcoholic drug addict
>Started community college this year
>its a bunch of autistic fags and trannies and whiny pussies
>Have been saying im going for psych major and transferring to big university next fall
>keep looking into it
>10+ years of school, 100k debt, no promising future ahead if I actually continue on this path

Should I transfer to vocational school and become a mechanic Sup Forums?

>2 years, less than $5000 debt
>Learn about something I love and get a career in it
>Get respect from older family and family friends
>Have a legitimate life, own a home and my own shop within the next 10 years
>Downside: Fag wannabe intellectual neet basement dweller friends will accuse me of being a bonehead
>Won't be rich, but can live comfortably, will be able to afford a house in a small town out in the country that I love

Should I become a mechanic Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

scoop.it/t/concentration-of-wealth-existential-risk/p/4073313798/2016/12/27/47-of-jobs-will-disappear-in-the-next-25-years-according-to-oxford-university
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

whos the girl doe

Do the smart thing, and don't worry about what your faggot friends think...they'll start to drift away shortly now anyway...

Do you really need help from anons? You've already made your mind up just from the way you wrote that.

Yeah, Psychology is sweet and all, but do you love it so much as to study the fuck out of it for 10 years? Will it still be as interesting and applicable by the time you find an occupation?

You've already outlined how much better being an engineer would be. Sure you'll never own a Lamborghini up in the hollywood hills, unless you do some crazy shit with investments and stocks or some shit. And who gives a fuck about "Wanna be intellectual neet basement dweller friends"?

Living comfortably isn't just economic. It's enjoying life, which is a hell of a lot easier to do when you wake up to a job you at least kinda wanna do.

Half of all jobs will become non-existent in your lifetime. Pick one that will last.

scoop.it/t/concentration-of-wealth-existential-risk/p/4073313798/2016/12/27/47-of-jobs-will-disappear-in-the-next-25-years-according-to-oxford-university

I wish I knew or had more

yeah, my friend sits in his moms basement playing magic and hasn't worked in 3 years and dropped out of highschool, yet thinks hes intelligent because he posts academic research papers on fb. He's waiting on a trust fund to start his life, and when I brought it up to him he started ripping on mechanics saying that theyre a bunch of loser bum dipshits. This kid can't even change his oil and doesnt know what a tire rotation is. Shit, he doesnt even have his license or a car.

He's the kind of piece of shit that isn't going to accomplish anything until his late thirties, early fourties, and as a single guy/ one with an unmeaningful girlfriend, still be unable to do simple shit like fill his tires with air, or fix a faucet. He'll use half the money he makes to fill the bank accounts of people like you to do his shit for him because he's too helpless.

And that's not saying he hits a mid life crisis at 40 because he manages not to accomplish ANYTHING but debt and ends up youtubing how to tie a noose.

There are so many goddamn psych majors and all of them have crushing debt. Vocational school if you're good at it

Thats the thing, I dont know if I'll be good at it, but i'll try my hardest and I feel like its not that difficult if youre of average intelligence

Honestly I wish I did this user.
When I was in high school they had a program to learn how to be a mechanic and my parents thought I had a "brighter future" than that. Instead I barely finished high school, joined the Navy and hate it, and can only work on cars in my free time. Go for it man.

Yeah.. I joined the Marines :) Hence why I'm leaving the long ass comments trying to convince him to do something he'll probably like lmfao

Ha that's awesome

Oldfag here. Pick a job you like us much better for you. Mechanics are not just wrench monkeys anymore. Cars are getting more complex. Fuck your trust fund friend. Once he gets his big trust fund he will drop you like the plauge anyway. Wealth is more on how you spend it then how much time you make.

>2 years, less than $5000 debt
>Learn about something I love and get a career in it
>Get respect from older family and family friends
>Have a legitimate life, own a home and my own shop within the next 10 years
>Won't be rich, but can live comfortably, will be able to afford a house in a small town out in the country that I love
are you fucking stupid

what do you suggest user?

Become a gloryhole attendant.

As your skills improve you will be able to suck off guys faster and gain a reputation for speedy cock sucking. You will be self employed and make all your money in cash.

I would do something you enjoy from what you wrote would be becoming a mechanic, who gives a fuck about going to a 4 year college.
people feel like if you dont go you are somehow lesser than people who do. mother did 2 year votech drafting. doesnt draft anymore management shit now 80k benifits and happy
father went to comunity college for half a semester, think he took 1 history 1 buisiness and some eng, running his own businesses for years, happy

I have a buddy that graduated from a big 10 university with a psychology degree. It's been a year now and he can't find a good job in addition to his his dad paying his bills. I think he's suicidal. Don't do it faggot.

