User

user,
nothing we do in life matters, and we are all going to die.
so why do anything ?

becuase if we get the human race to survive long enough and advance itself, they can become so advanced they can control time itself and bring us back

I agree, just sit in a room and in the dark until you die.

>we are all going to die?
so true

then what u waiting 4?

nice thought
and nice dubs

>user,
>nothing we do in life matters, and we are all going to die.
>so why do anything ?
because we are going to die

because we can lol

why eat if you're just gonna shit it out
pls dont eat

against faggotry even gods contend in vain

sauce

Because it's all about experience and carrying on your legacy. To succeed in life you have to at least produce 2 offspring. That is when you have successfully lived life

If time travel were possible, we would have seen time travelers already.

an thing i knowed at life are less thinks you make will do more less disappoint you are getted

Because unless you have the balls to kill yourself, stick around and experience the weird fun shit in life, like OPs gif. Theres a lot of things out there you didnt know that you didnt know about.

YOU were not a success

Your legacy will disappear when the sun destroys the galaxy. Even if man left earth right now at the speed of light he would not escape. Your thoughts and experinces will turn to space dust. Even if we were not going to be destroyed, given a long enough time scale our DNA would degenerate enough from generation to generation that we would become a puddle of shit, to the point where we would return to space dust either way.

To be remembered

Life finds meaning in conflict.

For example, fuck you. You're not gonna tell me what to do, bitch. YOU go sit around doing nothing, I'm gonna go fuck your momma in the ass.

Well good thing the sun won't go supernova until billions of years in the future

and will at most destroy the solar system.

True, but your ancestors will die and their will be no proof that you or anyone attached to your gene pool ever existed. Nothing they do will matter.

>If a tree falls in the woods and nobody is around, does it make a sound?

Ask the birds who nest there.

no one has given you the simple answer

I do things because they satisfy me. For all I know I am the center of the universe, I don't really /need/ to make meaning unless it makes me feel good.

Anyone who thinks time travel is possible is so hopelessly deluded that I surprised they don't think science as a whole is some sort of witchcraft. Time is not tangible, not empirical. It is a mathematical constant like the earths gravitational pull or the speed of light but it has no measurable qualities other than the ones we imagine we are observing.

Maybe we have ;)

From your perspective, time begins and ends with you. So you should make the most of that time.

Also if spacetime is an infinite loop, you will perceive your life over and over again.

why not do every damn thing and fuck the consequences?

You're one of those people who would be saying "The world is flat" if we lived hundreds of years ago lol. Just because you havent seen or discovered something yet doesnt mean its not possible to happen in the future

sauce?

It still causes waves of energy even if no birds were there. It doesn't fit the dictionary term of a sound because nothing received the signal. I think that analogy proves that man likes to be witty more than anything. Pretending that it didn't happen because nothing experienced it doesn't mean it didn't happen. Just that it wasn't experienced which fails to justify our flawed terminology.

> sun destroys our galaxy

Nigger do you mean solar system? You do realize how insignificant and small our sun is right? Thinking our sun will destroy our galaxy... holy shit.. Get your fucking faggot ass back in school

>deluded
Prove me wrong then faggot, protip, you can't.

You talk about significance as if it's something we can figure out with cognition, something science can grab hold of.

It never has been. People all over the world have been making themselves happy for years just by letting go of the idea of significance because it's all a little game we play with each other anyway.

You're right if you say nothing matters. Lrn2 nihilism faggot.

I'm having my head frozen next week. Will Sup Forums exist when i return?

most of my ancestors are already dead buddy. Descendents?

It depend on the black hole that is created and how much energy it manages to suck in. It could destroy a galaxy. Though it really doesn't matter in the end. We won't be escaping it was the point I was making.

As much as I love the idea, i dont buy into it. If there was a time machine in the future, than there would be more than one, and when different groups control something that powerful, there's going to be conflicts about who uses it correctly. We would have future wars all throughout history but there is no evidence for that. Im all for the idea but i need some proof

>why

Because it's real fun while it lasts.

time is a man made concept. You can't go back in time because back in time doesn't exist.

Of course I am right and we both know it. Letting go of significance and fucking shit up like a mindless pleasure seeker is what modern man is all about. It's how it deals with it.

There really isn't a point to doing anything, even advancing the human race, since eventually the entire universe, and in fact all of existence, will eventually end.

The solar system we are in will end when the sun expires and goes super nova, every single star will succumb to this eventually. There will be no where for us to go.

