Where is the best place to live in the USA for a musician?

Where is the best place to live in the USA for a musician?

helena montana

Chicago

Moscow

New Orleans has a very interesting and diverse scene at the moment.

LA

not positive, but a major city at least

Ohio

A homeless shelter

This. Whole bunch of scenes with a unique culture. Would really like to go there for a while.

one of paul mccartney's houses

Cleveland and Columbus have decent scenes but there's not really a good chance at breaking out on a national level

Seattle and LA are known for the music scene, but that's where everyone goes hoping to make it as a musician, so I'd say you have more luck going somewhere that's not popular currently in hope that it becomes so in the future.
personally I think Salt Lake is a good bet at the moment, someone screencap this post

>but that's where everyone goes hoping to make it as a musician, so I'd say you have more luck going somewhere that's not popular currently in hope that it becomes so in the future.

no. you go where the good people are so you learn from them

This is probably the best answer if you're interested in getting into Electronic, Rock, or Hip Hop. There is a blossoming underground scene for each and I feel like the people there are more down to earth artists than on the west coast or in NYC. If youre looking to get into Country, Jazz, Experimental, or Folk, you best look elsewhere.

Carrboro/Chapel Hill, NC.

I don't know about best but worst is New England, there's fuck all

>the berklee scene
>the new weird portland scene
>the west mass rock scene
>the green mountain folk scene

E X P L A I N Y O U R S E L F

>Berklee
>BC at berklee
>young hipsters who want to listen to jazz and neo-soul
>bands of both of those genres are pumped out of berklee like an irish whore pumps babies

u fokin wot?

Pennsylvania

Seattle