Hey guy's im trying to fix my gf's alternator (replace the bearings) before i start on her alternator i gave it a try...

Hey guy's im trying to fix my gf's alternator (replace the bearings) before i start on her alternator i gave it a try on a dead one i had laying around. But can not get these copperwire contact point to ceperate. Heat has no effect. Any one know how to remove the copper clampi thing? (The 2 greenish wire clamps sticking out of the plastic)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aVvPzwtxdrM.
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Before you spend tons of time trying to fix it have you looked at junkyards in your area for spares? They can be dirt cheap, especially the self service ones where you have to go find the parts and pull them from the cars yourself.

Row52.com is a database of junkyards. Put in your zipcode and make and model you are looking for and it will tell you if others are in the area.

Something like an alternator will probably be used in multiple models of the same brand, so there are probably lots more cars than just her model that use that type of alternator. If you do your research you can probably find lots of models that use that alternator. Most brands use the same engine in multiple cars.

I actually put in a junkyard one wich was fine for 1000km but starts making the same sounds as the old one. I recon all the junkyard ones are kinda the same age and mileage and replacing the bearings should be a cleap very high quality fix. My dad has all tools one could need but i do not understand how to ceperate the 2 alternator halfs.maybe i should start from the pulley side.

You might need a press or a special pulling tool to pull it apart. I've never taken one apart so I don't know.

But there are general tools made to pull stuff apart. I used to work in a scientific repair shop at my university and we would fix random science lab equipment. We had special tools like in my pic that can clamp on to just about anything. Then you use the screw part to push on one part of the thing you are working on while the other part pulls. It pulls things apart while keeping them perfectly aligned so you aren't getting things jammed by pulling one side more than the other.

honestly op ur wasting ur time, gonna spend more times then its worth. buy a alternater off a low mileage car

This

The one in the pic is a heap of junk,bin it and go to the scrap yard

Thats the city from lord of the rings.

Kano laboratories makes Areo Kroil beat shit ever it's 1,000,000 times smaller than a droplet of water. You can spray header nuts and come to work the next morning and they are laying in the floor....
Loosens Frozen Metal Parts!
An industry proven penetrating oil that has no equal. Quickly loosens
rusted nuts and bolts - frees frozen shafts, pulleys, etc. Penetrates to 1
millionth inch spaces, dissolves rust, lubricates, cleans and prevents rust.
Displaces moisture. The oil that creeps. Used by 480 of the Fortune
500 companies!

You seeing that Tina bitch too?

I got it apart by cutting off the contacts from there it is a piece of cake. But on the good alternator i have to remove the contacts in a way that they can be reconnected. How do i do that?

Don't be a dumbass, search for a place that returns alternators and starters, chances are they'll have an equivalent on their shelf, you give them your old one and $50 and you're away.

Ducking auto cucumber.

Refurbishes not returns

Were they soldered? take the parts you cut of and hat tem with a blowor, thense if you can pll te contact of.

If you can you need a large soldering iron (not a blowtorch on the good one - that'll fuck the plastic)

You could always search YouTube for "alternator repair"

>parts you cut of and hat tem with a blowor, thense if you can pll te contact of.
I'll try that again - I''m buying a new keyboard today

parts you cut off and heat them with a blowtorch, then see if you can pull the contact off.

>720551660
This is the only usefull comment to far. Thank mate. The contcts seem to be pressed or welded or some kind of hard solder. It does not soften when heating it with a large solder iron.

Ill try heating it with the furnace to see if it comes off.

Makes no difference. The solder around it melts but the clip stays attached to the wires. When i pull it with a plyer after heating the clip and wires just deform. I guesse the clip and wires are joined with a press moulded in to one piece.

Bummer. This guy is putting new bearings in the same VALEO alternator, but he doesn't show how he got the regulator off
youtube.com/watch?v=aVvPzwtxdrM.

I wonder if the solder is resolidifying. You need to kep the hat on while you pull apart - if you just take it out of a furnace after the solder starts to melt, the copper will cool pretty damn quick and the solder will go solid.

The fact that there's older in there tells me that it's not welded, but it could be crimped then soldered (although that would be unusual)

Best of luck and I have to go - sorry. Remember Google is your friend

*hat = heat
fuck this keyboard - in to the skip with it

>>/o/

Ty man