/grimes/

>it's annoying i know haha, but my albums take a long time to create because i don't buy songs/ hire producers/ writers or engineers. the majority of artists do, so they are able to release music faster. unfortunately it takes me longer because if there's a style i need to learn i just have to figure it out by trial and error, or if im stuck on a lyric or beat sometimes i have to start again. i think it leads to more original product though, and hopefully the fans are happier in the long run. that said, i am making a lot of music right now, but i also want to have more of a sonic theme to this album so i'm using less of the stuff i'm recording. in any case, ill try to be as swift as possible!"

Thoughts on Grimes' little plan?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FTvanzhR6ok
youtube.com/watch?v=L_hFrJ-FM2o
youtube.com/watch?v=lhNxvoXOKcI
youtube.com/watch?v=bWam7u9uBNY
youtube.com/watch?v=UUe9rnucPoU
youtube.com/watch?v=iVt3FxE8F9w
youtube.com/watch?v=IsNaj6l5z8M
youtube.com/watch?v=q2_hBNQqEus
youtube.com/watch?v=E1cLVE1ZXqw
youtube.com/watch?v=gUxCeVupemA
youtube.com/watch?v=hy3FPRaeW3Y
youtube.com/watch?v=_0_e_OWy694
youtube.com/watch?v=Jo_AIWO2AUQ
youtube.com/watch?v=7LmBM0mTafI
youtube.com/watch?v=U-bKSyG0lng
youtube.com/watch?v=Fb_0LzBv894
youtube.com/watch?v=X8v4vwWcIgI
youtube.com/watch?v=N_hOYZ90_iQ
youtube.com/watch?v=RvXkx3IcOi4
youtube.com/watch?v=UiGHFYqeqck
youtube.com/watch?v=FsYt1-5MXT4
youtube.com/watch?v=qGLvUejoRb4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Makes sense. No complaints here (wasn't expecting one this year anyway for these same reasons.)

I can wait for great.

what's the appeal of grime ? I have art angel but it doesn't do anything for me.

Do you even like pop music? AA is catchy as fuck, what's not to like about it? At least try her previous albums (Visions, Halfaxa, Geidi Primes); they're less pop than AA.

I don't like pop but I don't hate it either. A song in specific please ?

First, what kind of music do you listen to?

Oblivion

Rock ? That's a bit generic but it's better than i "listen to everything".

realiti is my fav grimes song right now

Art Angels is her "rock album", so you're kinda out of luck. If you like dreampop, IDM and synthpop maybe you will like her older music. Below it's a random selection of her songs:

youtube.com/watch?v=FTvanzhR6ok
youtube.com/watch?v=L_hFrJ-FM2o
youtube.com/watch?v=lhNxvoXOKcI
youtube.com/watch?v=bWam7u9uBNY
youtube.com/watch?v=UUe9rnucPoU
youtube.com/watch?v=iVt3FxE8F9w
youtube.com/watch?v=IsNaj6l5z8M
youtube.com/watch?v=E1cLVE1ZXqw
youtube.com/watch?v=gUxCeVupemA
youtube.com/watch?v=hy3FPRaeW3Y
youtube.com/watch?v=_0_e_OWy694
youtube.com/watch?v=Jo_AIWO2AUQ
youtube.com/watch?v=7LmBM0mTafI
youtube.com/watch?v=U-bKSyG0lng
youtube.com/watch?v=Fb_0LzBv894
youtube.com/watch?v=X8v4vwWcIgI
youtube.com/watch?v=N_hOYZ90_iQ
youtube.com/watch?v=RvXkx3IcOi4
youtube.com/watch?v=UiGHFYqeqck
youtube.com/watch?v=FsYt1-5MXT4
youtube.com/watch?v=qGLvUejoRb4

I'm listening right now, maybe it's just not for me.
Thanks anyway.

Before you will give up at least listen to Visions. That was the album that put her on the music map.

