Experienced my first family death today, at 22. Always thought I was a pretty tough guy to crack but this hit hard...

Experienced my first family death today, at 22. Always thought I was a pretty tough guy to crack but this hit hard. Anyone have any stories to share that can assist to brighten a mood?

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/jayjh1993
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

have gone through 3 deaths
cousin, best friend and father.

how close where you to the person who passed?

Don't brighten the mood. You owe your sadness to whoever passed. Don't fear mourning, don't fear the inevitable terror that this tragedy brings; it is how we learn and how we grow. Be sad. Cry. Do what you need to do. Don't bullshit yourself into believing things are okay right now, because they're definitely not. I don't say this as some edgy faggot trying to get a rise out of you. I just genuinely think you shouldn't run from how you're feeling. It's a natural, almost beautiful thing.

Lost my Grandmother, then my mother, then my other grandmother, and my grandpa leaving me with no grand parents alive. I hate getting all sentimental and shit but just cherish the memories you had with them and know they would want you to go on living your life, do what you can to make them proud of you.

Grandfather, wasn't as close as I wish I had been.

Thanks man, this shit brought some tears to my eyes again. It's tough the first time. Does it ever get easier?

this is one way to go about it op but id suggest trying to accept what happened as soon as you can. move on with your life. if you are the religious type know that its not the end. if you are the scientific type know that their energy will always exist in the universe even if its just memories you possess.

i promise you that you will see them again in your dreams. their spirit or whatever you want to call it will manifest in your dreams and you will get to say goodbye.

i spent a whole day with my cousin playing games and hanging out 2 days after he passed in one of my dreams.

well dont think about what could have been. that wont do any good. instead remember the good things. remember him the way you think hed want to be remembered.

Ah man, if my cousin passed I don't want to know how I'd feel. You know, Sup Forumss a pretty good bunch when you need them.

in about a few months to a year you will be perfectly fine dude. healing proccess takes time.

but know you wont get used to people you love dying. every time it happens it will be tragic. but you will get over it. you will move on. youll be joking about him in time bro.

Nothing gets easier, but we do get stronger when we have the will to be, bud.

Damn nigga your whole family died?

It does get easier. It's gonna be a while, man. But it does get easier. But like I said, allow yourself to be sad.

Trump is going to end death forever then you sad fags won't have anything to cry about

TRUMP FOREVER

He's gonna build a wall to prevent anyone from passing on it's gonna be great

Then all the liberals will be btfo

>allow yourself to be sad.
this
sadness is a beautiful emotion.
not trying to be edgy or emo or whatever. but sadness is a completely healthy and necessary part of life man.
its part of the healing process.
cry if you need to bro. it will make you feel better. you wont be a bitch for crying unless you are mexicans.

mexican patriarchs are not allowed to cry at funerals or deaths. they stand as a symbol of strength for the family.

but thats besides the point.

I was the child in the family born late, probably by accident. My father was a jigalo who had me when he was 48 and my sister was 14 years older than me and of a different mother (she died). Every month when I was six or seven we would fly up to me grandparents house for the weekend and come back. However both had cancer and died before I could remember anything about their personality and who they were. Who I knew the best was my grandfather. He was a stopping man according to my family but I always saw him breathing hard with an oxygen tank wherever I went. I did not attend my grandmothers funeral due to my mom having custody at the time (parents divorced at 3), but was with my grandfather during his funeral. I was a pall bearer and was given the flag after taps was played for his service in the Korean War (built airbases during combat, turned into a construction owner when he came home). To this day that's all I remember of them. I could never ask who they were intelligently as a growing adult or ask about their history. It's tough, but with your case OP be glad you knew whoever it was, if you did.
>I miss you don.

STFU Andrew its gonna be ok Sup Forumsrah

I got one
My dad died when I was 18 on Christmas eve.
He was 42 and had lung cancer. He was to proud to see since he found out he had cancer a few year before and said nothing since he hand no insurance. Now my sister and I hate my father's brothers since they stole stuff from his house before be even knew if he would be ok.
Life sucks but remember the good memories with your family member not that they died.

He was a strong man*
On iPad and too lazy to get out of bed and oncomputer

Thanks Sup Forums. Should I try to take my mind off of it, or just embrace it? Whats worked the best?

Nobody cares faggot fuck off

embrace that shit.
embrace it until you have no tears left to cry.
embrace every thought you have good and bad.
hold those memories as close as you can. and when you are ready, maybe before sleeping. speak out loud to him as if he where with you. tell him everything. how you feel. tell him goodbye. pretend hes hearing you. pretend hes right there with you listening. tell him how you wish your relationship was. apologize if you need to. just speak from the heart with him dude.
get closure. and then move on.
you wont move on over night. speak to him as many times as you need. and when you are finally ready say goodbye.