So there isn't really a point.

But you have to ask yourself what it is you want to do. If you don't need to do anything, what do you WANT to do? Just do that.

I say just fuck everyone else and live for yourself. Life is too short to worry about what other people want or expect from you. Just do whatever you want.

>nothing we do in life matters,
Wrong. Every single moment of your life matters.

> and we are all going to die.
Correct. But there's a life after this life.
And it's either eternal happiness, or eternal suffering.

>so why do anything ?
Clearly to choose happiness instead of suffering.

Sometimes suffering chooses you.

Well in 4 billion years Andromeda will collide with Milky way and by then Humans probably will have be able to colonize other planets in other galaxies, so if by chance your decedents happen to survive and live on other world then technically your legacy will be immortal

You could be correct. I honestly hope not. I am hoping for oblivion after this life. I don't want to feel or remember anything. Just sleep forever.

heh, you got me on that one.

Same. There use to be a time when I valued my consciousness above all else but I've reached the point where when I die I just want to cease to function.

There's nothing for me here. I don't want to experience this world.

the world has so much to offer that you haven't even considered experiencing.

Sound dosent need to be hear to define it as a sound, and just because something ends dosent mean it was meaningless. Everything ends, nothing lasts forever, everyone dies, that dosent mean that nothing we do matters. If I can make my, and through proxy your, life better, dosent that mean something? Happiness has value, no matter how jaded you are.

Im pretty sure time was around a while before man was. Time isnt a concept, its a measurable force in our world that we can percieve.

I know that. It hurts even more to know that it's unobtainable to me. Even if I tried my best, which I have, those things I want to experience always have been and always will be out of my reach.

I am talking about the definition of a sound. It doesn't fit the definition of a sound if it wasn't received. That is why people ask if it made a sound if no one was there when the tree fell. It did make a wave of energy just like it would if someone were there. However it doesn't fit the definition of a sound.

Curing cancer will make peoples life better for billions of years. That is a great thing. It won't matter anymore when every trace of man is
gone though. That will happen some day.

I believe the opposite.

Nothing in life matters and we are all going to die. This is our only chance at doing anything so why not do as much as you can and live life to its fullest?

Just because you (or anyone/anything else) won't remember it, doesn't mean it didn't happen. Billions of years of evolution have created the most intelligent species in the solar system and potentially the galaxy. Live up to it.

Honestly I don't see how you guys can see this excistance as anything but a punishment. Your body smells like shit. You have to douse yourself in water every 24 hours just to keep your stench from offending people that are near by. You dripple piss and shit out of your body in a vary barbaric fashion that smells so bad you can hardly stand to stay in the room with yourself. You eat the corpses of other lifeforms to sustain yourself and your putrid breath has to be covered up with mouthwash. Disgusting.

>implying i wash

Feel free to kill yourself bro and put yourself out of this miserable existence :)

We are all going to die one day, yes.
Nothing in our life matters. Some may have something that matters that keeps them doing what they doing.
Tho if u dont have anything that matters, aren't you free to do anything you like?

I'm pretty shure you're right. As Rick and Morty taught us all: "Nobody exists on purpose, nobody belongs anywhere, everybody's gonna die."

So, this being said, your (and everyone elses) life may just be a meaningless spark, especially if we compare it to time itself. But maybe we all should look at our worthless, meaningless lifes and the time they occupy within eternity like we (or maybe a few of us) used to look at some discarded piece of technology when we were kids. Speaking for myself, I used to disassemble every fucking piece of electronic scrap my parents gave me. I mean, I was eight years old and just learned how to use a screwdriver. I remember they gave me their old telephone, an old laptop (like in, really old), a copier, a microwave and so on, and little user unscrewed everything that wasn't tightened beyond my strength. I shurely destroyed it, but no one cared because it was meaningless crap and while doing so, I explored every little component, every part and every circuit. And although I did not understand even a fraction of it, it's been a great pleasure to see the insides of a pretty complex, but in the end meaningless device spreaded before my childish, curious and uncomprehending eyes.

Maybe that is what one should do with his meaningless life. To disassemble it beyond recognition, to look at it's basic components without understanding them, but having a great fun doing so. Now go catch an STD, take some drugs and jump on a freight train to see where it heads, because all your actions are meaningless in the end.

I didn't choose to come here and I have no intention of choosing to leave. I am not in control and I have no illusions about it. I am trapped in a piece of rotting meat for 100 years, do you seriously expect me to be happy about it?

