/lbg/ Letterboxd General

RATE. DISCUSS. WATCH.

Other urls found in this thread:

letterboxd.com/cinebro/list/they-shoot-pictures-dont-they-top-1000-film/
letterboxd.com/donniebravo/
letterboxd.com/Unrequited/
letterboxd.com/japeman/film/outlaws-and-angels/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

reminder that if you use TSPDT as a point of reference or for recommendations you're a certified pleb

FACT: no one can refute this while posting their profile

I still think I missed the point of the shitposting irc samefaggot not posting his profile. don't understand why jackieray's shitposting irc samefaggot boyfriend couldn't post his profile.
>missing the point this hard1

this is not the fucking image that I posted

I still think I missed the point of the shitposting irc samefaggot not posting his profile. don't understand why jackieray's shitposting irc samefaggot boyfriend couldn't post his profile.

I still don't understand why jackieray's shitposting irc samefaggot boyfriend couldn't post his profile.
>missing the point this hardI still don't understand why jackieray's shitposting irc samefaggot boyfriend couldn't post his profile.
>missing the point this hardI still don't understand why jackieray's shitposting irc samefaggot boyfriend couldn't post his profile.
>missing the point this hard

Took me two days, but I watched it. Maybe some of you patricians can help me out. Why did it end with a shot of one of the least important characters, why do you never see Pierre or Igor, and what, generally speaking, did Rivvette mean by this?

I'm watching (You)

>mfw Sup Forums killed /lbg/

Forgot pic

>post your profile
get called a redditor

state an opinion
>get asked to post your profile

Reminder to watch more movies and stop being proud of being pleb.

letterboxd.com/cinebro/list/they-shoot-pictures-dont-they-top-1000-film/

Who the fuck is Rivvette?

t. mad embryo

Rivette, I mean.

I still don't understand why jackieray's shitposting irc samefaggot boyfriend couldn't post his profile.
>missing the point this hard

Thoughts on the film "They Shoot Horses, Don't They?"

see

Thinking about it, you're absolutely right. A place for comfy shitposting can't exist on Sup Forums with all these unstoppable waves of always new capeshit and got kids.

This guy won an Oscar for it, but he couldn't get work after, so he killed his wife and himself.

>ET at 126
>redditors take this list seriously
my sides

Good posts

Dumb posts

Sup Forums here

who's the AntiWarhol of Letterboxd?

Don't know who that is because I don't visit anti-art boards. If he has shit taste he's for sure steakbro.

see

>Sup Forums crossposters
>/lit/ crossposters
literal trash

lefties have shit taste in movies, that's a fact. go read ready player one

post profile

post profile

post profile

Hugemoff I hope you saw my suggestions. I worked hard on them.

If he's a pioneering avant-teen then yes.
I don't go here at all desu. Just curious because I heard the shitty t. embryo meme came from here.

>inb4 t. embryo

t. embryo

POST YOUR FUCKING PROFILE
RIGHT FUCKING NOW
REEEEEEEEEEEE

Sup Forums has a far better understanding and wide spread appreciation of their medium (involving its technicalities) than fucking Sup Forums

I did, I'm just checking real quick for any subversive nihilist/feminist messages. Good recs desu.

he thinks he is the embryo police
cute little redditor babby

You gonna fuck me or what?

Do you like Cassavetes, anons?

t. mad embryo

If your taste is more lowbrow/exploitation fare, you might enjoy Hellman's China 9, Liberty 37 (1978), a spaghetti western shot in Spain. Make sure to watch the uncut, wide-screen version.

Fox is sexier

Nothing I have read about his films makes me interested in seeing them. The contrary, actually.

Prety much this. I can already tell he is exact opposite of my wavelength

>bong joon ho
>fat beaner del toro
>spielberg
>buñuel
>kauffman
>cameron
>linklater
>malle
>pixar
>fincher
>FUCKING NOLAN
>miike
>dunning
>thomas anderson
>burton
>verhoven
>greenaway
>ghibli
>chan wook park
>korine
>haneke
>coppola
>ghibli
>eastwood
>kurosawa
holy shit this list is fucking disgusting
kill yourself for posting this, pleb

lmao those are the only directors you recognize? How embarrassing.

>i hateee hollywood so much my faves? everything by the criterion collection :)

post profile

Few of those are Hollywood and many of them are Criterion favourites.

I still don't understand why the user couldn't post his profile.

still too afraid to post your profile?

