Are there any Sup Forumstards who were or currently are in the military? What country/branch do you serve in...

Are there any Sup Forumstards who were or currently are in the military? What country/branch do you serve in? Do you regret joining or would you do it again?

I can't serve in my country because of terrible eyesight, (vision tests are mandatory even for non-combat roles), and when I was a kid it was kind of a dream of mine to join the air force.

usaf. loved and hated it.

if you can't enlist, take a look at DoD civilian. you'd still be helping out the mission.

>loved and hated it.
What did you hate about it?

bullshit exercises, shitty leadership, pinging over little shit.

example
> deployed and flying combat missions
> get told i need to start prepping for my checkride
> why?
> to be sure you can do your combat mission
wut

Navy, and I wish I hadn't joined. Too much bullshit for the benefits.

That's just petty bureaucracy that comes with every job. If you were working in a company you would just replace that with some bullshit monthly HR presentation when the whole office gets rounded up in a packed room to watch a video about trans acceptance or fire safety.

What planes did you fly? Sounds like a badass job.

currently in us army, stationed in germany, with the 173rd. hate it a lot, its my second duty station. i hate being airborne.

is it true that you all love Trump??

C-130s. not bad ass like an a-10, but got shot at enough.

and all those HR briefings? yeah we get those too. someone fucks up and we get them again.

no. military is a cross-section of america

Current US Army Sergeant. Each day is different. Somedays you have a retard who sucked the right amount of dick so hes your boss telling you to do something dunb that can get you killed and you atempting to explain to him tactically how he can go fuck himself. Other days you get to let your intellegence show and you arent treated like a retard for being smart. Its like any job but your boss knows you cant punch him the the fucking face so he says and does what ever he wants. Yes but Id probably do a diff branch or wait to be an officer

I'm looking to reenlist in the air force (in another western country) that flies C130 as a loadmaster. are C-130s a fucking shithow or do you recommend them?

The air force is fucking gay, join the Marines.

> thinks af is gay
> joins 2nd gayest service after the navy

Currently in day 3 of a 25 day field exercise on ft Riley, ks. The army blows but I'm almost out. 6 more months and I'll be in college again.

Calm down chairforce, dont get your panties in a bunch.

That's pretty cool, where were you deployed?
Also is the training mostly technical or do you have physical stuff too?

thanks devil dog!
i'll be over here enjoying my nice chow and hot girls.

You obviously aren't a grammar nazi, Jake.

>this much jelly

USAF has some of the best looking chads in the military. Marines are a bunch of metal fans with retarded tattoos.

pic related is a chairforce chad who posts on fit no homo

af physical fitness is a joke. all the other services make fun of us.
there is plenty of flight training though. when you're not deployed you spend your time moving people/shit. when you're not we fly training missions to keep our skills up.

german panzergrenadier,
i got drafted and it took me 9 month

Recently returned from fucking Kamenka.
If you live in a country with draft, just an hero before they get you, even one year of conscription is enough to cripple you.
Fell ill with pneumonia, was kept in an unheated utility room for 2 days until inspecting officers from Moscow left.
Now I can't run at all, even fast walking makes my heart and lungs hurt like hell. 8 pushups before I keel over in pain, was 30+ before service.

404 abs not found

I suggest snorting NO-Xplode off closest grunt's chest to rectify that ASAP.

why don't you become aircrew in one of those Spooky Gunships

Typing on a phone in a bumpy truck is def not the easiest

That's the military too. Even the trans-acceptance training.

Paratrooper in the Brazilian army here.
Pay is shit, and so are conditions in the barracks sometimes, definitely won't be making a career out of it, will be out in one year and work in the private sector.
Still worth the experience imo.

afaik only the USAF has those bad boys. we're basically limited to c-130s and a handful of long-range strategic lifters

US Army, 16 years. 54B (Chem/Nuke tech) first enlistment, then 18E (SF Communications) for 11 years. Went lots of wild places and did lots of wild shit. Messed up my back pretty bad from jumping out of aircraft - bad enough that I ended up missing my retirement by ~3.5 years - but I still had a lot of fun and wouldn't trade it for anything.

If you want excitement, and you want to do stuff you can't do with any other organization, then go for it.

But if you just want college money, or free job training for something ordinary, then you probably shouldn't consider it - there is a lot of bullshit, and a lot of stress. All the time.

>18E
That's fucking based if you aren't trolling.

Stationed in germany? Lol ok where and why?

No fucking troll - the image is Camp McCall looking out from a C130 as we circled for our drop... SF is seriously mad shit, the kind you can't even talk about, but if you can hang, you'll love every minute of it.

Was going to ask about your deployments, but I assume you cant really post anything about them?

That's auscam faggot.

Currently in, Air Force, US
I'd do it again, I'd juts go hard for the job I wanted instead of settling.

>Was going to ask about your deployments, but I assume you cant really post

Iraq once, Asscrackistan several times. Several visits to Africa. But you're correct, I can't be more specific. I've only been out ~2.5 years, and so I have to assume that the INFOSEC crew are still keeping an eye on what I say/post.