>Does it ever get easier?
Yes and no.

In a sense you're lucky, because at 22 you know how full a life can be, and you know who to mourn because you've had time to grow with them in your life.

In a sense this is going to fuck you, because nothing really prepares for the finality of death, and new information once you've reached adulthood can be immense to process.

Your friends will try and console you, they do not know what they're doing and will make things worse, it's not their fault.

also, if speaking to him outloud isnt your thing. you can just write letters to him. as if he where going to read them one day. and do all the gut spilling on paper.

this shit works dude trust me. i write shit down every time i have something troubling me. every time its just a matter of organizing thoughts and feelings into something thats more understandable. something your mind can actually grasp. just give it a shot dude. you will be suprised at how well you actually know yourself.

We all die OP get over it.

usually when i encounter people saying to get over death, its because they havnt fully gotten over it themselves.

I think the hardest part was being able to understand what my mother was trying to do. Hearing her holding back tears as she tried to be strong for me, while I tried to hold back tears but I couldn't. Mothers, I forget sometimes what they're capable of.

Was it cancer? It's always cancer, fuck cancer seriously; a friend of mine passed away from a cancer back in 2014, he went to a great university and was a kind friend; he was only 21.

Use sna,p,ch,at,y,,com before it gets patched fellow Sup Forumsros!
Share pics that you got here

No, other causes I'd rather not discuss. Needless to say, he's been in pain for a long time. In a sense this is a good thing

A lot of people smoke multiple packs of cigs a day and don't get cancer. Doesn't mean cigarettes don't cause cancer.

Death is just a natural thing. You aren't upset because they are dead, you're upset because they aren't in your life anymore.

There's no sense in dwelling over it. You can't change it. Get over it.

just be with your family for now dude.
you all need each other.
so be there for each other. appreciate that you all still have each other because one by one they will start leaving this world until its finally your turn.

I know what you feel bro.

Yea it sounds like a positive.

He will always be in your heart, remember the good times.

I just buried my cousin the other day, that nigga was only 18.

A car hit him into his back, his head smashed into the asphalt. I think he already died at that moment considering the doctors found him brain dead the next day.

I guess at least it was quick.

>Doesn't mean cigarettes don't cause cancer
they dont.
people get cancer from cigs cuz they have a gene. and this gene is present in almost everyone. but some people are missing this cancer - cig gene and will never ever get cancer from smoking.

weird shit them genes.
and no, theres no sense in dwelling over death. its inevitable. but telling someone to get over the loss of someone they love is a different story.

My cousin (little brother) died last saturday at the age of 21. I feel like I will never be happy again.

so is he your cousin or little brother?

or he's your little brother's son?

How can you say that with such certainty? Where you very close to him?

Did you derive all your happiness with/from him?

Just want to understand, I know how it feels like.

Your dog will probably die sooner than you think.

He was my cousin but he was more of a brother to me. He was so much younger than me but still our views and everything were almost identical. He made my writings into music and he was talented at that, everything seems ti have lost meaning now

did that music ever get recorded?

My grandfather passed a few years ago right before Christmas. I was overseas too. Shit it me like a truck. I wasnt7as close as I wanted to be either, but he was involved with me while growing up, ge was around in good times and bad, and he was proud of me.

It eats people up, thinking they could had done something before someone passes away. Don't beat yourself up over that regret (if there is one). Talk to family, talk to a counselor or friend, and maybe even a priest, religious or not, talking to someone helps.

Also a few months later I lost my dog I had as a kid, i just felt numb. But it took me a while to get the help I needed, but it wasn't too late.

In hindsight, life kicked me while i was down. It is almost funny.

It did. Some of it at least, tons of projects will never be finished. I listened him to play the tunes and it was all in his head. He got brand new equipment and everything only to die a week later

well shit bro looks like youve gotta finish an album in his honor.

if the music had any electronic aspects to it hit me up on soundcloud. i can help you out.

soundcloud.com/jayjh1993

but if anything you will always have those jams man. thats something special between you guys. nobody can take that shit from you.

Use sna,p,ch,at,y,,com before it gets patched fellow Sup Forumsros!
Share pics that you got here

I still have my biological little brother. He thought he should learn guitar now and I agree. My cousin was into rock and metal but I still appreciate your efforts. He could have been something so great. Thanks for listening, it really helps.

for sure man. i wish you and your lil bro the best.
youll remember your cuz and every time you feel like the music things not working out just remember why you are doing it.

My mother died on Christmas eve when I was twenty-two. I cried every single day on my way home from work for about six months.

>Two years later its much easier to accept that shes gone
>still miss her like hell

Damn nug :'(