$3.5 million first night

$3.5 million first night
Projected $45 million weekend

Variety and CNN call it a success

What kinda numbers would a "Real" Ghostbusters movie have made?

Other urls found in this thread:

vulture.com/2016/07/paul-feig-ghostbusters-reboot-c-v-r.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

If it had actual starpower in it aswell as a better director/writer, you bet your ass it would have pulled in double what it is now.

Nah. The only reason why this movie even got so big is because fuckers wouldn't stop giving them attention for the whole women thing. If they remade a regular ghostbusters, there's be less attention paid to it.

E V E R Y
V
E
R
Y

C R A C K
R
A
C
K

I don't know about that, if Sony let the Russos direct their movie with Chris Pratt & Channing Tatum as 2 of the leads with the Writer of 'Rogue Nation' penning it, I think that concept alone would atleast have done more business than the current one in theaters.

Easy 50 million opening night.

>It's supposed to be the worst movie ever man!

>Let's go see it!!

Yes, yes, very good Sony, very good

This is what I'm afraid of. I've never seen a movie shilled so much. Even jeopardy shilled. On top of the question Alex stopped to shill again and say when it was opening.
Fucking progressive and papa John's had commercials with it.
Sony needs to fail hard so they can learn a lesson.

Damn I'd actually enjoy that other than gaffigan

But they're fucking going bankrupt.

Sony fails hard all the time, they're numb to it

>gaffigan

you mean Rainn Wilson?

Yeah that chinless blob in the top left

What lesson?

Fuck Danny McBride would be amazing.

Nah he's a pretty solid comedic actor.

"projected" is always off by 10 mil even when it comes to smaller movies... could get bigger, could be lower

If it actually does make $45 million then it's a success. Remember warcraft made half that with the same budget and that was still profitable. Of course that's given the projections are accurate

>BUT WHY AREN'T THEY PANDERING TO MEEEEEEEEEEEEEE?

>thinks people dislike this movie because of the sex and not because it's exactly the type of movie the people you posted would act in

warcraft was only a hit because of china

>Danny McBride
>black Time Machine guy

Embarrassing.

Id watch this

isn't the black guy dead of diabetes?

name a better black comedic actor who has an active career right now.

I don't give a fuck to be frank. I'm not watching part 1. I won't watch part 2 if it gets greenlit. People waste their money on awful Hollywood remakes. Life goes on.

How would haters have made this movie differently? All make cast? Mixed genders? What difference would it make it would still be shit

>only knowing craig from hot tub time machine
you need to start watching more than just bad flicks famalamadingdong

In the Sony emails Paul Feig was boasting his ideas for the movie would gross 100 BILLION. Why are Jews so out of touch?

With it's $150 million budget, and limited asian release, this movie will need to have unbelievable box office numbers to justify the sequels/spinoffs that Sony wanted to make.

It would essentially have to have Bridesmaids numbers to be considered successful, and that movie only cost $32 million to make. Plus, it was actually a quality movie and not some middle-of-the-road generic summer CGI-fest posing as a feminist think piece

>he didnt watch the office

So the film is a hit, right?

I first read your post as
>you need to start watching more bad flicks famalamadingdong
and agreed with the sentiment

REMINDER

>As opening day approaches, Feig can’t help but think about the stakes of making a $150 million movie. “A movie like this has to at least get to like $500 million worldwide, and that’s probably low,” he says. “But the thing I care about most is the industry looking for an excuse to say, ‘See, a tentpole can’t be carried by female leads’” — three of whom are over 40. “I cashed in all my chips,” he says. “I had to use every chip to make this happen. And if this doesn’t work, I will probably have to go back to movie jail.”

>Jim varney will never get slimed look at the camera and go ewwwwewewew

False dichotomy. The actual choice is that no Ghostbusters made today would be good, regardless of cast. But if I had to pick a black actor for this movie, I'd get one way less Reddit.

Case and point.

>Current year
>Not liking a pandering PC movie regardless of how shitty it is, so as to prove how tolerant you are
Shame

rip

>spending money on ballbusters
nah, I just watched Ghostbusters and II on amc tonight

How is that a success? It needs 400+ million to break even, without China that's gonna be pretty fucking hard.

>if I had to pick a black actor for this movie
That was what the post you replied to asked for, not your answer inorder to evade the fact that you cannot provide a better black comedic actor with an active career.

You're thinking of Patrice O'Neal and FUCK he would have been amazing in it.

So just so we're clear, everyone spouting this "China" meme is pro-censorship, correct?

This. If it makes 40 million in its opening weekend it'll make Less than 10 million next weekend up against Star Trek, then practically nothing in the weeks after that. They'll be lucky to even make it to 100 million.

really

As long as the censorship is strictly of feminist material, yes.

What if Ghostbusters got BLACKED?
>Tracy Morgan
>Dave Chappelle
>Chris Rock
>The Rock
>Steve Harvey as the mayor
>Maya Rudolph as the secretary
>Zoe Saldana as the love interest
>Samuel L. Jackson as the bad guy

It's just nice to see sjw get their shit stomped on for once. Since they're constantly crying for censorship. I would care if it happened here but it's China

Hannibal would fit a role if he played it dry like Ernie Hudson

Is this how blacked is marketing here now?

