When the world tries to tell you Hook is not just a bad Spielberg movie, but a bad movie in general

>when the world tries to tell you Hook is not just a bad Spielberg movie, but a bad movie in general

Have the critics ever been THIS wrong?

Yes. The BFG. Saw it tonight based on Armond's positive review and it was one of the best movies I saw this year.

Oh shit, really?

Oh God, he gave THAT a positive review? That movie was the worst movie I'd seen come from Spielberg in a long while. Boring giant walking around his house with stupid fart jokes. That breakfast scene was so out of place.

Yeah, it's not perfect, but it's a really beautiful and magical experience that faggot kids of today can't appreciate, thus it's basically bombing at the box office.

John Carpenters The Thing

I'll agree it was a little out of place, I enjoyed it regardless. The table made of grandfather clocks, that big plate of eggs and toast, it was all so visually comfy.

You're a crook, Captain Hook

I love this movie, but I hate that it's become a Sup Forums meme. The contrarian in me wants to shit all over the film, but I can't, because I've liked it since before I ever even came to Sup Forums. I just want you guys to know that I hate you.

It is not a terrible movie by any means, but the people calling it great nowadays are speaking out of nostalgia.

> people calling it great nowadays are speaking out of nostalgia

You sound like a grown up. All grown ups are pirates! ...we kill pirates.

You watch The Thing.
>It ain't Fukes starts playin

I feel the exact same way. Another movie like that I feel the same about is Predator 2.

>"Well, you hang in there old timer."

ROO

>"Cheating bitch."

FEE

Well, I do have an illegaly downloaded copy of the movie, does that make me a pirate?

Hoffman and Hoskins were the only good things about this movie.

Can we have a The Thing thread?

I don't think I've ever met a person who disliked Hook.

OH

Yeah...........sure.

TELL ME ABOUT PAN

WHY DOES HE WEAR THE SKIRT?

>Hook is great
>it really is! critics are WRONG
>lets quote dialogue instead of explaining why!

Every Hook thread

DON'T TRY TO STOP ME THIS TIME SMEE

>boo box

Pop quiz, hotshots: recast Hook for 2016.

Smee: genderswapped Melissa McCarthy

It's a great story of rediscovering your childhood innocence. Has some really fun scenes. Some great music. And really classic performances throughout. What more do you want us to say?

Idris Elba

Maimen: Lesley Jones

EVERY ROLE.

Glenn Close as Hook.

Steve Carell - Pan
Tim Roth - Hook
Tinkerbell- Anna Kendrick
Smee - Neil Maskell
Tootles - Jim Broadbent

Likewise. Even on repeated viewings with a cynical grown-ups eyes it still holds up.

Was it really critically panned or did it just not do well at the box office?

He athked!

I meant ALL FEMALE remake, shitlord

>Hook is a Somali pirate captain played by Idris Elba
I'd watch this

it was panned

film critics just weren't hooked

Replacing the neverland pirates with somalians sounds like such a Max Landis pitch

CARLOSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Hook is a classic. Easily the best family film ever. It was the blueprint for all modern adaptations. It would fit right at home between Maleficent and Jurassic World

But it got Close!

JUMPING JACKS ARE GOOD FOR YOU

NOW YOUR FACE IS TURNING BLUE

REACH ON DOWN AND TOUCH YOUR TOES!

HOW LONG SINCE YOU LOOKED AT THOSE?

It's the one film I watched as a kid that made me go: "That's the career I want".
Unfortunately, there is only one captain Hook.

>No stopping me this time, Smee. This is it.
>Don't make a move, Smee. Not a step.
>My finger's on the trigger. Don't try to stop me, Smee.
>This is it.
>Don't try to stop me this time, Smee. Don't try to stop me this time, Smee.
>Don't you dare try to stop me this time, Smee. Try to stop me.
>Smee, you better get off your ass. Get over here!
>Stop me!
>This is not a joke! I'm committing suicide!