That's a part of the job they don't tell you, but when you brief out they make it very clear that your S/C is still binding.

US Army O4, intel, 15 years in. Overall, it's been good to me and the family. Pulling six figures before taxes; not bad for a kid from the trailer park.

Apart from the back injury from jumping, have you ever been injured in other ways in your deployments?

>US Army O4, intel, 15 years in.

Not bad, Major. You might even get a little birdy on your shoulder if you hang in there. Intel guys don't get promoted that quickly, but if you take a rotation through OPs and log some time in a HotZone, you should make it to be a Col. Potter for retirement.

Sup bros. I'm 19 and I've considered joining the Army Reserves, that way I can continue many education. My plan was to go to basic training this summer and get back in time for school. Located on the east coast. Thoughts on this?

27 months in Baghdad, 9 in Zabul, Trashcanistan. Not looking to head back any time soon

Reserves dont get paid shit. Enlist my friend.

Dude so do you really have to have a degree to become an officer?

>Apart from the back injury from jumping, have you ever been injured

Yeah, a real prize - took a ricocheted AK round in the side, bottom of my ribcage. it busted two ribs and penetrated just far enough that they medevac'ed me because they though I had a lung puncture... I didn't, so it wasn't that big a deal. Was at 97th General hosp. in Frankfurt for 6 weeks convalescent, then back to my team. People get hurt worse than that every day, on the freeway commuting to their 9 to 5.

Yeah, but it doesn't have to be a good one. I had a dual major in English and psychology.

Also, the Army paid for a Masters in Strategic Studies from the Naval Postgraduate School, so it's a pretty sweet deal if you can swing it.

I was in the Israeli Navy

whats SERE like?

Green zone? Not bad duty there, except for the occasional sniper. Zabul, were you on the north side up in the mountains around Chopan? If so, you ate a lot of shit in those 9 months, I'm assuming back in 2010~11, right?

>Dude so do you really have to have a degree to become an officer?
That's how it works, son. You can enlist, get your college fund, and after you graduate go back in as an officer...your enlisted time still counts towards retirement.

I had the Green Zone and surrounding area in Karada peninsula and southern Hiafa street, plus some farms out west. We ate shit every day from 122mm rockets and 120mm mortars, plus the fucking car bombs. Correct on the timeline for AFG

Canadian infantry. Love it, but it can be a pain in the ass sometimes

Could you do online classes while being enlisted?
Does an enlisted even have the time to take online courses?

>whats SERE like?
You'll freeze, you'll eat bugs, you'll go about a hundred miles on foot across various shitty terrain, and you'll know what it means to hallucinate from sleep deprivation.

And that's in the first week. You'll also be taught/tested on resisting interrogation. It isn't fun. But if you get through it, you'll be more proud of yourself than you ever imagined possible.

Yes, you have time, depending on job and unit. It'll take fucking forever, though

Don't listen to these fools, they don't know shit.
Before you can become an officer, yeah you need a degree. BUT you also need to go through a selection board.
So, even though you may waste your time working towards that degree, there's no guarantee that you'll become an officer.

>don't know shit

11B in army (infantry) it's the suck. It's badass when you're doing stuff but mostly it's bullshit training like it's Vietnam digging foxholes in the woods and sleeping out there for no reason a bunch. Definitely glad I did it but about to get out.

O-1 2LT Infantry officer (11A). It sucks, but its much better than being enlisted (was enlisted for 5 years)

That's the worst part. You're an officer and you don't even know how you became one.

>You'll also be taught/tested on resisting interrogation.
What do they do aside from waterboarding?

What are my chances of being selected?

>Correct on the timeline for AFG

No shit? My team was running up near Fukk (Pukh) then. Friggin psychos were putting IEDs in the road just about every night trying to get our supply convoys. I got to splash a bunch of 'em - one of our snipers would let guys pull an hour or two on the M82 to break things up a bit. It was about the most fun you can have with your pants on!

You're asking a guy who just told a major that he doesn't know shit about how he got to where he is. Not sure you should pursue further information from that dipshit.

I hear you, canadian 00010 (infantry). The lack of deployments these days is bullshit

>Could you do online classes while being enlisted?
>Does an enlisted even have the time to take online courses?
Yeah - Univ. of Maryland has an entire program of courses that you can do remote to get your first two years of bullshit classes out of the way while you're on active duty. Definitely do that...

Sounds fun, but I was further south near the highway and closer to Kandahar.

I worked with your intel folks a little bit at Leavenworth. Semi-hot chicks, terrible attitudes.

Served in the norwegian air force, as a crew chief assistant on f-16. Awesome job, and really loved it.

que quartel da brigada tu serviu lek?
aluno da ESA aqui

chek'd

Keep it up officer, you're showing some great leadership skills.
Assuming you're going for the ARMY or NAVY, chances are slim. They'll ask you for some interview and have a vote on whether or not you should be promoted to officer.
USAF is kind of different. Marines too.
These branches only promote people when there's a "vacant" slot available. So when other people move up, you have a chance of moving up. That being said, you have a better chance in the Marines or Air Force at becoming an officer.
Stay away from the Marines though.

