Which engineering field is best...

Which engineering field is best? Ideally I'd do aerospace but the job market is kind of shit so I might do mech or electrical instead.

Electrical and computer

fuck is up with that dude's leg?

Electrical engineer here we are the best.

shitty tattoo removal

Bro I've looked at biomedical engineering, bioengineering, nano engineering etc

Here's some pussy to bump cunts

easily mechanical

Photonics engineer here

Pretty awesome field of study if you are interested in the study of the wavelength spectrum and optical applications

starting median salary is about $25

Software Engineering student here. From my understanding this is the best field. (Hence why I went into it)

Why?

It seems like the most versatile but it seems kind of boring. What do mech e's even do?

nigga how tf you survive on 25$ a month

Knew a cunt who wanted to do mechatronics for robotics and shit.
Maybe?

I'm a union electrician apprentice they will pay for my first two years at wentworth to study electrical engineering. I didn't know it was good I'm already guaranteed six figures not counting side work but was considering taking the classes if I could make my own electrical prints. What else can you do with electrical engineers?

Money and we can work and almost any engeniering area.

Social

Mechanical engineer here.

Chemical probably nets you the best potential salary. It is also one of the hardest. Mechanical probably gives you the most options. Going for something like aerospace is retarded because there is literally no job you can get with a BS in aerospace that you cannot get with a BS in mechanical. If you are seriously passionate about doing high-level aerospace engineering, get your BS in mechanical and then pursue a masters in aerospace.

Seriously.

Also FWIW, I made $85k my first year out of school as mechanical and I was the lowest paid out of everyone that I knew that graduated that semester. Located in Houston, went into oil/gas. Now in technology elsewhere and the money is the same but the job satisfaction is enormously higher.

Good luck. Let me know if you have any questions

What do they do? Literally anything and everything. At our current job, mechanical engineers even do the work that electrical engineers would typically be doing. Mechanical is such a broad spectrum of study that you can do whatever you fucking want

Electrical and environmental. You'll have a job anywhere in the world.

>environmental

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Don't laugh. I know three environmental engineers making 120k euros a year.

Do you actually think that is good money? Because that is good for a STARTING salary here in the US with a degree in mechanical/chemical/petroleum

Good enough for me. But then again, I don't need ALL the money in the world. I'm happy with my $144k plus incentives.

You're the one that brought up the money, not me.

the Aero job market only sucks if your a dumb fuck who cant find their war out of their ass

You're the one laughing at environmental engineering like it's a McDonald's job.

Yeah, aerospace really won't hire a C student with the talent pool they have.

Electrical/electronics is the most fun IMO

Plus you learn how to do all kinds of stupid shit for money and yourself.

You literally can't get bored ever again wth knowledge in electronics and a creative mind

I just have an associates in electrical engineering. I'm 23 and just got my w2. I made 51k this year just as a technician doing PLCs and basic wiring.

Hey I'm in the Houston area too. What you said about doing aero jobs with mechanical has been said to me many times, I guess it's true. If you don't mind, how does mech e factor into an oil/gas job?

Social engineering

biomedical. it's new and developing, and you could later become a patent attorney, which is in high demand, and make well into the six figures.

expect to have to change your career a little bit a couple times. it's the future.

25/hr you fucktard

Chemical Engineer. Can go anywhere do anything. Jack of all trades.

@ 4 ramen/1$, you could, in theory, do it, but you'll be malnourished as fuck and have no house.

I'm dumb as marbles, so have a laugh and go at me. I'm just gonna guess if "climate change" becomes threatening to humanity in a way we need to intervene, I'd imagine that field of study and the demand/pay for it is gonna go up.

I'm dumb as marbles, so what do I know. I even end my questions in periods instead of question marks.

This. I'm currently a mechE senior year student and it covers a very broad spectrum. Electrical engineering is the same. I suggest you pick either one and if you find other specialized engineering fields interesting, then consider getting a masters in one of them. Electrical or mechanical will leave you with the most versatility.

Real tech niggers study and make shit because it's their passion, not because of money.

We need mpre people like you

ADVICE ANYONE?!

I'm pretty sure I should go into EE because I want to work on computers, robotics, and maybe do some programing. But it's most important to me that I understand how to harness the flow of energy so what I design requires so little. I was told to major in CE, and another person told me that CE is just half Electrical and half computer science (and that's just programing), but that I could learn software engineering at home whereas the principles of electrical engineering needs to be learned in college. So basically, I think I should go with EE and just take free programming classes on my own, preferably real-time programing while learning what I can in college.

Any advice for me?

Where did I mention money? I said the job market was shit. More jobs = more choice= higher chance of finding job I enjoy

Mine Engineering

>no industrial engineering

tbh I'm not sure if that exists in most countries (I'm from Chile), or perhaps it has a different name in other places

What are the pros and cons of mechanical vs chemical engineering?

So what field is the highest paid? If I am going to go through several years in school, then I want to be paid well.

Materials engineering master race reporting in, we are more qualified to do the jobs they send ElecEs ChemEs and MechEs to do, super small but amazing and applicable, the future of science, all around cool shit. We can make good money, and its fun and rewarding. Its a good mix of a range of topics, a good blend of ChemE and MechE with some extra goodies thrown in.