Anyone with fight experience on Sup Forums?

Anyone with fight experience on Sup Forums?

What's your opinion on training in a disciplined manner vs just being a cunt with a lot of experience who just knows how to hurt other people? There's often different opinion on whether actually training a technique will give you an advantage over people who are "trained in the streets" if that makes any sense.

What category do you fall under and what's your take on this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KSIoHp97kSg
youtube.com/watch?v=1b8biqx2NLo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

aim behind where you want to punch and punching the jaw/chin is a good way to KO someone

Being used to fighting is worth way more than training in a controlled setting. If you have both (like someone in a full-contact style) you'll have a significant advantage over an untrained bruiser.

That's what I thought. I think good fitness level + real experience will make you a better fighter than most people

Taking classes long term = less damage / miles on your body.
Most likey be more skilled too.

Trained in the streets means your your a stupid punk kid, that knows nothing.

"street trained"

but i left the violence behind me. not sure if you can really train it, but speed is >all. i guess training is good because you can read the movements of your opponent better.

but i don't have to fight. and violence when unneeded is just weakness.

Did you grow up in a ghetto?

Yeah, pretty much. Conditioning is also really important. That's what makes kick boxers and karateka (legitimate styles that do full-contact) really solid; they punch and kick shit all day and get hit constantly so they don't flinch as easily and their strikes hit like cinder blocks. One of my friends who was a world-class karateka (now a power lifter) and later kick boxer had shins that were so tough someone that just transitioned from a point sparring style actually broke his foot on my friend's shin when he tried to kick it.

That being said, the downside to full-contact striking styles is that your body isn't going to last. Other styles that focus more on grappling and things like joint locks, throws, and avoiding injury will serve you a lot longer through your life.

You train any style?

i wouldn't call it a ghetto. just a abusive household and i picked up fights everywhere i could

be drunk, swing first if you think its gonna happen, when you swing make sure you follow up and you have to be trying to knock them out

You're also not supposed to kick with your foot. Anyone who does kickboxing or MMA knows that wheel kicks land with the shin or the ball of the foot. It won't break that way, at least, it will be hard.

Yeah I don't know the details, but the guy was a black belt so he was probably kicking correctly. He just wasn't used to kicking things without pads that are solid as hell.

I haven't been able to stick with one style for a really long time, but I've done TKD, Kyokushin Karate, Aikido, various weapons including kenjutsu and bo, and the Takamatsu arts. The Takamatsu stuff (taught by the Bujinkan, Genbukan, and Jinenkan generally) have seriously awesome techniques, but they are usually taught poorly. I've also done some HEMA and sport fencing.

Nose is the most painful place to get hit, I'd for that. Unless you're gonna be a dirty eye poker but if it's a real street fight then fuck that shit, go for whatever wins, balls, throat, eyes

>He just wasn't used to kicking things without pads
Pretty common actually.

The thing with training without pads is that people think is a kind of meme and because it hurts as hell at first they simply quit it.

My take on this is that you should punch and kick hard things without breaking your damn bones. Sure you will have blisters and whatnot but as long ast he bones get stronger there won't be shit.

Also eat good and healthy. You don't have to be religious about it but get them calcium and proteins in the right amount.

>balls
kek first mma fight I had my opponent did just that. He was DQd but yes it was incredibly effective if it had been a street fight

youtube.com/watch?v=KSIoHp97kSg

To answer OP's question, training goes a long way, but there's a limit. You can train all you want, if you never put what you learn in action, you can't expect to beat an experienced fighter

Fuck training. I'm a big fan of the surprise headbutt. My favorite is at 2:45 in this video.

youtube.com/watch?v=1b8biqx2NLo

There's something really humiliating about getting headbutted, dont know why

Being a good fight comes down to a few things. Being in decent physical shape. You can't last with shitty cardio or a small frame. Also the myth that the more you get hit, the tougher you are is opposite to reality. The more damage your head has taken, the more fragile it becomes. So street tough really doesn't mean shit. Another thing is technique. You can practice all you want but if you haven't learned proper technique your fucked. Also learn more than just one fighting style as well as weight train. The best style combo in my opinion is boxing and jui jitsu. If jj isn't for you then wrestling. Really there aren't many fighting styles that will fuck someone up as bad as those 3 combined. And don't be scared when fighting, your either gonna lose or win, you likely won't dye.

Been thinking of starting BJJ. Not even for the fighting, but because it gets you in top-tier shape. Most guys who are blue belt and up have really good cardio and fitness

Absolutely. One of the most dangerous styles if you have good technique. Also one of the least taxing styles on the body and head (again, if your techniques on point)

Do you train it?
Any tips on finding a good gym? I heard some of them are douchebag central

I have in the past. Find a Gracie jj gym for the best style. Ya most gyms are full of dbags but the point is to just perfect your style and avoid partnering with someone who's going to fuck with you. Also avoid partnering with people that just run through the motions and don't truly test your technique.

This, a lot of people without experience pull their punches. Remember that you're trying to hit the back of the dude's head, his face is just in the way.

Train more than just jj if you have the time or the means. Did you want to compete as a pro or just fuck up a bully or something?

I grew up in a shitty white trash town were I constantly got into fights.

I also have a year of boxing under my belt, 3 years of wrestling, and 4 years of BJJ.

I'm not in any way an expert in fighting, but in my experience/opinion, the most important factors in a fight, from most to least important, are:

1. Being used to fighting (i.e. actively being used to hitting/being hit/grappling with an opponent.)
2. Knowing how to effectively hit
3. Knowing how to effectively grapple
4. Size (height x weight)
5. Athleticism (strength, cardio, etc.)

Of course this isn't hard and fast. In general, a thug who gets into fights all the time is going to beat an experience grappler with no real fighting experience. That being said, someone with enough of a lower trait will still outclass someone with a higher trait. For example, a 6'5 powerlifter who has never been in a fight in his life is almost certainly going to BTFO a skinny drug addict who gets into fights constantly.

i want to compete at some point but not as a pro

whats your heigh and weight?

Being drunk is dumb advice.

You lose coordination and balance

Well better off going all out in one style and maybe down the road you will want to compete in jj as pro!

6ft, 195 ilbs. I'll do the occasional BJJ tournament, but have never fought in MMA or boxing if thats what you are wondering.

I enjoy grappling, but actually hate fighting, and only bothered with boxing for self defense purposes.

Because you were stupid/beta enough to let them get that close

Are you natty? One thing that puts me off bjj tournaments is the amount of roiders in them

Horseshit. Learn your range so you can impact with a fully extended arm and snap your punches back. It wastes less of the energy and hits way harder.

Muay Thai experience.

I am.

I generally place ok, but I'm not really trying to climb the ranks or anything, so I don't mind the roiders (if I've grappled with any.) Really its just something I do occasionally for fun/ test my skills. Sucks for people who actually want to compete if true though.

You throw punches like a kid with down syndrome I'd kick you in the knackers too bud

That was round 3 and I was tired af already
let's see some of your fights, I'll wait.

I'm six foot two and took a combo of judo and kickboxing for 9 years. Fighting is serious. Will kick a fucker in the head and throw him using his own weight in a street fight anyway. If you fight me with a shirt on and decide to grapple or get close youre in for a pavement sandwich

I jerkin off that that stuff it's mine

wot