I'd watch that.

t. the Leader of Gamergate

>Zoe Saldana
>BLACKED
You're doing it wrong user.

>>What kinda numbers would a "Real" Ghostbusters movie have made?
The tracking was $75-80 million about 8 months ago so around that

They marketed this movie as the Passion of the Christ for Feminism and That's fucking stupid.

No, but if you are going to make a movie simply as a Chinese cash grab (Transformers 4, Warcraft) then just release it in China and not the US. Obviously that would never happen, but it would save us from having to watch promos and trailers for cynical bullshit.

Also, it sucks when a movie should tank and the viewers over there prop up the box office numbers and inspire sequels for this pathetic shlock

sure, feminists are pro censorship when it's not censoring them, people are democratic unless the people choose something they don't want it's all a fucking illusion.

If it was an actual sequel and not a reboot with the old actors reprising their roles, you better believe it would've been the biggest movie of the summer.

Is that an insult?

Reminder that Feig himself said anything under $500M worldwide was a failure

Rather than a black actor, it should be the dad from Fresh Off The Boat.

That's racist user. We need diversity in modern cinema.

Was that before or after they lost all control over marketing and promotion?

Could you imagine the reaction on this board if she did an interracial scene?

I'd buy stock in bleach, because the Sup Forumstards would be drinking it by the gallon

>Papa John
>Progressive
Pick one you retarded waste of fetal matter.

huh?

>Sup Forumstards would be drinking it by the gallon
pol doesn't support waifuism. It would be autistic weeb shitposters drinking that bleach user.

45/3millions=15 million every night for a weekend (Friday-Sunday night)

>[4.5x10^6-3.5x10^5]/2=$22.325.000 they need to make each night from now on

3.5/22.325=6.38 times they need to earn in order to be a success on any level

Do you see that happening?
Is my math right?

They'll probably cook the books and say it includes DVD and all food and merchandise sales.

And you're the one here talking about race. I bet you think you're better than they are too.

>The actual choice is that no Ghostbusters made today would be good, regardless of cast

Not as long as Paul Feig was at the helm, no

tell that to the taylor swift cucks over there

I like it guys all races swapped. Ghost Busters: Soul. All whites are black and all blacks are white! The subway guy will be a racist redneck. Jungle lovin' awww hell nah everywhere.

After

>A movie like this has to at least get to like $500 million worldwide, and that’s probably low
>But the thing I care about most is the industry looking for an excuse to say, ‘See, a tentpole can’t be carried by female leads’.I cashed in all my chips, I had to use every chip to make this happen. And if this doesn’t work, I will probably have to go back to movie jail.

Thats sexist math, you need math from a feminist perspective.

>I cashed in all my chips
>I put sonys money on the line

He didn't really gamble all that hard.

$3.5m is just the Thursday haul
We wont know Friday until around 10:30 Eastern

just saw craig robinson on mr robot the other night.

is it me or did he gain a lot of weight?

He gambled his credibility and his progressive ideology.

It'll be really hard for any studio to trust him with over $100m after this and they'll look to GhostBusters and use it as an example when they say "audiences don't like movies with primarily female leads"

Is Tracy Morgan not retarded and halted yet?
I'd watch that

No one will fucking hire him after this.

Thread just got good

Well it is a success. Not every movie has to break a record.

>break even
ftfy

Post your face when you realize Warcraft did better than this

It does have to make a profit.

Which it hasn't yet.

It's a beloved movie with a new installment. Of course it's talked about aspie.

>having this attitude with a pg summer blockbuster

It's the only reason movies like this exist

>$3.5 million first night

First night
CW: $72M (Ended up making 1.3B)
BvS: $82M (Ended up making 800M)

So a optmistic forecast is about $70M???

Oh, I get it now. You think that since movies exist to make money, and fat neckbeards buy the most tickets, that all movies should pander to fat neckbeards. And when it doesn't, it bursts a logic circuit in your brain. Can't tell if cynical or just autistic.

I know I'm better, because I like to laugh at buttmad fedoras and their race war shit.

I honestly think the version of Ghostbusters would be better than the half-ass shlock Feig is serving up. If that makes me the bad guy, then so be it

For the investors yes. Movies are a fucking business you goddamn idiot.

$144 million budget.

That's a big straw man you created. How did I say anything about pandering? Or specifically to neckbearss. Retard.

>you think that since movies exist to make money, they should actually make money and not lose it, regardless of their target market
fixed that for you, my redditor friend

Noooo who spanked Joey's butt that was MY butt to spank!

>redditor

Is that supposed to be some sort of call-out? I obviously came here because users on Reddit said this is the place to talk about this kind of stuff. And looking at this thread, they were right.

WATCH MY MOVIE FOUR CHANS
YOU'RE NOT A HATER ARE YOU?

>kotaku

are they still gonna be around when gawker gets its balls sued off?