>mediafire.com/download/svtfxjtillrdwt8/Gods Cab 1.3.rar
>mediafire.com/download/4n28zkjw0zgmdj9/ASEM RECTO V30 L2.wav

old thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

clyp.it/qoumg2sq#
clyp.it/1j1zch4v
clyp.it/xynzcjiv
youtube.com/watch?v=Pd-PUiwdxeI
amazon.com/Line-6-POD-Studio-UX2/dp/B001EKECC2/ref=pd_lpo_267_bs_tr_t_2?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=JPTPE073RC922SPKRGB3
clyp.it/wkcvhoc3
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

first for cort

2nd for the dream

best poverty bass?

I'm a beginner, redpill me on Rocksmith 2014

shit, just play guitar hero and take lessons separately, no need for those to be combined

SX Ursa no question. Just check out what people say on talkbass. I know there's at least four people who have them here. 12" radius is max comfy too.

>25
>Turning 26 in less than 6 months
>Suck at guitar, but trying to git gud with practice
>Trying to un-JUST my life before/by 30
>Want to be good enough to be in a band and making songs by that age

Is it possible Sup Forums? Or did I wait too long?

You have your whole life to unjust your life

If you're asking that question you're blessed much more than you may know. At least you don't have cancer, or a terminal illness that will kill you at 30 or something.

Sure dude don't worry about it. Well, worry enough that you practice.

My dad plays/ed but he never taught me and now I'm afraid to ask if I can borrow one from him because we both know I will give up

Definitely didn't wait to long. You just gotta take it pretty seriously. Take lessons with a good teacher and you can improve very quickly. After that, you just have to practice enough.

Go for it. It's better to try and fail then never try at all. I'm actually trying to teach my dad to play since he's always wanted to learn.

Do you actually post here and not play guitar.

What's wrong with you.

S-sorry I'll leave now.

Batio seems like a genuinely nice guy, if anyone ever wants to chill and watch some guitar shit I recommend watching this guy's guitar clinics and his interview with Troy Grady. Which are all on YouTube

How much should I practice each day if I want (relatively) fast results? Is 3 hours enough?

Yes

What the fuck is up with Troy Grady? He has a multimillion sub production quality yet only has like 50k

At the very least practice an hour a day. 3 hours a day would be good. I would recommend, if you can, to practice 5 hours a day. When I went to school, pretty much everyone practiced for at least 5 hours a day. Although, it's not just the amount you practice, you have to make sure you do a good job of practicing and not just messing around. It also depends on the style of music you want to play.

holy shit, chrome edition? I just took a bunch of pics of my EGC

>It also depends on the style of music you want to play.

I want to play [spoiler]early 2000s edgy, gothic/numetal stufff.[/spoiler]

>those string angles coming out of the nut

they're sooo fucking smart and advanced making a guitar out of a piece of aluminum but they can't make a decent fucking headstock lmao

Ikr his cracking the code series could literally pass as something you'd find on the discovery channel

To whoever helped me with recording through my mustang in the last thread, I got it working, thanks senpai ~

>brand bunnies

Yeah this is a super early model. the headstock is a little different now. I won't have this one for long but I'll certainly be buying another

That's certainly doable. You probably don't have to practice 5 hours a day in that case. 1-3 hours would suffice. I would still recommend a good teacher too. Navigating a guitar can be pretty tricky. The main thing is just finding a good teacher that can help you set up a good practice routine and to help you understand what you need to practice. It can be hard to figure out what to practice and focus your energy on by yourself.

what type of music do you play? I've yet to meet someone that has an EGC that doesn't play hard rock/metal

who /deathbyaudio/ here?

I only play EDM, it really connects with me

cute af

Anyone here play fretless? I wanted to see if anyone had some pointers on intonation. The notes I play always flatten out as soon as i change notes.

fuzz gun? more like "who /fartfuzz/ here"

Daily reminder that if you own a Chapman Guitar you are part of the problem.

Ask him to show you the basics and let you learn on one of his. Save up and buy your own. Could be a bonding experience.

Was me. Glad you got your stuff hooked up.

for our help I recorded the hardest song I know how to play JUST for you~ hope you enjoy senpai

shit forgot link
clyp.it/qoumg2sq#

>guitarist
>being in a band

lmao. Good luck with that. Guitarists are a dime a dozen, literally everyone plays it. If you're not a guitar god you're not good enough to be in a band.

im a bass player can I be in your band~

indie/alt rock stuff. thing sounds amazing clean. My next one will be a 30" scale Bass VI

I will highhandedly bring electric guitar back into the mainstream, watch me

Kek

Hey, it's a start. Better than most on here that talk trash. Keep at it. Youll get better in practice.

>his interview with Troy Grady

watching now

why would you want to do that

I'm starting to get triggered by people using the terms 'solid-state' and 'modelling' interchangeably.

But why tho?

My computer has the best modelling drive

clyp.it/1j1zch4v
i've been playing for about a year now but I still am not happy with where I'm at :( i sound fine next to a drummer and guitarist, but when the bass is isolated it sounds kinda shitty. thanks for your kind words senpai

What do you dudes think of my tone and soloing on this little jam I made today?

Granted this was done at bedroom level because I live in an apartment, so no cranking the tubes sadly.

