youtube.com/watch?v=naEyCnXOpJA
youtube.com/watch?v=T-YfkTu82B0
youtube.com/watch?v=bKCBhEpXTPc
youtube.com/watch?v=eYjyaEABkt0
youtube.com/watch?v=HAwO9UP-iEM
youtube.com/watch?v=CDALaNA4MZo
youtube.com/watch?v=jclkK12oWGM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What do you think of her recent work with james merry and her vr shit?

her recent virtual reality video for notget was great. visuals were beautiful and was overall mostly better than her first, the only thing is that it didn't impact me as much as stonemilker did emotion-wise y'know. i guess it really depends on the song, and also maybe the fact that notget isn't released in full vr yet. wasn't a big fan of the whole virtual reality thing at first but seeing notget made me much more open to it and is definitely making me look forward to the whole vr album being released.

james merry's headpieces fits this era of björk quite nicely. i imagine it'd be very hard to sing about personal songs that are literally about your marriage and family falling apart in front of a live audience so the masks would do a good job in hiding her possible tears (she has sound very tearful in her recent performances). of course, i have much respect for merry and the beautifully crafted headpieces and other embroideries he has created.

also for the folks who haven't seen the notget vr video yet:
youtube.com/watch?v=pJDcwXQc5CU

I just found out today she has a lot of great b-sides that I'm listening to for the first time

do you have any favorites so far? admittedly i haven't listened to a lot of her b-sides, but i love charlene and karvel

youtube.com/watch?v=H_nbCgW0JIo

youtube.com/watch?v=naEyCnXOpJA

youtube.com/watch?v=T-YfkTu82B0

youtube.com/watch?v=bKCBhEpXTPc

youtube.com/watch?v=eYjyaEABkt0

My favorite five

somehow hadn't listened to amphibian until now, but holy shit, that was great.
i love so broken. i wish she did more songs with guitar instrumentals, though she hates guitars and how overused they are, so who knows if we'll ever get another song like it in the future. and of course generous palmstroke is great. pretty neutral towards sweet intuition though.
good taste user!

she def should use more guitars in her music

youtube.com/watch?v=HAwO9UP-iEM

saw vr expedition Reykjavik when i was visiting. was my first time ever using vr other than cardboard so was a pretty cool experience. they split it up into 3 sections with differing levels of VR, starting you off in a dark room with everyone else and played black lake on two wide panels opposite each other, not really VR but the soundsystem was pretty good. then took you to next bit where they played some songs on some really shit headset, the quality was really bad and im guessing it was just cardboard? the videos were the same as the 360 ones on youtube so nothing you wont have seen before although being surrounded by tonsils in mouth mantra was pretty fucked up.
the next bit was by far the most interesting, they took you downstairs and hooked you up to the htc vive which were way better, you could also sort of move around and see things from different angles. for notget they gave you those weird ass paddle things and you could draw swirls in the air which was pretty cool, they put me in the room with the server computer though and i ended up smacking the keyboard and pretty sure i fucked up the guy next to mes headset.

tl;dr would recommend it for sure but still think weve a bit to go before she makes something properly amazing, drawing swirly patterns is cool and all but bit gimmicky atm

Nice feet

it seems that björk's most disliked albums are usually biophilia and volta. what do you guys think their biggest flaws are as albums? what do you like most about them, even if it's a very small quality?

i never knew she had cute egyptian feet

nice

I love Biophilia, but Volta is genuinely just not good. I mean, it's not terrible but compared to her other work it's just so meh.

slow night, i guess

>Is this a Final Fantasy summon
kek

convinced 'an echo, a stain' is a spooky spell

miss my björkfriends! guess i just have to wait till the new album comes out till we get actual discussion

i'd like to "listen" to her "b-sides" if you know what i mean.

I don't know what you mean, please elaborate.

i am the biggest björk fan on Sup Forums

fatty

we can be biggest fans...together

goodnight, /björk/. hopefully this thread is still alive by the time i wake up, but if not, at least decent discussion was made.
hope everyone gets a good nights sleep!

don't go to bed

lets talk about bjork

why is vespertine such a gorgeous masterpiece? why is harm of will so underappreciated?

do you think she likes sulphur?

ricardo?

You guys oughta watch this, it's the best thing I have ever seen

youtube.com/watch?v=CDALaNA4MZo

thanks for reminding me this existed, probably one of my most favorite clips of her. i love how she fumbles a bit over her words and pauses a lot. incredibly adorable.

cute

youtube.com/watch?v=jclkK12oWGM
One of the best covers ever ever