What's behind the recent rise in popularity for the Flat Earth theory? did something change?

what's behind the recent rise in popularity for the Flat Earth theory? did something change?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lu3rxI7qGRM
youtu.be/HttdxjYK7EQ
soundcloud.com/yungnero210/you-wish-me-harm-because-i-hurt-you-yet-no-harm-comes-my-way-i-am-free
youtube.com/watch?v=HGKP2vVwcDg
youtube.com/watch?v=SF7FUU7CThs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Nothing really, just more shitposting about it

It's the new wicca.

The level of stupidity rose so......

An old friend of mine became a jesus fag and posts a bunch of flat earth related stuff on facebook. He has quite a few followers, too.

Education is on the decline. That pretty much sums it up.

Because it is

it's only gonna speed up with captain retard in charge

Is what?

It's an alternative truth

is

I think a lot of it has to do with the widespread use of social media. All the schizos and psychos can finally get together from the safety of their homes and share their delusions with each other. In addition, we can all now see what they think. These things were both harder before Facebook and such.

I like to think Hat Films' mockery has something to do with it. youtube.com/watch?v=lu3rxI7qGRM

The water was turning frogs gay.

The only thing I know about the subject is that it is a bat signal for shills. That and bigfoot. I never understood why certain batshit crazy threads on /x/ can have a permanent undisturbed generals but flat earth and bigfoot threads rack up hundreds user hundreds of shill posts.

No one. It's literally the lowest, weakest form of idiotic shit posting.

"shill posts"?

Internet gave stupid people a voice.

This. It's interesting to see people react to sparse facts and a narrative. Definitely made me re think conpiracy theories that I was so sure of. Now I'm a skeptic of either side and hold my own beliefs but I can never be 100 percent because I'm not an expert of anything really.

You mean besides 8 years of Liberals running critical ops like education?

People who overwhelm threads with disinformation and shitposts in attempts to derail actual discussion

Because of the huge popularity of the Discworld books.

I actually agree with that picture.

Shills

the only thing that's really affected this fucking fad is the rise of internet echo chambers for delusional fools like these to surround themselves with equally nutty fools instead of being rightfully ridiculed and thrown in sanitariums like we used to.

Actual discussion of "flat earth"? isn't that just an old myth?

Why do you become violent when you are faced with questioning your conditioning?

>my sides
Check your car for monitoring devices, we attached one recently.

Also always attack anyone who laughs at you as being "shill", "angry", ec.

no...us goverment decided that also retarded people should have an access to the www...what comes out is shit like this

Is that what you were taught?

Uh, yes?

>le maymay arrow

Not an argument

The new trend is to think that you are smarter than everyone else and make up facts based on your faulty logic and pass it off to other dipshits as fact. Nobody like to admit that they don't fully understand how something works so they just make shit up and pretend they are of genius level intelligence.

because people don't understand that having a north and south celestial pole make a flat earth impossible

Yes, liberals taught a whole generation or was ok to say completely stupid shit and have stupid fucking ideas, and anyone that says "uhm, that's kinda dumb" is being violent and full of hate.

Dozens of things easily debunk the flat earth
It's so easy to disprove

Sun, round.
Moon, round.
Planets, round.

Earth, a special, flat snowflake.

So it would be surprising to you to learn that the belief of earth being flat is still strongly held belief in various cultures and demographics?

>blaming liberals for insane right wingers

What cultures and demographics?

the retarded ones

You're doing it too. I'm inside your head.

2012 is behind it.
Everybody lost their ability to reason logically.

If Earth is flat rainbows would be a straight line across the sky.

Suck it Flat Earthers

Do you seriously think the earth is a ball? You do realise NASAs declared that earth is pear shaped right?

>Moon is round
>sun is round
>planets are round

>earth special little snowflake

Hmm...

Do I have to do all your research for you?

probably oogey boogey spear chuckers and mudbugs from louisiana

See, another self proclaimed liberal expert. ...durr..conservative es mad cus libeeal is right. .

>i can choose if im a boy or girl whenevr i want depending on my outfit

Suck it, flat earth retards.
youtu.be/HttdxjYK7EQ

>Tries to act all mysterious and knowledgeable
>knows nothing

>Everybody
Everybody?

you know! there's a really cool cartoon a found once on youtube about three witch sisters living in flat earth.

>NASAs declared that earth is pear shaped right?
No they merely pointed out that it is not perfectly spherical. Which is in line with the big bang theory. if the earth was impacted many times by meteors and the like it would not naturally be a perfect sphere. None of the other planets are perfectly spherical.

Don't forget that all cops are racist. ....against blacks. ...in communities of mostly blacks. ....with mostly black on black crime. ....policed by black cops. ...

If you dont beilve in the science of round earth, why would you think that would prove anythjng

This is why people don't talk to you. Because you're always "on".

It's not 100 percent spherical because of the centrifugal force.

Cleaver Trolls successfully trolled stupid people.

Wtf you tslking about fool. Big bang theory has nothing to do with how round the earth is

>black on black crime
What do you mean?

>policed by black cops
Blacks can't be racist!

So do you have no idea why there are rainbows, or is this some next-level shitposting?

You could be that unfortunate to think that the last 30 years of conservative teachings created the vast majority of conspiracy theorists and other folk who are too keen to shut down before they speak, or think that a whole generation would think that it was okay to say stupid nonsense and consider anyone who would disagree in a reasonable way would be violent or full of hatred or bitterness.

