Are you cool, Sup Forums

Are you cool, Sup Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TD8NopNRTeo
youtube.com/watch?v=fJ9rUzIMcZQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>This study was financed by Fueled By Ramen LLC

>read our website and give us views because these manufactured groups define your identity

this is your brain on capitalism. what the fuck is wrong with americans and brits

But I thought these bands weren't cool

youtube.com/watch?v=TD8NopNRTeo

wtf is this

I only listen to 21P ironically.

Yeah because this is definitely only an Anglo thing

LOL

It's definitely an Anglo thing

Outrage culture is rooted in British tradition and dumbed down consumerism is literally the most American ideology of all time

>they all look like faggots
>they all make faggoty music
>cool
what has this world come to?

youtube.com/watch?v=fJ9rUzIMcZQ

It says that music that make you feel is cool, Red House Painters and Sufjan are cool now

I'm sure you listen to the most heterosexual music, user.

I wonder who is behind pushing these values on the masses?

Don't forget:
>My opinion is somehow valued more than a random person on the street, because I wrote an article online

They're not cool. What the fuck kind of shitty study was this? Funded by their record label, on 9gag or some shit?

These three aren't "cool" in the mainstream sense - like drake, future, or other big artists right now. They're not "cool" in the normie-alt world - mac demaroc, anco, tame impala. They're not "cool" in the autist realm, death grips, sun city girls, whatever else. What the fuck kind of cool is this shit talking about

They're American bands, and you must be mistaken as there aren't any British bands anymore, everyone is forced to work there for nothing so there's no time to actually live a little or start bands and shit. Nobody can afford it or has the time anymore. It's so good for British culture!

>15 year old girl core is cool now
Who would have guessed it?

>rocksound.tv

do you just spend your entire day looking up shitty, irrelevant, literally who websites that spout bullshit just to make yourself feel superior over it?

kill yourself ironically

It's the 21st century, coolness is so 20th century.

Did you know that being uncool is the new cool? So no.

I would literally rather read the bible to gain accurate information about the world than social science articles from clickbait sites like that, OP

>These three aren't "cool" in the mainstream sense
but they are
>hey're not "cool" in the normie-alt world
but they totally are

Listening to 21 pilots ironically is still listening to 21 pilots

which means it's still cool

only according to the people that like them, almost insufferably, i told some fat chick bring me the horizon was bad and she hit me over the head with an organiser covered in tumblr-core stickers and told me to get fucked and i have shit taste in music

Checked

>cool

well, i hope so since i'm in 9th grade and that kind of thing is really important to me

>only according to the people that like them
applies to most things because coolness is almost just as subjective, and the two are interlocked, obviously
i dont care for your wacky anecdotes and i have a feeling you omit some details about how much of an ass you were, or worse yet you didnt even realize

i think that people who listen to free jazz and classical have incredible taste but do not listen to it myself. i think that people who attend theatre and indulge in the western canon of literature have incredible taste, but dont read too much into that. do you see where im going with this?

also i didnt omit any important details, i can write a whole paragraph about it including all of the little things if u need that kind of validation though. but how i said it is mostly how it is, and im friends with the girl if u needed to know that

>because coolness is almost just as subjective
It isn't almost, it IS objectively subjective and this "study" is a faux news, while OP is a moronic b8r.

"good taste" is a totally different entity from "coolness"
but alright, let's have it your way. you're saying personally you're in a neutral position towards the western canon or the classical tradition, so let's assume i hold the position that people who indulge in those are pretentious, pseudointellectual, stick up their ass bourgies, the works within it are dusty and irrelevant outside of ivory tower academic white male culture (or something like that), the same way you dont think highly of fueled by ramen-core and its fans. so in my mind it's undesirable to be that type of person, and it's not "objectively cool" or anything

theres a vast difference, think of the juxtaposition between references, previous training and innovation included in pieces such as GY!BE's LYSF compared to twenty one pilot's "heathens", theyre both rock yes? i can understand there is no such thing as objectively good but there is such a thing as objectively bad, and as a music student myself i can tell you that BMTH and 21p are bordering negative objectivity.

also when fans consist of mostly 16 year old girls with fake dad issues it speaks for itself that their opinions can't be compared to that of the educated elite (not psuedo if they actually are educated)

>"good taste" is a totally different entity from "coolness"
desu that would prolly contradict my own argument
tfw playing devils advocate so hard i make a 360 in 3 posts lul

>can understand there is no such thing as objectively good but there is such a thing as objectively bad
no, that doesnt make any sense, you cant have one without the other
also the argument was about whether they're cool to like or not, not whether they're great musicians
and i'm a music student too and guess what, about half of my peers cream themselves over TOP

Why does on need to exist for the other to? If a bottomless pit still has a start it can also not have an end. but anyway why are you defending this stuff?

I really like a good handful of Fall Out Boy songs and wouldn't object to listening to them again desu idk about the other guys so I guess I;m a little bit cool

>you cant have one without the other
Yes you can.

"not bad" is another way of saying "good"
i'm defending it because it is defensible, i.e. because i can lul

No it isn't. Not bad is exactly that, not bad. That doesn't equate to good in any sense. Honestly m8 your b8 is stale. Either lurk for a few weeks more or go back to w/e site you crawled over from.

I've actually been here for longer than is healthy
truth is ive come to hate the mindless Sup Forums hivemind so goddamn much is probably why i'm eager to defend whatever it turns against, if you begin to understand how it works you'll probably end up the same. chanspeak is stupid, user posting is stupid, the site's whole attitude is toxic, i hate it so much that i'm starting to use tumblr terminology like "toxic" just to piss people off but i just can't leave

thats cute