Preacher

Why is no one talking about this show?

I find it quite good though Jesse is an asshole and Tulip looks like a bitch with a overrated tight ass while Cassidy is based

It's shit dudeweedlmao ruined it

It's a great show.

it's not very good
Cassidy dude is the only non-shit actor /character

Why do you think that?

I didnt find a lot of flaws with the writing

Share your thoughts about it

Entire comic is based around the idea of taking the piss out of Christianity and shitting on God

People expect the network behind the most conservative show on tv, walking dead, to do it justice

I read some issues of the comic and liked them. Didnt look like they were bashing Christianity but just playing with the morals and the bizarre side of it.

But yea the show plays a lot like twd with the cliffhangers and whatnot

I liked him a lot but I thoughts assface was good too

I wanted to like Tulip, but I couldn't after she told that edgy story about how her uncle is "drunk all the time just kidding" thing. It felt like she was trying too hard. The home-made rocket launcher thing pissed me off. I know it shouldn't, considering the whole Vampire and god-powers thing, but it really did.

The show overall has pacing issues. Maybe it's different when you watch the whole season back to back, but right now it just feels like nothing is happening.

I personally haven't read the comic.

I want to like this show, but I can't tell if I do just yet. It doesn't feel like it's hit it's stride. Jesse isn't particularly likable. Cassidy is lovable and the best thing about the show.

I heard it got renewed for another season. I hope it gets interesting soon.

Tulip and Jesse might as well be completely original characters. I like the show but they just don't feel anything like themselves.

Which is weird because Cassidy feels lifted off of the fucking page.

They fucked over her character by race-swapping her and making her backstory about being raised in a whore-house instead of by a single dad who lost his wife during childbirth.
Pretty sure they didn't think that angle fit their narrative.

>Entire comic is based around the idea of taking the piss out of Christianity and shitting on God

Why do people say this? In the first issue, Garth Ennis says his intention isn't to offend people or dismantle religion. His intention was to tell a good story, and that's why there's long stretches of the comic that have nothing to do with religion. The whole point of the comic is not to criticize Christianity, the whole point of the comic is exploring bullshit in an entertaining way.

I'd fuck show tulip no matter how crazy or bitchy she got

I'm going to continue to watch the show, but so far I'm only mildly entertained and severely butthurt how they treated the material.
Meatwoman will be scrapped, Jesse's racist family and horrible grandma will be scrapped, fetish guy who fists people, licks the poop and has beastiality and pedo orgies will definitely be scrapped.
Hollywood just doesn't have the balls.

Yeah she acts like a entitled bitch most of the time. Its bad that we havent seen her weak side yet, because it makes her look like a complete cunt

I think that while Dominic is a good actor he havent made Jesse have a personality yet. He's like Rick 2.0 trying tô do the good thing but ultimately fucking everything up

Cassidy is really good though he can bê misused easily by being forced to do drug jokes and stuff

The cômics looked interesting. They have a trashy dirty vibe while being irônic and funny while the show has interesting tidbits(like the church sign saying stuff episode per episode) it doesnt seems ita going anywhere w it.

I mean, she's black so she couldn't be raised by her dad. So it makes sense in terms of having to change the backstory with a race switch. If she was switched to Asian then she'd be raised by parents who wished she was a boy.

>Rick 2.0

Rick who?

They haven't fucked Cassidy up yet so I have confidence that they won't cheapen him too bad. He can talk about anything, even the drugs, and I'd still like him more than everyone in the show.

Rick Grimes, the protagonist of The Walking Dead.

I like Cassidy too but I hope Seth doesnt self insert his unfunny dudeweedlmao jokes on him.

>Rick Grimes, the protagonist of The Walking Dead

How people even continue to watch this show baffles me. It annoys me that you said "Rick 2.0" like I was supposed to know what you meant.

And I agree I guess. I don't want dude weed jokes.

This.
It kind of sucks.
Ep 6 was awesome tho. Last episode kind of pissed all over that unfortunately

Because anyone with half a brain would realize he was talking about the guy from TWD, regardless of whether they are a fan of the show or not.

Because its shitty.

Because he's the only TV character named Rick

Please go and die.

Personally I think the fight scenes are fun and am pleasantly surprised by the series overall considering it's on a non premium cable network.
Some of the characters, including jesse, are developing weirdly though

Have you read the source material?

I have.

comic was more straight forward. jesse literally left annville after issue #1, but then again they have said that season 1 is a prequel of sorts

Yeah and Tulip is a composite character, not a good sign, the show is one of the worst adaptation ever attempted

That explains why nothing has really happened. I mean, fuck, 7 eps in and the most interesting thing was when they were fighting the warrior angel

He's the only TV character on the same network named Rick, as well as the only character on the most viewed television show that isn't an awards ceremony or sports broadcast.

So yeah, you're a moron. Someone who had never even seen the show should have been able to piece together what he was talking about.

