-Core

Would anyone on Sup Forums be interested in talking about hardcore music? I like all the -core subgenres too like Deathcore, Post-Hardcore, even some Metalcore. I'd like to learn of some new bands and I'm just going to start posting some album covers if ya don't mind.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/w9MFbmMXQik
youtube.com/watch?v=eeRy6O9erJQ
youtube.com/watch?v=SS_8pEBaPSk
youtube.com/watch?v=oAGICkE20mg
youtube.com/watch?v=ionKVFSTODU
youtube.com/watch?v=xC0qJb_2sPA
youtube.com/watch?v=Kt1gYAMICpc
youtube.com/watch?v=XjYzJ7OTPKo
youtube.com/watch?v=JT4iL6MIsKo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Code Orange

t.nu-male

go for it, I want to know more

Im here. Tell me an album and i'll tell one too.

yeah? I think their music sounds tough as nails.

Elysia - Masochist

youtu.be/w9MFbmMXQik
Here you go. Shit quality, but tough as fuck.

Maybe someday I'll get the free time to make one of those "how to get into..." guides for hardcore? Has anyone made anything like that for hardcore already? I tried to get into shoegaze and blackgaze using those guides. Some of the blackgaze was ok but I need some growling, some punk influence and sure even the occasional cliche breakdown...

Oh yeah! That's what I'm talking about!

(Converge - Petitioning the Empty Sky)

i found out about code orange about two weeks ago, i've been digging them pretty hard ever sense. not really sure why they're getting so much shit either, the songs on forever have a great amount of variety and the production is insane

i'm also a big fan of black sheep wall. i don't know if they're more hardcore or sludge but i appreciate the brutality

youtube.com/watch?v=eeRy6O9erJQ

struggling to find a better progressive deathcore album.

recs?

You guys did hear this, right?

there isn't one except for the man with no face

Oh damn! That sounds really cool. I think some people don't like Code Orange because of the samples they put in their music and because of some of their other musical endeavors like Adventures.

Wait- IS THAT AN ALBUM THAT STARTS WITH ACOUSTIC AND SPOKEN WORD THST EVOLVES INTO CHUGS?
I already love this.

OH SHIT. I need something like this.
Link to contribute to thread: youtube.com/watch?v=SS_8pEBaPSk

I wish I could be of help. But I had not heard this yet. Thank you for showing me this.

Yes! Thank you for bringing this album up. It is very good!

This didn't disappoint. They're still good after they changed singers.

Wow. I'm finding all kinds of cool music recs here. I haven't heard those guys for a while! I hope they're still around making music currently?

Fucking amazing album

super numale shit, that band used to be dirty folk punk faggots playing on the street. Listen to Fear.

respect.

legend.

Yeah and it's hard as hell to find it anywhere now. I think it's out of print. Completely fucked.

agreed

did you like the new one? i thought it was pretty good

It kinda feels like a guilty pleasure. Its so 90s, but that's really fun.

what is this? I can't read the band name :)

Nope. Danza IIII was their last album together.
Glass Cloud was pretty good too.

Damn this thread has really got me remembering some good shit.
youtube.com/watch?v=oAGICkE20mg
youtube.com/watch?v=ionKVFSTODU
youtube.com/watch?v=xC0qJb_2sPA
youtube.com/watch?v=Kt1gYAMICpc

Das it mane. Can't find it on any streaming outlet or anything (which is retarded, why would you ever let that be the case).

Littledidweknow. I miss pig squeals.
youtube.com/watch?v=XjYzJ7OTPKo

this crossed into emo territory but just enough that i still really liked it.

Ok Last One. I'm going to try to make a hardcore guide over the next week. Hopefully a Hardcore General would be modestly well received in-between K-pop and DeathGrips threads?

problem is I don't know where you'd "Start" on a guide like that... any suggestions? I'm thinking like Minor Threat, Gorilla Biscuits something like that? I don't know... AFI had a pretty good hardcore following during their Black Sails in the Sunset/All Hallows era, too...

youtube.com/watch?v=JT4iL6MIsKo

people in the hc scene where i'm at hate them because they went from making pretty good hardcore to.. i don't even know what to call it, shitty deathcore? having toured with them before, i don't like them because they're total frauds who are uninvested in their own music (they literally think the music is funny) and are completely in it for the money. wouldn't be surprised if the next record sounded entirely like Bleeding in the Blur. they want to go full radio rock

I have no idea what the fuck the -core tag is even supposed to mean. Hardcore punk makes sense, grindcore makes sense to an extent, but putting core on the end of something doesnt really help define the sounds unless you already know what it sounds like.

This falls into post-hardcore, since post-hardcore basically means that area between the fall of hardcore and the rise of grunge. here you go!

This album was featured on The Price Is Right yesterday in a group of albums that came with a stereo. All the other albums were pop but the only one I remember specifically was Adele

>watching price is right after bob left

Anything on Ferret and Victory at that time was good.

Holy shit it actually made the news. I used to love Alternative Press. Way back in the day that was the best magazine for awhile.

Oh yeah thats right, Solange was in there. I guess the new Flaming Lips is very slightly surprising too at least compared to Adele. And then theres a really old Chemical Brothers album.