/DnB/ general-Fuck da chainsmokers edition

Welcome back to the drum and bass general. As always, feel free to post anything about the genre, and any upcoming news

Huge outer edges remixes out today. Listen to that instead of the shitty cucksmokers album

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/zo7wDq20eYU
youtu.be/kvTgD69jnTg
youtu.be/Z-eqeHQkmjs
youtu.be/ACNpoEytBS0
youtu.be/k5L87jmzWkI
soundcloud.com/amaryllis_no/never-again
chipzel.co.uk/track/focus-3
soundcloud.com/nyteofficial/silent-tears?in=nyteofficial/sets/recollections-ep
youtube.com/watch?v=y3idGhVYiMQ
soundcloud.com/nardis0404/groundbreaking-2015-nardis-lostair
soundcloud.com/frums/zephyrs
youtube.com/watch?v=LzCw6TwUjpQ
youtu.be/xLPc5EI3Qps
youtu.be/EdR5sNWXmgI
youtube.com/watch?v=CfTsOkhFsrQ
youtu.be/4AKSpPkZAuE
youtu.be/S7de4JJVV8A
youtu.be/-fCtvurGDD8
youtu.be/O98mzNylBRM
youtu.be/1tuTlWcOFa8
youtu.be/BzI6HBEsxuk
youtube.com/watch?v=kE1wWDWdUzs
youtube.com/watch?v=-ZKWBfQcWGc
youtube.com/watch?v=3EPerql3uJI
youtube.com/watch?v=Ztumlt7Nw1g
soundcloud.com/ak_q/astral
soundcloud.com/ak_q/bend
youtube.com/watch?v=yx3fIvcAw8E
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Admin here with some picks

It's a treat for the weekend

youtu.be/zo7wDq20eYU

youtu.be/kvTgD69jnTg

youtu.be/Z-eqeHQkmjs

youtu.be/ACNpoEytBS0

youtu.be/k5L87jmzWkI

burial is remixing innercity life

Anyone here listen to the stellar remix of exavolt by mefjus?

Bump

Here, have some variety
soundcloud.com/amaryllis_no/never-again
chipzel.co.uk/track/focus-3
soundcloud.com/nyteofficial/silent-tears?in=nyteofficial/sets/recollections-ep
youtube.com/watch?v=y3idGhVYiMQ
soundcloud.com/nardis0404/groundbreaking-2015-nardis-lostair
soundcloud.com/frums/zephyrs

Because with DnB once you have the good drum pattern pretty much anything goes

You have any feelings towards 4x4 DnB like hybris extraction or misanthrope remix of influx?

HAVE SOME OF THIS.

youtube.com/watch?v=LzCw6TwUjpQ

This tune always sends my tits into orbit.
Fucking heavy shit.
Almost 9 minutes of awesome.

Anyone here want to discuss the new outer edges remixes?

A little simple in my opinion, but otherwise it's pretty creative, especially making such a long DnB track
I thought a variant like that existed somewhere but never found any until today. Hybris-Extraction isn't much in my taste and doesn't really have a DnB feel imo. But The Misanthrop remix feels more like DnB, probably because of the hihats and the sound design. And it sounds pretty cool, thanks for the discovery c:

Well thanks for that. I think someone like hybris needs more attention because he has some pretty nice tracks. That EP extraction has some good tracks, like filter bubble, bubor, and don't touch my face. Guy has some really weird choices for sounds and track names though

Well, I think I'll go listen through the entire EP then, I'll see how I like it.

It's a very.....odd EP. Insect mating dance is probably the worst just because it's the most offputting jungle, but bubor is really nice because it was made from a club in Switzerland having its chairs vibrate

youtu.be/xLPc5EI3Qps

fook this

Anyone listen to this song?

youtu.be/EdR5sNWXmgI

Any thoughts on the album?