An x rated comic made into a pg13 show

>x rated

So it could get away with a literal adaptation on network television?

it's probably 100x cheaper to film all in one town for a season rather than going to france and rome and shit

>literal adaptation
stop being a moron

called SETS sir

Thats a no then, so at most its nc17 watered downed to pg13

Well, there's nothing else on at time on a Sunday night so it has that going for it.

>nc17
this isnt crossed

Preacher TV show is shit. Not like the comic is the greatest thing ever. Pretty much become iconic because it was the edgy and american version of Hellblazer/Constantine and because catalized the whole post-grunge vibe.

Preacher is a very 90 thing, that´s why was always highlightes as one of the non adaptable comics like Watchmen, Y: The Last Man or Saga.

To me the main problem of Preacher TV show is the same of Watchmen film: They don´t understand the source because they are more worried about the shape and form.

The pace is terrible, the changes are atrocius, the plot is confusing, the characters are unlikeable (except cassidy), there is not a definied genre, etc.

We all know that was renewed more like a favor to Rogen. This show was aimed to be the new TWD, not the new BCS in terms of ratings.

A precursor for sure, you need PREACHERS fish fucking to get CROSSED horse cock slapping. But the point I'm trying to make is it was obviously cut down and hacked to Pieces because it was on the wrong Network.

Y: The Last Man isn't unadaptable at all.

All I could think of while reading it was how good a show of it would be.

No executive would greenlight Saga so there's nothing to worry about there.

Well put.

agreed

Was Tulip white in the comics? That would have been better. Although I understand Jesse not wanting to go anywhere with her in the TV show because she's ugly and annoying. I like the show though.

Can you imagine Y: The Last Man film/series in the current state of the media and the discussion about gender and feminism? That could be really imposible.

Very white, her father was super white.

>Y: The Last Man film/series in the current state of the media and the discussion about gender and feminism?

Y: The Last Man?
Y Not: The Last Woman?

I just wish a major network had picked it up.

I absolutely could. There's nothing in the comic that couldn't fly on one of the more ambitious network or premium cable channels.

What about Jesse's insane family? They all hated black people.
It wouldn't fit at all.

Uh, they hated Tulip despite her being white. It fits fine.

I don't give a shit about the source material.

"Not having a definite genre," is in no way a drawback.

The show is consistently entertaining and has some clever set-pieces, such as the motel angel fight.

Very well put

I can't watch it. I got 10 minutes into the first episode and turned it off. That British manlet is not Jesse Custer the man with the voice of God. Period.

I don't even want to know who they cast as Tulip, Herr Starr or Saint of Killers.

I mean the whole character of Jesse is that he is this old-school do it by the seat of your pants southern guy. And they pick this fucking millennial nu-male guy with a poofy haircut to play Jesse. Fuck off with that.

Tulip is played by a half-nigress, I haven't seen Herr Starr's actual face, but his clothes, bald and build is true to the comic.
The Saint of Killers get probably one of the best scenes in the damn series.

this

Watching the Preacher t.v. series makes me wonder if Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg really understand the Preacher comic book series at all. The comics aren't really about religion. Instead, they explore issues of masculinity like honor, friendship, brotherhood, standing up to injustice and other things girls don't understand. The series is basically a Western and Jesse Custer is a cowboy who was raised by a marine corps veteran and John Wayne to always have his buddy's back, protect women, and stand up to the bad guys. Instead, the television series focuses on Jesse as a preacher and changes entire aspects of his backstory and personality to reflect that. I suspect this was done because writing the arc of the rise and fall of a preacher is easier and in this current climate mocking religion is far more palatable than promoting masculinity.

Besides the weird MRA-tinge to your post, I agree completely. It annoys the hell out of me when people say the point of Preacher is some epic takedown of Christianity and religion in general. And this person in the show is not Jesse, which makes since because his dad in the show doesn't seem anything like his dad in the comic, and his mom is even in the fucking program.

This is such a weird fucking adaptation, I don't even hate the show; I just don't understand what the fuck they are doing.

They really fucked up by having cassidy and tulip fuck so early. Like, it causes huge tension and sets up for the end game because by the point that shit happens cass and jessie really are best friends, and cass let him "die" so he could bang his hot girl. Even after failing to try to seduce her for so long. And then theres all the shit he did to her with loading her up with drugs and just being a terrible person towards her. They threw all that shit out for a quick fuck to help her kill some guy? And then they aren't even getting to that? That's what you're going to waste it on... I'm cool with it being a new story and all that shit, but don't fuck it up that bad.

I posit to you, OP, that most Sup Forums-threads are live during an episode, and anyone interested in this show has already read the graphic novels, so already knows what's going to happen, so doesn't need to make a thread.

Just a theory.

they've already shown Jody and TC, I'm pretty sure Angelville isn't scrapped. Also there's a good chance that Quincannon's "god" is the meat idol.

I dont even understand what they're doing with Jesse and Tulip, their relationship is fucked beyond all belief atm.

I just want more screen time for the Saint of Killers