youtu.be/5hDs6mCVAKs?t=2m30s
youtube.com/watch?v=xxOUufcBzLY
youtube.com/watch?v=mTO_OC0-5qI
youtu.be/k6b_3WC7Uok
youtu.be/ZXD9sxa1Edo
ultimateclassicrock.com/cliff-burton-metallica-songs/
traineddog.club
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Gonna throw a punk bassist in. Roger Lima of Less than Jake. He's fuckin fast and his lines are way more complicated than they have to be.

Fuck yeah

robert trujillo is crazy fast too
just as good as cliff if not better imo

Mark sandman of Morphine. Claypool himself is a fan and called it out at shows.

John Myung, Dream Theater bassist, check out "Panic Attack" from the album Octavarium

Geddy Lee Rush

Are you fucking stupid

My guy

Bass will never be the same

scott reeder/nick oliveri 11/10

Victor Wooten

/thread

>playing with a pick

fucking faggot

Morphine was the best live show. Sandman was awesome to watch. got to see them over a dozen times, each show was great. Not sure if 3-string slide bass is remotely as technical as some of these guys can play, but fantastic showman, great tunes. real loss.

second. Victor Wooten hands down. watched him once transition from The Nutcracker Suite into the theme song from Giligans Island while playing two basses simultaneously.

Roger Waters Pink Floyd

meh for a different sound its nice (punk and metal)
I like playing with fingers tho

Yeah he was before my time. I'm 31 now and only looked em up cuz Claypool plugged them. Morphine is all feeling (makes sense Haha) technical prowess be dammed cuz it all sounds great. Cure for pain is incredible.

James Mattis.
Sec of Def

ehhh yeah I remember playing that song on rock band a billion years ago, it was fun, but Jesus is that song stupid self indulgence, fucking seven minutes of the dumbest lyrics. its literally just a medical description of an actual panic attack. we get it writer and lead singer of dream theater, you had panic attacks as a kid or something, dealing with adversity via music blah blah.

youtu.be/5hDs6mCVAKs?t=2m30s

SCRRRECH those are the 'hey this is a fun song' trains breaks hover heating from all the shit on the track.

Isn't he the singer for Pantera?

used to be, you got fired for being a drunk, now he is in megadeth.

this guy

>not posting Alex Webster
Truly shows how shitty you bassists are

What about Jean-Yves Thériault from Voivod.. I think he did alot for metal

Cure for pain is such a great album. Check out Soul Coughing too if you like Morphine. Different for sure, but really solid and goes great with Morphine

Miller is da man.

I was actually just kidding.

Pnut

>/thread

Such a self-centered thing to say.

"My post is so definitive that no one else need bother posting anything further. The thread is over."

That said, Mr. Wooten *is* a damn talented bass player.

We just didn't need the "/thread".

:-)

A man cuts in half just like he snaps a pencil.

well a lot of bass players think finger is the one and only technique so..

Geezer Butler, Chris Squire, Geddy Lee, Flea, and the master of all, Les Claypool.

Haha 311 is the shit. They're not really a GOOD band but they nor I really give a shit. When I say they're not good I just mean nobody is gonna claim their guitarist or bassist are the best ever but I do dig the 311 sound.

they're both really really good, and the drummer is fucking world class

Thats were your wrong kiddo

Al Cisneros

You should check out the recording of DOG FOOD by Mondo Generator with Dave Grohl and of course Oliveri

ICS wes much better in Borknagar than Dimmu Borgir

Overrated as fuck.

>...b b b b but he solo'd

He literally contributed NOTHING to any of the songs aside from 'for whom the bell tolls' I mean fucking shit godamn gimme an octave or a fill fuck

They are all good but Labex is the man

youtube.com/watch?v=xxOUufcBzLY

Fucking love Asbestosdeath.

Dwarves, Queens of the Stone Age, Mondo Generator, kyuss, River City Rapists etc.

You bait'n?

Heck yes, my negros!

a challenger appears
youtube.com/watch?v=mTO_OC0-5qI

not really, but recognized for mentioning voivod.

Stinson from the Replacements was fucking amazing

youtu.be/k6b_3WC7Uok

youtu.be/ZXD9sxa1Edo

Dig "Sorry ma, Hootenany, Let It Be, Tim etc..."

No, if you know anything about music which clearly ya don't know fuck all bout music

This guy

F ;-;

Too many knobs and switches on that bass!

I think Trujillo is the most technically proficient bassist they've had. Obviously, Cliff was a supremely more gifted songwriter though. Jason fit the band the best in my opinion as far as personality and stage presence. What I'm trying to say is METALLICA IS WHITE DAMN IT!

Phil Lesh 10/10.

Will add Jack Bruce 'cause I don't think I saw him yet.

Haha shut the fuck up retard you don't know shit. You're entitled to your opinion of his playing but to say he contributed nothing to Metallica just shows what a mouth breathing fucking retard you are. He wrote a lot of the more melodic parts in the first three albums. Do yourself a favor next time you want to be a special snowflake about your musical taste do a little research before you start talking.

Is Chicago? is not chicago

I used to follow M. Doughty's blog (a LONG LONG time ago) and he explained the meaning behind that song. pretty funny stuff

How the fuck are you guys leaving out

And he wrote some part on To Live is to die in justice for all

ultimateclassicrock.com/cliff-burton-metallica-songs/

there you go musical genius.

Merle Allin

Derek Smalls!

I didn't know the Dad from Family Ties played Bass...

this guy looks like a serial killer, why does every rock guy look like they just got out of prison

Who dat?

Geezer Butler Metal Godfather

Roy Estrada

Don't forget Mr. Fabulous!

You actually made me laugh.

Sad Story, I had tickets to see The Who in Irvine, the 1st time I had a chance to see them, and damn John ODed in Vegas a few days before. Never got to see them.

One pill makes you smarter....

He fuckwad read the thread, He's already been mentioned

Newsted was there for the second best of Metallica. Cliff was there for the first. Too bad they fell off when he joined.

Ohh man that sucks... fortunately saw them twice before he tipped over.. Sad

Something about the sound of a full bass should be respected too.

agreed

You can't not at least respect BNL they're just good down home canadian boys I tells ya.

Careful what you post, trumps presidency is hammering the internet traineddog.club

I would have paid anything to see them with Moon!! My favorite drummer of all time!!

Indeed...which made me think of this guy... another one gone too soon

You're right, I stopped listening to Primus a long time ago and didn't recognize him older. I should have recognized the bass tho.

Also, suck a fucking dick faggot.

RIP

This. Just no threading your own thread newfagjr

Speaking of stopping listening to primus I kind of stopped when they got too slow and psychedelic. I miss the chunky primus sound like on suck on this to anti pop. Still love em but I wish hed go apeshit on the bass again.

Well since you've clearly drained all the balls in this thread with you faggotry top skill dick sucking, ok.

Michael "flea" Balzary from the red hot chili peppers, the only one other than Anthony that has been their since they first made the band in high school.