Two more tracks to go, but currently I really like it, I've recently come to like more glitched/abstract stuff so this fits right in.
I've only listened to it once so I don't remember every track yet, it's hard to give a precise feedback.
Well it's generally hard to give good feedback on stuff like this besides audio quality, since it's pretty abstract.
But well, it's good and I'll be listening to it again, that's for sure.
Brain Drain and Bottle Collector are especially nice imo.

Good to know that. Invisible is a really underrated label that has abstact DnB on it. People usually put some nice stuff there, like abstract elements, malux, bl4ck owlz, audeka, and even current value

Wish more knew of invisible. Stuff like hybris gives me hope there's versatility in the DnB scene

It mainly reminds me of this track, which is one of my favorite when it comes to "noisy" stuff (it's not DnB though, but still worth a try I'd say?) youtube.com/watch?v=CfTsOkhFsrQ
I might look some more in that label then, although I think DnB is already pretty varied. Well that's probably because I listen to a lot of amateur stuff.
Also, do you have any DnB tracks with a tempo of 180 rather than 160? I've produced 2 DnB tracks before and I've had to put the tempo at 180 because 160 felt too slow. I'm curious to see what well produced 180bpm DnB sounds like.

fuck yeah

Sadly I don't make music, but I did it to give it attention on this board. Soon I will make some attempts, but who knows if Sup Forums will still care for techstep and moving shadow

Either way, listen to this list. Bad company, phace, noisia, dom and Rolland, and mefjus should be your main guys to look at, and look at stuff like DLR and Lenzman as well

>Talking about the remix, goldie reportedly told Gilles Peterson in 2015 that his “friends don’t get it, but I get it completely,

hahaha

im not a fan of real dubby dnb
probably just because i'm a psytrance fag/90s breakbeat fan

Speaking of Goldie, he has an album coming in the summer. Anyone excited for that?

So you like stuff like lenzman, dlr, shy fx, ivy lab (Before the 20/20 ldn) and hybrid minds?

I don't mind. I'll post that stuff too because it is a DnB general after all

youtu.be/4AKSpPkZAuE

youtu.be/S7de4JJVV8A

youtu.be/-fCtvurGDD8

youtu.be/O98mzNylBRM

youtu.be/1tuTlWcOFa8

youtu.be/BzI6HBEsxuk

only stuff i like from him is sea of tears and beachdrifta and his track with burial, deity

ill listen to it i guess

It's still in pre-order form though.

Well, the limited image quality makes the titles hard to read but at least it gives me a good sub-genre list. And I'll go check the artists you recommended.
Also, have fun with your production attempts. It's a thing that takes a lot of time and even with 2 years of practice my stuff still sounds low-tier, but it's a great thing to do nonetheless.
What DAW do you plan on using?

when it comes out i mean

Bjork - Thunderbolt (Current Value Remix).
youtube.com/watch?v=kE1wWDWdUzs

KJ Sawka - New Life (Technical Itch Remix).
youtube.com/watch?v=-ZKWBfQcWGc

DJ SS - Lighter (Bladerunner Remix).
youtube.com/watch?v=3EPerql3uJI

Wickedsquad - No Guns Inna Dance.
youtube.com/watch?v=Ztumlt7Nw1g

I fucking love all of these tunes.
Just picked a few out of my head and posted them.
Already posted a couple but I'm getting hammered and here for the night hahaha.
Jump up drum and bass is normally my go-to... fucking love it, always have, but I was brought up on jungle too.
Love liquid, breakcore, ragga jungle... all aspects of drum and bass.
It's been my favourite music since I was 8, like 22 years ago or some shit.

soundcloud.com/ak_q/astral
soundcloud.com/ak_q/bend
These two are also worth checking out, they're pretty original in my opinion.

June 16th. It seems pretty stacked

Sucks how I thought DnB was shit but thought monstercat was fine. How times change

youtube.com/watch?v=yx3fIvcAw8E

Mfw noisia did it with remixes, but didn't get excision to remix get deaded

I probably thinking of using FL studio and ableton, but you got anything better then that?