Could be. These are the genres her music most closely associates with (as of right now, anyway.) It actually might be worth checking out Geidi Primes. It isn't really rock by any normal sense of the term, but imo it has a sort of old-school indie rock feel to it.

You might find Lethe (her first unofficial EP) somewhat interesting as well:

retarded you start with either "art angels" or "vision" first

bump

On the contrary, I'm sure there are plenty of people who aren't retarded who started out by listening to Art Angels or VisionS first - stop projecting.

Visions and Art Angels are by far her most accessible albums. So, it's not surprising that plenty of people started out by listening to these albums.

there is nothing "art" pop about AA.

In your opinion, what is 'art pop'?

Music is art. Your argument is invalid.

My eternal sweetheart.

feels good to know that given long enough time our atoms will bond together in the future.

I was just watching this.

>it's annoying
good to know grimes and I see eye to eye on her entire oeuvre

my albums take a long time to create because i don't buy songs/ hire producers/ writers or engineers. the majority of artists do
>mfw
yeah dude i hear phil elverum literally has a sweatshop of berklee educated composers who made his last album for him

jesus fucking christ get the fuck over yourself. congrats, you write your own fucking songs, so do literally the overwhelming, overwhelming majority of active artists. yeah, there are a priviledged few at the top who have writers, but actually believing that "the majority of artists" are just fucking buying music is comically misinformed. Its like you saw a billionaire once and assumed everyone was a billionaire, then went into target and tried to shoplift and when someone tried to stop you you went "GET YOUR HANDS OFF ME YOU STUPID BILLIONAIRE, WHO CARRS IF I TAKE YOUR SHIT YOU CAN JUST BUY MORE. IM NOT RICH LIKE YOU OK I ACTUALLY HAVE TO WORK FOR THINGS OK." and the dude is some depressed 40 year old manager who makes 35k a year. yeah, wow grimes, people are expecting you, as a musical artist, to yknow, actually write music. No one is just like, going to write songs for you, WOOOOOWWWW YOU ACTUALLY HAVE TO DO YOUR JOB. WOOOOOOWWWW THATS SO NOBLE OF YOU. WOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWW

getting self righteous about an imaginary boogeyman is there a more fucking insufferable fucking cunt on the face of the fucking planet holy fucking shit

Apparently her ideas really triggered you. I wonder why? Perhaps envy?

Dude, most professional musicians in this world hire producers and sound engineers (the countless obscure artists aren't professional). A smaller part also hire songwriters and simply buy songs (ever heard of ghostwriters or songwriting camps?).

You posted that Kyuss album. They wrote their songs like any respected rock band, but let's see who produced and engineered the album...

>Chris Goss – producer
>Joe Barresi – recording engineer, mixing engineer
>Jeff Sheehan – assistant engineer
>Wade Norton – assistant engineer
>Alexe Campbell – assistant engineer
>Brian Jenkins – additional engineering

See those people? Grimes did their jobs too regarding her music. And THAT is not a common thing.

They're still shilling this tranny this hard?

delet this

because anyone with a macbook pro can be a producer now and make bleep bloops

that album was made at a time when you actually needed to know how to use audio equipment in order to make music

>because anyone with a macbook pro can be a producer now and make bleep bloops
It doesn't matter. It's not like all current musicians do bleep bloops.

BTW, name 20 other female artists with her skills: singing/performing/playing instruments, producing, songwriting, sound engineering.

whens the last time she got laid?

user, most musical PERFORMERS even remotely on Grimes' level check out from the bulk of actual music-making activities as much as possible. What she does as an individual in the guise of Grimes is pretty much unprecedented.

>because anyone with a macbook pro can be a producer now and make bleep bloops
In which case, why do you think Grimes is such an oddity among her peers in terms of doing it all unaided?

Bleep bloops makers are dime a dozen. Actual singer-songwriter-producers-sound engineers (especially females) doing all that stuff and more (directing and editing her videos, making her cover art) is as rare as it gets.