Y'all in this thread about one thing or the other, you both suck equal amounts of dick in virtue of eachother as individuals than what you hope to represent.

Yeah, replying to stupid shit means "always on"

>did something change?
Yes. Alternative Facts have been touted as real facts by charlatans, and now the uptick in stupid is overwhelming America and making us look like the idiots of the wold.

>le maymay arrow

Not an argument

This is a mute point. Everyone knows we live in the matrix. Its just a computer program

how would the water vapors distort the light properly without the gravity of a round earth?

replying with random unrelated Sup Forums shit no one asked for

Idiots have taken over, didn't you pay attention at all last year

Troll questions. You can't be that stupid. Fuck you and your blind dog.

Doesn't mean we're any less real than the program we're being run on. We should be trying to self-correct, not waste memory by propagating bad data.

Also, it's moot point, not mute point.

And with this one post now even round earther can't agree what the earth is

Hmm

>mute

Lel

soundcloud.com/yungnero210/you-wish-me-harm-because-i-hurt-you-yet-no-harm-comes-my-way-i-am-free

hopefully you guys enjoy it

No mute. Im from australia, we say mute.

Nice fedora. How's your mom?

Fine ill be a hero on cam happy?

oh here it is.
youtube.com/watch?v=HGKP2vVwcDg

I'm from Australia, and no we don't. You're just fucking retarded.

She's fine. You done jerking yourself off?

even better
youtube.com/watch?v=SF7FUU7CThs

Rainbows are basically light that reflects off the back of water droplets (so the sun has to be behind you to see one), the colors are because of refraction on entering and exiting the drop. Rainbows are circular arcs because the viewing angle increases radially out from the center (looking directly away from the sun), and the viewing angle controls which color you see.
You need gravity in the sense that you need you and the atmosphere to be pulled toward the Earth, and you need a water cycle and all that, but I assume this isn't a "first create the universe" discussion.

Yeah, i wish she could finish me, but fuck she's fat. She eats to hide the pain you've caused her.

You'd better be trolling. Its an oblate spheroid like you would expect a spinning planet to be. A sphere sort of smushed along the y axis. It is round.

The Internet enables ignorance like Trumpists, Gamergate, and the "alternative truth" alt right.

I don't know why this is a shock to you.

Is nobody interested in a live video from a guy in space doing space things? Fucking plebs.

You're more autistic than I thought, user.

It's pear shaped you fucktard

>the big bang theory has nothing to do with how round the earth is.
>the big bang is not an expansion of materials including planets, meteors, asteroids, stars, and all other basic known material prior to observable life.
>the meteors have not hit plannets like earth with substantial enough force to leave it misshapen.
Have you even seen the gulf of mexico on a map?

>If you dont beilve
it is not be a matter of faith you pleb.
You either can understand and comprehend the truth of this earth or you can live in ignorance.

Let's not forget natural gravitational forces, oh wait, you don't believe in those...

Stupid questions get stoopid answers.
Silly comments get poor nonexistent blind dogs fucked apparently...

The earth is a ball of mass (loosely speaking) which has been the only known one to successfully sustain life.

>so the sun has to be behind you to see one
this part is not entirely accurate. Good to see you thinking though.

Strange, this was something dragged through /x/ by simps on both sides of the political spectrum long before it reached Sup Forums.....

This thread is more fun than I thought it would be.

I honestly watched under the dome documentary, wanting to laugh at it, thinking it was a bunch of retards, thinking they were literally like SJWs, trannies, BLM, ect

Researched it, dug around, tested shit, looked, though, considered, researched, tested...

.....then went fucking numb, realizing I've been lied to for 25 years.

This is honestly a big element, regardless of if you think its right, or wrong, you need to admit that the idea that all the population has been brainwashed into that is absolutely, cripplingly depressing.

I can't entirely blame people for not wanting to dig, a lot of people who try, just thrown their hands up trying to disprove it, and leave... Because its less painful to look like a jackass, than to admit it.

A pear looks nothing like an oblate spheroid, google it.

Quick question, so the earth is oblong because rotation which causes water masses to rise at the equator. Why is there such large land masses at the equator , wouldn't they be covered up with like at least a mile of water?

Well friend, I've studied optics, and I also looked into this, and guess what?

I thought it was bullshit all the same. You're a fool or a folk if you weren't aware of how society works, and what is and isn't taught to the majority, too. Quick test: if you thought all of the population were brainwashed, does that make you not part of the population?

But nasa says it's a pear

/thread

Silly, land masses aren't fluids. But they are resting on a molten mantle, so they move very slowly relative to us, and in fact bend nonetheless.

Just not to the extent that water does. Also, the land masses have all kinds of different surface heights. Remember that under the water exists the ocean floor, which is still land. What I'm trying to say is that while the water masses do rise at the equator to some measurable degree, there are also land masses that had points far greater than the maximum average height of the water itself. If the volume of those bodies of water dropped, you would see more land around those land masses near the equator.

>It's pear shaped
"The shape of Earth is approximately oblate spheroidal. Due to rotation, the Earth is flattened along the geographic axis and bulging around the equator."
That means if it is a sphere that bulges slightly around the equator that would look nothing like a pear. You are either completely retarded or baiting.

No you obviously just didn't read or understand correctly. If it looks vaguely fruit shaped an orange is a more suitable comparison. generally spherical with two "poles" and a slight bulge around the midsection.

Fuck now I want an orange you prick....