>first time posting since 2013

for you

I forgot to mention that he now attends community college for paralegal studies

psych major won't give you work
if you like mechanics go for it otherwise do computer science and learn how to code

Thanks nigga

psych? you're the autistic faggot. sorry.

former Marine here,
been out for almost 10 years
I'm a technician
and if anyone tells you that you cannot attain wealth from the skilled trades
they're fuckin idiots

I'm a University Professor who taught intro mathematics for a while.

I've seen a few students come and go in my time.

Here's my advice: Fuck your bonehead faggot friends. They're going to end up hundreds of thousands of dollars in debt for worthless degrees. The only reason not to go to vocational school is if you plan on getting a PhD and working at a national laboratory.

You won't be rich doing mechanics work, but you'll be a hell of a lot wealthier than your faggot friends will be if you bother investing some of your income.

Unless you want to work at a highly competitive national lab, be a mechanic. Honestly, you'll probably get paid better as a mechanic than I do as an adjunct professor.

If you invest your earnings with a little forethought, your faggot friends will be bitching about how you own your own house and have marketable skills in 5 years.

you could go to mechanic school and make 35k a year OR you could go to plumbing school and make upwards of 50k a year. Potential to own your own shop isn't as great but the salary's pretty dope

Imo, don't get a job doing your hobbies. Friend became a mechanic and started hating working on his cars because it got associated with his job.

Thank you, investing is definitely a part of my life plan, my grandpa is almost 80, lives on a big beautiful lake up north in the woods, has a huge house and multiple trucks, boats, jetskis, atvs, etc. Hes surrounded by friends and family and travels the country and to foreign countries for 4+ months out of the year, and has fluid income from years of investing and playing the stock market. I want his life some day.

Have your own shop user. Why climb the corporate ladder when you can own it? You have more chance to be richer having your own shop than selling your time for money. Everyone only has 24 hours in a day, but you can have as many fucking stores as you can build.

Just fucking do it.

i wouldn't do psych
i got my BA in psych before i realized it was all bullshit
the mind is intangible
it's basically a fake science outside of neurotransmitters
its a money pit for fake degrees
currently transitioning that shit into a law degree which also has a pretty poor job market but at least that shit is the real deal
if you wanted to party and fuck girls and just get a BA to go to law school, i'd recommend psych though. it's pretty simple shit.

No shame in being a mechanic dude. If you're really into it get into a niche thing like performance or jap/german imports. If your friends are assholes about it then they aren't your friends.

yeah nothing more satisfying than working with your hands, save the fap puns. fuck psych

become a mechanic, or if youre still in doubt and want to look into other vocations, go to a community college for XRay Tech. they make 60-80k/yr STARTING in a lot of states, with ability to move up considering your hospital doesnt suck ass and cares about you

No shame in doing what you love. But it's also important to remember that univ. does offer a lot more than just training for a career.

Liberal arts, while a terrible thing to major in, are wonderful at allowing you to see things from different perspectives, learn more quickly, and enjoy life more deeply.

I don't think you are a 'bonehead' for being a mechanic. Working for a Uni. I can say I've met as many boneheads with PHDs as I have scholars working in facilities.

>>>> investing is definitely a part of my life plan,

Wait until; the market drops again, then:
VGR less than $16
GE @ $12
Both long term; DRIP if you can afford it

In adding to this, even if you go the mechanic route, see if you can take business classes like financial accounting if you plan on starting your own business. Trust me, it helps.

try to pick jobs that aren't so simple to automate

link does not work

repairing mechanics's not that simple to automate

Your friend sounds pretty worthless. You should cut him out of your life.

>Bitching about the other students there
>White trash junkie that's about 6 years older than most of them

Hey, i come to school, do my homework on time, show up to class and act respectful. You should see the anime club at this school, its completely pathetic.

not yet, it will be. Machines build the cars, you think they can't repair them too?

Go for it dude. Better to do something you enjoy than not

a great growing industry with no debt and I couldn't recommend more is suicide. no but fr you need to like really plan and find what you enjoy (and earns money) and pursue that. you'd be doing it your whole life afterall

I vote mechanic. I wish I could go back and choose a better career for myself. But at 44 my choices are slim. Don't make my mistake. Do what YOU LOVE, don't do what others think you should.

I come from a big city and I moved five hours away to go to a college in buttfuck nowhere, no tumblrites in sight, so nice.

Don't go into automotive mechanics, do the extra work and take heavy duty, way more money in it. At least thats how it is in good ol 'Berta

I should also add that I have thought about doing mechanics also, but I feel like doing it as my second career since I'm going into law enforcement and that usually lasts about 25 or so years. I could leave with my pension, go back to school, get a job with a county and make a good living while sitting on that pension.