Death Metal Thread... I'll Start with my recs for anyone interested in expanding or getting into the genre

Death Metal Thread... I'll Start with my recs for anyone interested in expanding or getting into the genre.
Old school type shit- Autopsy, Death (literally any of their albums), morbid angel, possessed (just because they started the damn genre), immolation, Baphomet, Bolt thrower,Incantation, morpheus Descends, Runemagick.

Swedish death metal (from sweden... characterized by guitars with extremely low presence but a fuckton of balls) Entombed, bloodbath, dismember.

Brutal death metal (my cup of tea and ill progressively list more slammy bands) - Cryptopsy, Dying Fetus (first album is the grossest), brutality, decapitated, defeated sanity, Gorguts, Nile, Pyrexia, Skinless, SOILS OF FATE, Soreption, Suffocation, Therion (only the first album... rest is shit.)

Straight up slam metal (the grossest of the gross) some peeps here might not have heard of this so ill just say in death metal, bands started experimenting with slow parts called breakdowns to add flavor to a song but it has to be doubled fast parts to even mean anything. slam takes these breakdowns but actually grooves them together and its possible to sound quite nice...

Abominable putridity, Infernal Revulsion, Cerebral bore, Pathology, devourment, disgorge, gutteral secrete, ingested (borderline deathcore but still pretty good) , Katelepsy, and putridity.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=57Ypf0MrEww
youtube.com/watch?v=2qYbFh23Uh8
youtube.com/watch?v=BVlV_ZAArPM
youtube.com/watch?v=pOiQOOrj-fY&t=1143s
m.youtube.com/watch?v=m8B5dEfJAbU
youtube.com/watch?v=rkNbTS7uhLE
youtube.com/watch?v=AA_1kZ-p5yY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

youtube.com/watch?v=57Ypf0MrEww

youtube.com/watch?v=2qYbFh23Uh8

hey OP, what about early immortal or behemoth. MGLA & mayhem?

youtube.com/watch?v=BVlV_ZAArPM

Not OP but I fucking dig Mayhem.

youtube.com/watch?v=pOiQOOrj-fY&t=1143s

i just kinda typed this off the top of my head and havent really gotten into black metal. i hear all the time you have to feel the atmosphere out until it just clicks so ill def do that. ive heard darkthrone, immortal, mayhem , burzum are all great black metal. and i fuck with behemoth but ive only really listened to the satanist a ton, ill give the early behemoth a listen tonight.

which mayhem albums do u recommend user?

CANNIBAL CORPSE

m.youtube.com/watch?v=m8B5dEfJAbU

Good fucking call man. Goatwhore/Monstrosity guy here. Krisiun is fucking broootal.

That metalcore shit you listed is gay as fuck even if its decent

thanks OP, if i could recommend one behemoth album it would be demigod...fucking great album in my opinon.

btw op here just to say if you havent heard this WHOLE song by cryptopsy, you need to ...
youtube.com/watch?v=rkNbTS7uhLE

I only own their "Dawn of the Blackhearts"album (the one with Deads suicide photo on cover) and I definitely recomend it bu I don't fuck with black metal too much I'm more of an old school American death metal kind of guy.

Suffocation is my all time favorite death metal band. They all live really close to me too. My friends dad is also a long time friend of Terrance Hobbs. Met him over the summer when he through a backyard show, unfortunately Suffo didn't play. Love that fucking band! Bought pierced from within on CD for $30 not too long ago.

not the user youre looking for, but their two albums, deathcrush, and de mysteriis dom sathanas are their cream of the crop albums!

damn dude thats pretty sick. terrance is a beast imo especially on effigy, that one song where him and the other guitar just have a solo contest is great

thanks & yeah i like old skool also : nile - black seeds of vengance, cannibal corpse - eaten back to life.

thanks user, will give these a try.

Decide- till death do us part

Made me cry a little

NILE is sick. Great fucking band.

Terrance is the coolest motherfucker and an insane guitarist. Have seen them live 4 times, every time Frank was on vocals.

>pic related with me, Terrance Hobbs and my friends family.

youtube.com/watch?v=AA_1kZ-p5yY

Surprised by no mention of Malevolent Ceation yet.

why'd u cry user? i didn't think it was that good, stench of redemption on the other hand is fucking great!

i remember when amongst the catacombs of nephrin ka came out & i heard howling of the jinn...went straight out & got that album.

anyone ever get into kreator extreme aggression or renewal?

Cringe thread

Fucking expand your tastes and stop dressing like you're 14. It's embarrassing to everyone.

fuck off hipster faggot, you're the only one who's dressing like he's fourteen...lol

piss off faggot