>I have mediocre songwriting and production skills, so it takes me a while to figure out how to put notes together

take your time, ill be right here

Mediocre songwriters/producers take LESS time to complete things because they aren't as nuanced in their work habits.

nuance is a buzzword

Bollocks. Did you know that she did Visions (her breakthrough album) in just 3 weeks? This time she wants to try new things, hence trial and error, hence more time needed.

>friend brings me along to a Grimes gig
>haven't heard much of her stuff but figure it'll be fun anyway
>drop acid
>Kill V. Maim starts playing

those are some deep thoughts

>i have a limited English vocabulary
Lol. Mediocre songwriters/producers take LESS time to complete things because they aren't as detailed in their work habits. Feel better now?

>Did you know that she did Visions (her breakthrough album) in just 3 weeks?
She recorded and produced Visions in the span of roughly three weeks after having spent the months previous (while actively touring/performing) intensively conceptualizing and planning out exactly what she was going to do. Visions is a great album. But its weakest traits are in the production realm. If she had had more time to work on that aspect of it it would've been a significantly better album. Great art takes time to make and refine.

fuck grimes

Edgy opinion, mate.

>See those people? Grimes did their jobs too regarding her music
Oh wow so she had to do all those intense recording engineer responsibilities like setting up mics and plugging in some cables? maybe some entry level mixing that high schoolers could do?

WOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

she can do whatever she wants, we are at her mercy. we should be gracious enough to live in the same timeline as her and be able to receive such gifts.

suicide is always an option, your life is perfect

Her music is good, and there is a lot of good music that she can easily fit in with. I do think it's ridiculous his polarizing she is though. Most of the artists posted here have the same level of skill grimes has, but for some reason people love to chimp out over her.

Lmao I stole Halfaxa call the police

see

whatever

she's actually a meme you know. what do you think the content of these threads and her Sup Forums presence come down to being? she's one of the biggest memes on fourchan. though to her credit, i can approve her authenticity as a big meme and a big joke, not even Sup Forums takes her seriously, and why would they? her meme fans have immense delusions of grandeur about her talent, though they still need to draw a contrast with her and mainstream artists which people actually know who the fuck they are, in a completely insecure and defensive fashion. she's just not very good if people need to pretend she's worth anything by voicing deliberate opinions on this asshole of the internet and by deflecting every single fucking criticism that people have their right to having. it's entirely a narcissistic crusade that's more like paddling a sinking ship

see
>Lmao I stole Halfaxa call the police
Fyi (see pic related.)

who knows

i wonder how many impressionable kids killed themselves with drugs because she mindlessly blurted out about her drug abuse to a large audience. probably a few. doh well natural selection right? grimes is cool

Cool that she seems to hint she's producing something now. Curious what direction she'll take with her albums this time. Try to be more AA and get into more audiences or mix it up with a bit of her old stuff?

I like her whole catalogue but I feel like her stronger work is what she started with and it slowly became more accessible. Just my opinion mind you. But i'm hoping she'll experiment more.

Is she okay???

She has denounced this many times and does not discuss this anymore. I was wondering about that and its influence on her music previously, because there does seem to be a bit of a chasm in her music to where she got off that ride.

Similar to many artists I suppose, drugs do something to the mind. Makes them more creative I guess. But it's not worth losing these people over. So fuck it. Better if they're clean when producing their stuff.

the question is why she wants to make music, the whole contextal basis is a huge missing link here and doesn't leave much to the imagination. it might inspire some cool fanfic though, we'll will shall see

tattoos will fix it

She's so unbelievably ugly I've never bothered to listen to her music and never will

lol

Dude,

>i don't buy songs/ hire producers/ writers or engineers.

I have a hard time believing her, and the fact she keeps saying it makes me doubt her even more.

how can you even hate grimes?

its pretty obvious if you listen to her albums

fuck you

You expect a feminist to be telling the truth? lol

I wouldn't hate her so much if she'd just have the decency to wear a bag over her head

marcel? Shitposting on Sup Forums and lying about it again?