>it's a new spam phrase by the designated shitposter of the hour episode

t. jackieray's shitposting irc samefaggot boyfriend who won't post his profile and keeps missing the point

Say again

Hi everyone. letterboxd.com/donniebravo/ Getting back into it after a long absence.

post profile

You shouldn't

I did.

>

The movie is so full of dialogue, but it is mostly utter nonsense, delivered by actors who were probably told by Zulawski to "flail like marionettes" clawing at the air. I like the idea of combining a science fiction movie with some unholy version of the Bible, but I hated this movie. The director seems to think his ideas are more profound when the actors delivering them are screaming at each other, or if they look at the camera with freakishly contorted faces. Yes yes the idea of being God on a new unknown world drove the astronauts into megalomaniacal insanity. Makes sense. But after a certain point, it becomes exhausting and tedious, no matter how amazing the costumes and the sets and the effort it took to get the film made were.

Yes, the Polish government shut this movie down in the 70s, and the ten years of developmental hell caused a fifth of the movie to be lost, and it's incredibly admirable that Zulawski painstakingly got the movie released. Congratulations. But I have to go with my gut on this one, and my gut tells me this movie was not worth the effort. The storyline has no sense of transition or development: Things happen, decades pass, and the viewer is expected to take it at face value. Funny how the "advanced aging" story conceit stopped working around halfway through.

This was a mess. An admirable mess, sure, but just horrible.
the only thing you should get back into is killing yourself

Carnival of Souls is immaculate

the new criterion restoration looks so unbelievably good too

Zulawski is horrible. I'm sorry you fell for the smoke and mirrors.

>I also like to go outside occasionally.
FUCKING NORMIES REEEE

This is stupid

Stupid is not knowing how to have actors convey insanity other than having them screaming and clawing at their eyes like retards.

kek

Congrats on the very successful thread you had to try to confirm your shit taste :)

you're just digging yourself a bigger hole
don't ever come back here

Well, that doesn't make Zulawski not a horrible director.

i won
now post your god damned profile
embryo

Fuck you, realest of the realest isn't even a thing

>you're just digging yourself a bigger hole
You stepped into your tomb the moment you defended the cinematic abortion that is On the Silver Globe.

Random embryo or Żuławski? Who's right?
hmmmmmmmmm

remoidner honk honk beeeeep

>just watched a film
>"ONE OF MY TOP FAVORITES OF ALL-TIME"
This is a thing that happens almost exclusively with embryos

>55 films
>I like movies
hehe

Zulawski is horrible. Sorry you fell for it.

I watched those movies years ago though. Sorry I invaded your safe space. Please don't call me an embryo again it hurts my feelings.

Sure, embryo. If there's a safe space for your kind of scum, it's on here. Full of them

Thanks.

letterboxd.com/Unrequited/

So Everybody Wants Some was pretty disappointing. It's just Dazed and Confused except the only thing the cast had me convinced on is that they are all approaching 40 and definitely not college age. It even has the same curb crawling car intro with some old rock, I hope Linklater hasn't hit his limit and is gonna start backtracking to revive the feel he invoked about 20 years ago.

what's some good ethnographic fiction / docufiction

like weerasethakul or reis

most of the cast of EWS is in their 20s except the guy who was exposed as a fraud.

like Big Al*

ftfy

Shocking stuff. They didn't feel or look like college age kids, sure they tried to dress them up and capture the presence but it just failed for me. Every character barring two looked about 30 at least and some of the conversations really tried to channel the essence of Dazed and Confused but the cast didn't have the charisma to pull it off.

>tried to channel the essence of Dazed and Confused but the cast didn't have the charisma to pull it off.
I think it succeeded in that regard but well that's just where we part ways.

>I'm too much of a feminine pussy to grow a moustache
Literally what you are saying

>trannieboxd
What did you expect?

left or right

Damn, you're right.

Fair enough. I wish Linklater had tried to add something new to his filmography rather than essentially reworking Dazed and Confused-- my key issue with it I guess. I probably just prefer the cast from the former film as they're more recognisable for me and despite the films being close in time period, the wardrobe and setting felt more carefully chosen and enhancing.

Cool.

letterboxd.com/japeman/film/outlaws-and-angels/

Who the fuck starts a review by saying 'I don't watch films'

hi /lbg/ I'm watching Satantango tomorrow
I'm hype as fuck

you are going to fall asleep

tfw you watch a #rare blu-ray release of a #rare movie after getting it from online

these are usually bad movies though, if they never got a DVD release and people didnt even bother watching the VHS

>hey guys, i'll watch that movie which is famous for being too long, anyways, i NEED to tell you this because i need attention and i have no friends irl to tell them.