I don't think that sheer existance is a reason to experience it to the fullest. Someone handing you and empty cup is not an adequate reason to fill it with tea. Existance can't be both motivation and satisfaction.

>Nobody asked me if I want this
>Nobody left me instructions
>I'm not here on my own free will

But you are now, and nothing is going to change this besides death. Make the world your sandbox game.

Thanks, I wish I could. I can't shake this horrible feeling in my chest. I can't overcome my problems. I could go anywhere on the planet. I could go to a beach somewhere is relax. I am now very comfortable in my home. Being able to go places and buy nice things can help distract me from reality. Unfortunately it always comes back and eats me up.

I studied my ass off and made something of myself. I live a very nice life while billions are starving. I feel sorry for them but I am broken and can't even fix my own imbalanced brain. I have no pride though. It all seems to have disappeared into a numbness that I can't escape. Even rich celebrities fall to drugs, disease and general corruption because this existence is too much for them. No amount of success will wash the overbearing pain of existence from the mind.

>Imbalanced

I don't think you quite understand the concept of "meaninglessness".
Your problems, worries, feelings, all your wishes, needs, desires and pleasures are meaningless too. And they are exact as meaningless as you and your pathetic life, mostly because they ARE your pathetic life. But you are still rating them less meaningless than sheer existance? there's something wrong in your chain of causation, boy. But don't worry, I have been diagnosed with anxiety disorder once, my doctors prescribed me Ativan, and soon after I came to all those cute little conclusions and observations on the meaninglessness of existance. And you know what? Once I took my panic pills on top of the Eyjafjallajökull (Or however it is written), I can hear them rattling in my pocket while I'm hiking or climbing and I can't leave home without them. Thats both extremes of over- and underrating the same thing at the same time, but nevertheless it stays meaningless. So here we are back at the drugs.

Actually, I agree with you. Too be honest I don't know what my worries, feeling and wishes are anymore. I just feel like shit and have no direction. I distract myself with electronic gadgets and I want things to get better or feel better but I don't even know where to start. Guess I'm just a fuck up.

> I don't know what my worries, feeling and wishes are anymore. I just feel like shit and have no direction.

And I bet you are thinking about the whys and wherefores, right?
Just don't think. Get really really drunk, that should give you the mental emptiness to leave your home and get lost. I dare you to get a bottle of vodka and I want you to tell everyone about how you woke up in the park tomorrow (fuck the tense).

I have 2 bottles of Grey Goose actually. I quit drinking though. I was waking up on the floor and my muscles were all cramped up. It was making my life at work more miserable than it already is.

Why do nothing at all? kill yourself, at least you wont be alone with your thoughts.

Thats a common accident that happens to the inexperienced. You have to follow the one/one rule - One glass of hard booze, one glas of water. No softdrinks or crap - just pure meaningless water. Go for it. Don't think about the consequences. Waking up cramping, with terrible headache and shit in your undies - that is a consequence.

Heh, thanks man but I know those consequences all to well. I'm probably older than you think.

There's way too much search for meaning in you for someone who asserts that everything is meaningless.

You are forced to because boredom, fuck I wish i was an animal

Because fear. The fear of pain. The fear of loneliness. The fear of the unknown. And man's instinctive unquenchable thirst for conquest and greatness. Of course nothing matters, but tell that to your subconscious. Tell that to the animal inside you.

But if ppl have the balls to kys then do it. There's too much traffic. I hate waiting in lines.

This thread is soon going to die. Maybe in the end we will find out that the crazy christ, mental muslims or boring buddhist were right. This is just in case happens: Good luck man. We had a nice talk, even in this place.
Like a really good orgasm with a fucking ugly someone in the filthiest tavern of south africa.

Time is a state of mind, we're already dead.

yes because they will give a single fuck about you when they get there.

Of course I have tried to find meaning in life. I didn't come to the conclusion that it was pointless because I am too lazy to research and learn. I have studied astronomy and read and watched many things that physicist's have come up with. I have studied religions. Hindu, Judaism( and offshoots), Buddhism. I have never studied the Quran though.

They have many interesting things to say. Things I believe are good for keeping away from the pitfalls of life. Still I can't find a meaning. It's too much conflicting data. Too many things that I can't understand. See you later.

you only get one shot on life so why wouldn't you make most of it? we will probably rot in dirt after it's over so have fun while you still can