>What are my chances of being selected?
Depends on your degree, you GPA, you ASVAB score, and the needs of the Army. Get a good GT score and you can do a lot of tech shit.

>get a job in a new international company
>get issued a laptop
>you need an ID Carry Pass in case you're stopped by security
>fill in this form
>why can't I get the Pass and Laptop at the same time, but OK
>2 weeks later (still no pass)
>try to use CD Drive
>doesn't work
>report it to IT
>they replace whole laptop
>you need an ID Carry Pass in case you're stopped by security
>fill in second form
>weeks later (2 or 3)
>Carry Pass arrives in my mail
>for the old Laptop
>throw it away

I've been here almost 2 years now and I never received my Pass for my new Laptop.

Security don't even ask for it because they know it's bullshit.

I'm not on Sup Forums to be a leader, faggot. I'm here to call faggots like you a faggot. Faggot.

>Sounds fun, but I was further south near the highway and closer to Kandahar.

Hey, Candyland was no picnic. the friggin Mujji's made it a point to bring the danger to town on a regular basis.

I know my shit more than he does. He isn't even backing himself up.
He knows I'm right.

They used my AO to run guns and drugs as fast as they could on motorcycles. We just kept a pred loitering and lit them up with Hellfires. Kind of boring.

8o GAC

Prove to me that any of the shit I've said is false, officer. Otherwise, stop feeding bullshit to these kids.

You make it sound like he'll have to suck a train-full of dicks to get a letter of recommendation and an OCS packet together. With enough motivation and the display of ability, he can do it.

>The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
>Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

It's a government job, so you'll end up hating it, everyone in it, and probably yourself. Note the suicide rate. Incompetence everywhere, you almost have to be a shitbag, and deliberately disobey orders, and circumvent the chain of command to get anything accomplished for yourself/avoid being completely taken advantage of. They'll try to sell you this "our number one concern is the welfare of our soldiers," yet the one time we need something of them, they underperform, or prove that they're grossly incompetent or just really don't give a shit about you. Compound that with being surrounded by absolute bags of dung that could not survive in a job outside of the army, which basically hand you money for guarding giant piles of 50 year old rust, playing pretend in shitsberg, California, or being whisked away to shoot some dumb sandnigger in his dick, to get a "lookit what we did" medal put on your chest. The American military has not been gainfully employed to serve it's country since WWII, when there was an actual risk of Hitler coming into our base, and wrecking our shit.

>We just kept a pred loitering and lit them up with Hellfires.

Yeah, there were eagles overhead a lot of the time in our AO, but we weren't supposed to call for fire from them unless we were running in a serious pinch... Now, getting intel from the birdies was another matter. It was amazing to me that the idiots were carrying cellphones when they were supposed to be LowPro and sneaking shit around. Can't tell you how many times we got our heads up on account of the mujji carrying cellphones. That was my first tour in Asscrackistan. When I rotated in again, they had wised up, but they took a lot of lead before they realized why they were getting smoked.

We got the local government to outlaw motorcycles, which enabled us to change ROE. If they were on bikes, they died. It was pretty funny.

>You make it sound like he'll have to suck a train-full of dicks to get a letter of recommendation and an OCS packet together. With enough motivation and the display of ability, he can do it.

^^^^^ THIS I prefer OCS officers to the Academy pukes - the OCS guys, particularly those who did a tour enlisted, make better officers because they have been on the other end of the equation.

Assuming he gets selected.
Remember, he can go through all that shit, but it's up to the board. I'm just preparing him to face the facts, instead of what recruiters feed to the newcomers.

OCS in 2002. Fort Benning can get cold as fuck. Who knew? It's a fucking shit-show now, I hear. They don't even fuck with the candidates at all.

THIS 100%
The officers who don't know the enlisted life are the worst of them all.
E1's make better leaders than them.

>We got the local government to outlaw motorcycles, which enabled us to change ROE. If they were on bikes, they died. It was pretty funny.

Yeah, but that's about the same time that they started getting ***real*** creative about hiding IEDs in trucks... trying to get them inside our perimeter so they would take our S&S guys out.

Fukkin mujjis suck ass!

>PVTs make better leaders
Let's not get carried away. You leave a fucking concrete block with Joe and come back in an hour, the block's in seven pieces and Joe has no clue how it got that way.

Been enlisted Coast Guard for 6 years now. It's a great job.

Whoa whoa, the E1's aren't as bad as back in the day. And actually, I've been seeing more Private Firstclass coming out of basic than anything. What is it, a college credit thing?

Former Royal Chair Force Tech here (Got out 2 weeks ago).

Best and worst time of my life. Eventually though 8 years of bullshit got to me and I quit.

>THIS 100%
>The officers who don't know the enlisted life are the worst of them all.
>E1's make better leaders than them.

Undoubtedly. They should call it Waste Point.
Sounds like we've tasted some of the same dirt... good to know you, sir. And my thanks, some of the intel we worked probably came from your shop.

Ever done any drug busts?