Finding similar music to listen to

Good day Sup Forums. I don't browse here often, so sorry if I should've done something different with this thread. I've been listening to The Antlers' Hospice album again, and I get captured very easily by how haunting it is, how the words mix well with the music and give you a raw emotional feeling that seems to convey what the author is going through in the album.

It's very rare for me to appreciate music to this level, although I tend to listen to all kind of songs and appreciate most of them. So it would make me very happy if you guys could help me in finding something that gives a similar effect, whether of the same genre/style or different from Hospice. It would also be nice to find a thematical (facultative) album which deals with the opposite of Sylvia: reassurement, comfort, good words against sadness, supporting a friend/family, and so on. Thank you in advance and sorry if it seems like a silly request.

tl:dr

Summarize it or we won't help you

read the title

Well their (or his rather) earlier albums are quite similar.
Otherwise, Bright Eyes.
It's not really that similar, but it gives me the same set of feels.

Latest Mount Eerie album if you havent heard it yet for some reason

Sorry, am a bit out of myself today, but basically what said.

Thank you very much, will listen to both in a bit.

This album here was an album I discovered around the same time I discovered The Antlers so that might be why I feel this has a similar feel to it or whatever. Either way you oughta check out the song 2AM by Thee More Shallows (it's from the album).

But yeah I've also been trying to find an album that captures such a wide array of emotions and that really keeps it thematical as well. Perhaps The Glow Pt. 2 by The Microphones would work?

Holy shit dude. Thank you.

I'm the guy that recommended Bright Eyes. This is amazing.

>The Glow Pt. 2 by The Microphones
Thank you, this seems fairly good about the feelings of breaking up/detaching yourself from someone you love. Do you think there is anything that could be similar but related to comforting someone else that had a loss?

The Weakerthans - Reconstruction Site

That's a tough one. Maybe check out the album Lightness by Peter and the Wolf. The title track is also a good way to sort of get a feel for the album.

But if we're speaking loss I also recommend Pedro the Lion's album Control. That album was the last album David Bazan (Pedro the Lion) made as a Christian so really, in a way, it's about the loss of faith. A pretty interesting and emotionally gripping album to say the least.

Thank you very much for your suggestions. I must say that you're right, it's pretty interesting and emotionally gripping, though I fear it would make the person I want to help more depressed at the moment.

I'll make a small list for myself so I have a better outlook of what to listen to and share some others I found around while looking:

Control (2002) -Pedro The Lion
Lightness (2006) - Peter and the Wolf
Reconstruction Site (2003) - The Weakerthans
On Avery Island (1996) - NMH
In the Aeroplane Over the Sea (1998) - NMH
Electro-Shock Blues (1998) - EELS
Benji (2014) - Sun Kil Moon
A Crow Looked at Me (2017) - Mount Eerie
Bloodflowers (2000) - The Cure
Disintegration (1989) - The Cure
For Emma, Forever Ago (2008) - Bon Iver
Not to Disappear (2016) - Daughter
Knives Don't Have Your Back (2006) - Emily Haines & the soft skeletons

mentioning another one from Daughter because I remembered just now that I did listen beforehand to the group:

"If You Leave" (2013)

Also adding
William Fitzsimmons - the sparrow and the crow
It's a Wonderful Life (2001) - Sparklehorse

Sparklehorse is great. Again, this is pretty depressing music but with a slightly positive outlook. Just the title It's a Wonderful Life is a bit tongue in cheek. I suggest checking out Dreamt for Light Years in the Belly of a Mountain as well. Sparklehorse really does no wrong.

Thank you, I will check it for sure.

Adding Stage Four (2016) - Touché Amoré to the list.

Sufjan Stevens - Carrie and Lowell makes me hurt

Thank you, had listened to it earlier, and was kind of surprised to see how raw some texts are from the albums mentioned so far.

My only problem is that very few contain words of encouragement and support compared to the rest of the text. I just think in some cases that merely making someone think of the problem/bad situation/giving sadness won't cheer up someone as much as talking about the problems, their feelings and giving encouragement would. Songs can be powerful when used this way.

Bumping to check for new suggestions

Vulnicura by Bjork chronicles her splitting with her longtime partner. It gets pretty dark in the middle but it also includes the healing process

pic related is pretty good, not necessarily haunting but I have a few friends who have problems with drugs and they say they love the album

wow Sup Forums being helpful this week, what a time to be alive.
check pic related OP, not quite the same genre or sound-like, but might hit you with similar feels

Thank you, will check it for sure

Will look through image search, thank you

I will thank you. And yeah, am glad that Sup Forums could help today. I appreciate it guys.