GoldenEye

What went right?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/JmawMNkD-ZI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Everything.

I liked the whole cold war aftermath backdrop thing. Not quite as good once they reach Cuba

the music
tight plot
tighter girls

the n64 video game

Sean Bean
Russians
Nintendo 64
and of course pic related

discount Eva Green

top-notch Bond girls
fast-paced story that never drags
Sean Bean as Anti-Bond
unique (and underrated) musical score
perfect mix of campy Bond and serious Bond

Honestly the only flaw is that the idea of using a radio telescope to control a satellite is completely retarded, all Trevelyan needed was a computer

perfect 1995 sensibilities

right before the cultural downshift

first post best

M calling him a misogynist is a bit much, whoever wrote that line should have been fired. Iliked that Judi Dench was cast but that bit of dialogue almost ruins it and makes it painfully obvious that she only got the part because of nineties progressivism

Famke (top 3 Bond girl)
Bean
Tank chase
BMW Z3 (I know it's sacrilege, but I still like the car)
Scorupco

I really fucking love the movie. It came out at the perfect time for me (I was 15). Best Brosnan and Top 5 overall.

>perfect 1995 sensibilities

This. It actually showed that yes, Bond can in fact still work as a character even with the soviets gone.

I like the car too but Bond never even fucking uses it

>no one mentions Joe Don Baker

It was still set in the Cold War/post Cold War era. Everything after is le randum ebin villian.

that's a realistic thing for a stressed out woman in a leadership role who doesnt give a shit what she says anymore to say though

His character was kinda lame, dumbass redneck who comes off as a Country Sheriff instead of a CIA agent.

Makes no sense to me why they didn't just use Felix Leiter

w-why is she being so slutty with her neck?

Sparse use of spy-sci-fi elements, proper focus on real world (mostly) tech and political thriller aspects. Combine that with tasteful non-stop action and an all around cool cast and atmosphere. Also, no blacks

>Post-Cold War
>subtle jabs at 007 over the franchise ("007 was loyal to the mission never to his friends," "No glib remark? No pithy comeback?")
>006 as the villain
>GOAT OST

I love that Alec was the bad guy but he could have been Bond's arch nemesis for several films.

Don't talk shit about JW Pepper youtu.be/JmawMNkD-ZI

It's just a shame the other Brosnan movies sucked after such a amazing debut movie.

I loved Pepper in LALD, not so much in TMWTGG

Live and Let Die is so underrated, Kananga is a great villain and Solitaire is the best-looking Bond girl by a huge margin

Everything. One of my favorite bond films, definitely my favorite of the Brosnan ones. Also spawned an awesome N64 game .

Nah, recently rewatched all of them and both TND and TWINE are really good, especially the latter. It's only DAD that sucks, and even then it has a pretty good first half.

TWINE is the most underrated Bond film