Former KFC cook here

Former KFC cook here.

AMA you want to know about your favourite fried chicken.

>KFC cook
>cook

That's how the job was called but yeah, I basically only prepared and fried chicken.

is it really made of chicken? or is it pork or ??

How long was the longest finished chicken would sit around. Like, do they reheat it the next day or double fry it or some shit.

recipe now

It's made of real fresh whole chicken. Every day in the morning came the lorry from poultry farm

Ever seen anything disgusting going going on, like using old food, or dropping random shit in the fryer?

Also, any interesting reason for "former" cook?

You should learn the difference between cook and chef

In our restaurant the boss really sticked to rules and watched the time. The longest were some chicken breasts which belong to sandwiches and those were IIRC 2 hours and then straight to the bin. No refrying, no eating. I, as a cook, had to plan how much chicken will I fry so there will be as less surplus as possible.

Spicy chicken:
Marinate it in the lots of spicy chicken marinade for an hour with icecubes, let it sit in a fridge for a day, then double bread it in flour and water, flour and water (flour mixed with other spices again, like lotsa chilli and garlic), deep fry for few minutes.
What you really need is very spicy marinade and putting the spice in the flour as well. I don't have an exact recipe on those but I tried to fake it once at home and it went rather OK. Just lots of chilli.

Really disgusting on purpose, no. But there's that normal itchen filth that sticks around busy kitchens everywhere probably. Mainly at the friers, the oil isn't really a pleasant thing you know.

>Also, any interesting reason for "former" cook?
Low wage for all the stuff you did there. Also I totally despised the company culture of fake smiles and absolutely pathetic bonuses.
I can't even manage to go to take a piss and then the boss bosses me around that I won't get a "good employee button" to my board...10 buttons and you had a fucking sandwich for free. Seriously, pathetic, slavery.

Do you recommend the tendies?

Did you ever have gang wars with Popeyes?

OP actually delivered

we don't have popeyes in this country
but the employees of other fast food chains at the same mall were bros, we all hated our jobs

Yep, those are actually usually the freshest from the best meat. However I think it's a huge ripof for the price they sell them. It's barely a quarter of a half chicken breast steak.

How did you defend yourself from all the niggas?

I did not have to deal with customers as a cook.

bumperino

trips of niggertry.

i really feel like a 3 piece meal right now

£5 well spent.

was your kfc haunted Op?

What are the secret herbs and spices?

it was a spooky place but I never felt unsafe because I never was there alone :---)

tell us why it was spooky

No idea, it all comes in packages already mixed.
But the spicy chicken, not the original recipe, is pretty easy to fake...just loads of chilli and pepper and some garlic. You have to marinade the chicken really well and then also put the spices in the flour.

OP is actually KFC and hoping a bunch of us will go to KFC today. Everything he has said is fucking bullshit.

fluorescent tubes are always spooky

got me there man. what if aliens wanted that chiken.

you ain't got no proofs for that

Trips for trips girl!

Nudes of trips girl!!

my boss sure looked like a gay aylium

So i was under the impression kfc was done in a pressure cooker not a deep fryer.

Can you shed some light on how it all works?

Trips girl nudes

>your favourite fried chicken.

Who the fuck is Lorry?

>favourite fried chicken

the deep pressure frier (not a cooker) is only for the original recipe chicken which is also IMHO the best (in terms of quality) you can get in KFC, but lotsa people actually prefer spicy chicken tendies or hot wings which are IMHO absolute shit and those are made in open deep friers.

A truck faggot.

Not OP, but I used to work there too.
Yes, the original recipe is cooked in oil under pressure. You drop the cage of parts into the fryer are seal the lid. The is a valve that needs to be pressed to release the pressure when done.

My worst memory was accidentally a dry mop head off the wall and when it hit the floor there was a swarm of cockroaches ugh. Also, one time, a roach was accidentally in a customer's biscuit.

The cole slaw is made in a 30 gallon trash can. You reach in there with your hands, up to your elbows and beyond to mix it up.

The "gravy" is made from the burnt flour at the bottom of the fryers, a season packet and hot water.

The worst part of the job is breaking down the cases of chicken off the truck. Those things are frozen solid but you gotta tuck the wing and pull the fat off etc.

The chicken piece called the "keel" is basically the chicken's anus and surround ass tissue.

>frozen chicken

we prepared only fresh at my job

When it comes off the delivery truck it was frozen where I worked. We had to go through the bags of parts and tuck all the wings and pull the knob of fat off the breasts. Fingers got numb and raw after a while from the icy chicken parts.

massholefag here.

yuck

what I hated about my job the most was the changing of the oil in friers. We had like no safety gloves or something and the container was ll full of boiling oil, greasy, with no handles. And I hold it only with two pieces of rag in my hands.
Of course I got burnt several times.

same. kfc will never be as good as Popeyes. kfc is too salty.

bamp