When you give this album 5 stars, you're effectively giving 5 stars to a guitar tone

when you give this album 5 stars, you're effectively giving 5 stars to a guitar tone

and quite possibly your own ability to roll a joint

I really don't get Electric Wizard. I've tried them multiple times and this album just gives me a headache, so I tried Come my Finatics and that one was even worse. I'm not trying to insult them, I just don't get the appeal. What is it?

it's 70s metal/heavy psych (especially Black Sabbath) turned all the way up to 11 in terms of atmosphere. I like it (and doom metal in general) because it feels like a blend of the kind of raw anger emotion you get from more extreme kinds of black/death metal while also revelling in the scale/cheesy nature of it all in the way older metal bands used to do, if that makes sense.

>this is your average Sup Forums poster

I don't get it either, honestly. I get the "wall of noise" thing stoner doom goes for, but I still need a little variety, you know? I need dynamics in riffs and everything else, even when I'm stoned. The only stoner bands I listen to are Subrosa and Izo.

I'm not a weed guy, But I enjoy listening to that album when I get home drunk as fuck.

That's a reasonable way to score an album though

guitar tone is literally the only thing important in metal, prove me wrong

Try playing Bloodborne while listening to this. You'll get the feeling a bit.

It falls in line with the same reason people enjoy conventional drone like Time Machines or drone metal like Earth 2-- it's very relaxing and hypnotic.

The riffs in Dopethrone are so fucking deep that when I'm listening to it, it's all I can think about. One of my go-to albums for when I might being feeling under the weather and I just want something to take the reigns on my train of thought for me.

Tbh man if you don't see the banger quality in Funeralopolis, Electric Wizard just might not be for you.

I love this album so much,all the rifts are so bad ass and heavy
>Pic unrelated but another good sludge album

you need to smoke a blunt in order to get them

wrong picture

I recommend brainbombs

but the riffs and bass tone the drums are pretty generic tho

> first listened to dopethrone with a friend while tripping
>get half way through vinum sabbathi and turn it off out of fear
>sit there in silence for about the next 5 minutes
>he leaves
>good album

It's seriously weed music. I have never been a fan but I got into this album earlier this week super blazed alone totally on accident

wrong

Weed is not obligatory to like electric wizard, my favorite album is come my fanatics and I've only smoked like twice in my entire life.
For the 3 first times I listened to it it also seemed like a bunch of noise to me, but then I listened to it 2 months later, and everything clicked instantly. The riffs and vocals are amazing, but it takes some time to appreciate them.
It's the same for a lot of metal albums, and dopethrone definitly isn't entry level metal. Start witg traditional heavy metal/NWOBHM if you're not familiar with the genre
Or if you're already into metal but can't get into stoner metal, try sleep's holy mountain

why the fuck wouldn't you just roll a blunt instead

t. nu-male

I shouldn't have posted this on /meal/

You need to smoke a joint or else you won't get it senpai.