Happy 40th Gerard Way!

Tonight Sup Forums wishes the singer, songwriter and comic book writer Gerard Way a happy birthday by sharing: why do you like Gerard Way? What made you interested in him and his work? Do you remember the first time you found about him?

Warning: this is not a meme, this is all real.

who is this old timer and why should i care

How could you not?

>MCR frontman is 40

Jesus FUCK

>2006 was 20 years ago

>The 10 year anniversary of TBP was last year

the real question is - why arent you still emo?

on the inside i'm more emo than ever

tons of underage in here

I remember thinking it was crazy around the time of The Black Parade that the frontman for this band only loved by emo teens was 30 years old

is that more or less than you expected

ten years later you'll think it's crazy that he's 50

ten years later you'll both be dead

>mfw when im 20 and only now discovered mcr

that was the point this whole time

WHEN I WAS

A LITTLE BITTY BABY
MY MAMA WOULD

touch my dinkie

MINE IS LIKE STICKING A BANANA BETWEEN TWO ORANGES

She said "Doctor, i think my child might be retarded"

thata rude, dude

>when Tumblr comes to Sup Forums to celebrate their "life changing" shit singer

I CHIME IN WITH A

naah just a stoned nanic fanboy. love ya user xo

HQVENT YOU HEARD
THAT IM THE NEW CANCER

Bruh.

This.
This describes everyday since I clipped my fringe.
X__X

Honestly I'm not even trying to troll I mean MCR is worse than the bedroom black metal I hear on soundcloud and that one time a friend of mine got me to listen to his mixtape I mean they really are awful

I loved Umbrella Academy back in the day...should I actually check out the Young Animal line of comics? I got pretty tired of the bullshit politics with comics and gave up on them years ago but maybe I should get back in

MCR hasn't been relevant in so many years, you have to be in your 20's to even be aware of them

>Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge was 13 years ago

Young Animal is pretty good so far. It's obvious Gerard is Grant Morrison's protege. It never feels like it's Morrison-lite though, just something different with an obvious Morrison influence. I think one character is gender-swapped but it doesn't seem like a Marvel "plz buzzfeed" type of thing because 1) it's a character nobody has ever cared about and 2) being a young woman is actually part of the narrative rather than it just being a girl who is cosplaying as Iron Man or Spider-Man.

The gender-swapped one was actually the one that has been occasionally catching my eye, since I was a huge fan of the 90's series (especially the Hotel Shade arc)...I meant I hated all the politics of garbage like cancelling stuff that was doing well and just throwing aside any good writing for the sake of promotions and tie-ins to media and getting those buzzfeed articles...Gerard Way is the one thing that makes me want to try these new things, just because I have some faith he actually wants something creative...but he also seems like the sort whose got a very specific style and all that's all he wants to promote, I also am pissed he never finished UA and that makes me think he is also the type to have a short attention span and abandon this all pretty quickly

40 huh time flies. Whether it's Sup Forumsapproved or not MCR were a pretty formative band for me growing up. Black Parade was one of those albums all of my friends got simultaneously and it had a big impact on us.

Still a great band and Gerad seems like a cool guy.

it's also my dad's birthday

I miss seeing scene kids and Hot Topic emos desu

I miss when there were more defined sub cultures

Everyone getting all their music from youtube has kind of messed that up. Defining yourself by one genre or style seems to be pretty unfashionable right now

I get why but eh

>I'm not related to Gerard Way, but I wish I was because he's a major fucking hottie.

Mine too and me and Gerard are actually the exact same age. I wonder what time he was born.

His album Resident Alien is actually some pretty good noise pop, I'd recommend it.

And the current Google banner or whatever it's called is about somebodys birthday today. Some old actress.