>clyp.it/xynzcjiv

Invest in a Sansamp, makes pbass sound like a beast, play along to drum tracks, start to feel the groove. Timing is everything with bass

youtube.com/watch?v=Pd-PUiwdxeI
rate my playing boys
been playing for about 2 years now

Ibanez>esp

Lots of sloppiness in the picking hand, but that's a hard song. Definitely better than most people 2 years in

What's up with that bit that keeps bouncing off the b string? The open b is way out of pitch but everything else is fine

$100 guitars on Craigslist > the rest

Kek oooooookay

There's 3 guitars a man ever "really" needs as a gigging musician imo

>Fender Telecaster
>Gibson ES-335/339
>Fender Stratocaster

With these 3 you can pretty much do anything you want.

see

I'll stand by them all day, they've been in production since the 50s for a reason

>he wants a neck humbucker instead of a p90

>what is a tele with a mini humbucker in the neck

That badboy has paid my bills for quite sometime

Awful tones and enforcing bad technique and poor dynamics.

Does that shit work? My picking is fucked, I need to relearn it with proper technique.

The hex screws are a nice touch.

Apart from memes, why?

Aren't a tele and strat close enough that you only need one?

Well strat now you have a guitar with a floating trem which can be very useful, also no tele can sound like a strat in the neck/middle combo setting

Also strats you could in theory put a humbucker in the bridge and now you have your super strat/metal guitar

Fair point. What sound can you get out of a tele that you can't get from a strat?

friendly reminder that Leo Fender designed the strat to be used for western swing style music and be able to perform any and every part of a song, from rhythm to lead, and back.

Personal experience when I play a tele in a band setting nearly any genre it will always cut through and be heard

If there's another guitarist, strats tend to get lost in the mix, plus bridge setting just doesn't quite have the bit of a tele

If I had to choose one and one only it would be a tele, maybe add a bigsby.

like I said strats are great if you're the only guitarist or in the studio, live every time with another guitarist they just tend to get lost

well when you're using singles and the slash wannabe is using both humbuckers with everything turned to 10, yeah

He wants you to ask to borrow it

>tfw haven't picked up my bass(es) for about 6 months
>tfw it used to be the thing I loved most and now it's sort of a background interest

What's the longest anyone's ever neglected to practice their instrument?

I pick it up every day, but never do anything that makes me better. I can't go without it but I can't commit to it enough to get better.

Like I said more of a personal thing, but I think strats really shine when they're the only guitar, the range of tones is very beautiful

about a week, every week. but it's because i've been in a rut and everything i once held dear just seems distant, in short, i'm bored and i can't find a fix
google +1'd

I've had a few slumps during my 9 years of bass playing. Longest was probably a month or 4. It happens sometimes, but you'll eventually pick it up again. Right now I have a band and bi-weekly open mic sessions at my local bar to keep me motivated.

*bi-monthly

General question:

I live in an apartment and sound is a big issue here, so I feel I can't really play unless it's through headphones

I need a way of playing guitar through headphones while listening to music a the same time (i.e. I get both music and guitar through headphones).

I know fuck all about this sort of thing and how I can make it work. I've got an amp, laptop, wireless headphones, ... I just don't know what to plug into what. Forgive me for being a retard.

get something like this
amazon.com/Line-6-POD-Studio-UX2/dp/B001EKECC2/ref=pd_lpo_267_bs_tr_t_2?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=JPTPE073RC922SPKRGB3
All you gotta do is connect it to your pc, get a DAW and then get something like BIAS FX and you're set my man

Digital
Audio
Interface

Yikes, ashamed to admit it but about a year. A few times... a year or 2 after starting when i got discouraged because 2 dudes i played with told me i sucked cause i didn't learn metallica shit, when i moved out and my brothers wanted to play L4D and COD WAW on 360 online all the time. Again when my kid was like ~2-3 and every time i picked it up she'd come over and grab at the strings and shit until just stopped trying to pick it up. I play every day now tho, with maybe 1 or 2 days a week break if i got grown up stuff to do but never 2 in a row.

Don't use a scrunchy. If you can't mute properly you can't play properly.

ty

Thoughts on steve vai?

He's from space and speaks alien languages with the guitar

What is this?

Any luthiers here that can provide some information?

So I have a Les Paul. Just a regular Les Paul with a regular Les Paul neck joint.
I used to love them but my current main axe is a neck through guitar that I've had for a year and now my fingers are so used to it that trying to play solos on a Les Paul is annoying and frustrating as shit.

From what I understand, the neck of a Les Paul is not only glued at the base, but from the sides as well. So in theory I could use a wood file to reshape the neck joint and make it look like a Gibson Axcess heel, right?

This guitar always has .10 strings and I usually keep it tuned half step down (or Standard D#) so I'm guessing the string tension is not a lot. Do I risk fucking the neck up? It's not a Gibson or even Epiphone, but I still like it and don't want to ruin the guitar.

What a fucking clusterfuck. Fuck.

I'd say it's a pretty bad idea. I'm only an amateur luthier. I haven't done a ton, but it's not like you'll find someone who has shaved the heel off a les Paul. I'd recommend just selling it, getting a different neck through (agile is cheap), and putting the desired pickups in.

I've been playing guitar for about 10 years, and over the summer I picked up electric bass to join my college jazz band
But I still have a lot of trouble with proper slaps, it seems fucking impossible to me and everyone tells me it's "so easy" to do
am I just a retard? tips? will it even matter for performing jazz?

>that 'pickup cover'

It's a thumb rest you jabroni. It's a bass VI.

I have a cold but I came up for a chorus of a kid's song. What do you guys think?
clyp.it/wkcvhoc3

Subtle get

(momentary confusion)