Pretty obvious that she hires producers/writers/engineers?
That's what I think

you think you're being ironic but you're not

i don't know who that is sorry

What does that even mean? Im not being ironic numbnutz

Of course "she" does, do you really think women can make music? LMao

ayyyy this thread has now been HIJACKED by shitposters and trolls, good luck the TROLL ARMY is invading Sup Forums

-9gag

you certainly showed us

grimes fucking sucks and you people are only faggots groveling at her nasty ass man feet because you're all pathetic with nothing to show for except some faggoty little obsession with a girl who only attracts autistic 'safe space' faggot kids and other faces of tumblr

why the fuck would anyone like this try-hard pasty ass ugly whore who only looks good at certain angles

i think she's beautiful ok

yea beauty is in the eye of the beholder, right? well you're a faggot, so, your standards are fucking TRASH

this girl is beyond UGLY

i love her

have you met her?

Your insistence to prove her as you see her in your mind suggests to me that there is something deeper involved here. This isn't a drive-by opinion, this is something from deep inside you. So tell us, user. What is it about her you don't like? What is it that has her so deep under your skin. Did she not accept your gifts? Did she snub you at one of her shows?

Do tell. Because you know, this woman is plastered all over hundreds of magazines, the music industry has fawned over her. She's a sensation. But the only one who seemed to not get the memo is you. And that tells me only one thing. That there's more to your comment than a simple not liking of something. Because as we know, those things are so easily avoided in life. This seems more clinical.

So user, do tell us what she's done to you.

[spoiler]Standards? Who in this world would waste their time on such a thing. Each person should be evaluated on an individual basis. That you have such strong opinions again, suggests to me that she's deep inside you. Under your skin somehow. As I said above, it's easy to avoid things we dont' like.

Hate takes effort, and most people don't have the time or inclination to bother. But you, dear user, she's deep inside you I can see. I would love to hear what she's done to you. What screw she's popped loose in your mind.

Do tell.

no

no i dont need to

Of course you don't. It's a simple request, however.

The way you type gives off this pseudo-intellectual vibe and some edgy philosophy thrown in the mix; what kind of special autism are you?

What I said was awfully simple and that is that Grimes has terrible music, and she's uglier than a troll. I don't think there's more to pry out of that than you believe, Dr. Jonestein.

When ya do I hope you're crushed ya dumb little cunt.
That post it not for you.

Tisk, Tisk. Copy pasta from the other thread? Don't be so lazy. Tell us what you really feel.

Copy-pasta from what thread? I popped in here for the first time ever just to tell you faggot troll-loving spergs how I feel because that's allowed.

i hope so too

Well dear friend. You seem to be quite bothered by her. Why don't you tell us what's wrong.

That's too edgy for me, user.

ok

Why do you type like such a pedantic faggot, user? I bet you when you try to speak to girls you pretend your some high-class gentleman.

Who the fuck asks a question without using the question mark? I'm more bothered by that than your claims about the ugly troll girl bothering me.

I hope Grimes keeps at the pop angle, because she's incredibly good at it.

Well good sir, you aren't going to be ruffling any of my feathers. ;) There is nothing you can say to upset me.

Ah yes, pick out my little oversights as well. The missing question mark. Perhaps I forgot my place here. We're on Sup Forums, not menza. I figured banter was the word of the day. But if you want to wax intellectual, do see yourself to the door.

top kek

Yea see you do talk like you're some sort of wise-man, but, your brevity is weak and so is your vocabulary. The only people who attempt to talk like they are some silver-tongue man are those in the bracket of being a loser at everything, or a fat autistic man.

Your the equivalent of fags trying to bring chivalry back.

Back to being on topic ya fucking sperg; your musical idol aka Grimes aka tortoised-face whore with big ogre feet is GARBAGE.

cool digits