It must be hard being Santana, knowing that no matter what he does...

It must be hard being Santana, knowing that no matter what he does, random musicians will start showing up in his albums without him asking. Sometimes he'll get lucky and get someone like Eric Clapton and Lauryn Hill, but most of the time he gets shitty lucky and ends up having to deal with Chad Kroeger and P.O.D. mysteriously appearing on his album without his consent

It's true, look it up. Happened right when Y2K began in 1999. Why do you think he called that album "Supernatural"? There's some supernatural shit going on in his life

Your thoughts Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/k0KcWyZ8II0
youtube.com/watch?v=MTzEKCgI2V8&feature=youtu.be&t=429
youtu.be/xvKrBoywZFY
afka.net/Articles/1995-01_Tmershi_Duween.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I think you should kill yourself

>It must be hard being a multimillionaire who gets paid to play pentatonic minor scales over corny arrangements

world's tiniest violin OP

Stupid thread but that last album was so good though.

>Why do you think he called that album "Supernatural"? There's some supernatural shit going on in his life

>Evil Ways
>Soul Sacrifice
>Black Magic Woman
>Abraxas
>Taboo

Oh shit

>Album he made after Supernatural was called Shaman
>He hired a Shaman to try performing an exorcism, but it didn't work and resulted in Nickelback showing up on his album

GOAT Album tb h

>Lauryn Hill
>getting lucky

in that case i'd prefer he not get lucky

I agree, he's not Allan Holdsworth, but his compositional skills are very good. Let's admire another legend - John McLaughlin. When he's not trying to set the fretboard on fire, he does Santana better than the man himself.
youtu.be/k0KcWyZ8II0

I saw Santana twice

once he opened for the Who in Philadelphia in 1982 and then he appeared and jammed with the Grateful Dead at Calaveras County fair grounds in '87 who wouldn't want to play with him?
youtube.com/watch?v=MTzEKCgI2V8&feature=youtu.be&t=429

>Allan Holdsworth
do you think he'll ever tour again?

I saw him on three occasions but not until around 2012 I think first...

>do you think he'll ever tour again?
I've seen some recent footage of him playing in an underground club, but he's not on tour. Those may have been just a couple of shows. I think that he's not in the best health right now and it's not certain if he'll tour again.
>I saw him on three occasions but not until around 2012 I think first...
WOW! Could you even begin to describe your experiences with words?

Actually that gif is more accurate than you think and this shit thread deserves. Music executive Clive Davis came up with the idea for the album. It is thought that he was trying to capitalize on the growing Urban Latin demographic of the late 90s. Carlos Santana being a recognizable name and hero to many in the community was all he needed. Also, as stated before, (((music executive))).

>The album, conceived by Clive Davis and A&R'd by Pete Ganbarg, was a major global hit, eventually selling more than 30 million copies.[2]

Transcendental

This was the first time I saw him.

alas it was at a "Jazz bar" Johnny D's in Somerville,MA

There was a table section with people eating and a bar.. I went alone so was at the back of the tables

The second set , I don't know the title of the piece but at one point soemthing happened I had never experienced before.

the music seemed to rise and lift me, my spirit or soul or whatever ..I don;t mean my 200+ lb body but I felt a real sense that the music was somehow leaving the room and taking me with it.. I must have tuned in to the place from where they were creating the music and left my body awareness .

it was the most amazing thing I had ever experienced outside of a Grateful Dead show where sort of similar things happened during the mass unification in the midst of some of the better jamming.

he was also a very friendly guy who sat at the bar between sets and talked with us

73 Santana is the best lineup. They were on some Psychedelic Miles Davis Fusion shit around that time.

Neighbour played that LOUD earlier this week. Doesn't feel good, man.

this x1000

youtu.be/xvKrBoywZFY

bad thread

good thread

>chris cornell walks in and starts doing vocals
>nobody invited him

/thread

You're not funny, swaglord.

Gee I wish I had those problems.
Carlos Santana is blessed to have these guest musicians appear on his album.

And it's not like he needs them or anything. After all these years he can still hold an audience in the palm of his hand just with his guitar playing alone.

>Clearly, Carlos was offended by Zappa's histrionic mockery (see his memoir). But even as great as Zappa is (and he is!), he will never have the cultural impact that Santana has.

oh i am laughin

I know that Santana wasn't offended and he finds it quite funny:
>Q:There's a Frank Zappa instrumental called 'Variations of the Carlos Santana Secret Chord Progression'. Have you heard it?

>CS:Oh yes. I've heard it and I laughed my butt off, you know. I thought it was really funny. I met him a couple of times and I was always in awe of his mind. I think his mind, much like Prince, is pretty amazing. I thought it was in good fun. I believe on the same record he made fun of Bob Dylan (presumably a reference to 'Flakes'), so I was just really grateful to be in the company of Bob Dylan and Frank Zappa. As far as the other kind of stuff, it is true that I'm very limited on the harmony chord texture but at the same time, I'm very grateful that I get to play with John Lee Hooker and Wayne Shorter. I used to be harder on myself for not knowing the things that other people know. Then again, I feel things Frank Zappa could never feel, so I think it's pretty even Stevens. I was sad when he left because I think we need forces like him to show us and share with us Mozart-like operas and Mozart-like involved muscle intellect (laughs).
afka.net/Articles/1995-01_Tmershi_Duween.htm

BASED Santana

It's a fitting gif for 95% of all music produced in the western world.

(just kidding, it's actually 100%)

He was 40-50 years old when he did that shit. His label just found him whoever was hot and available, and it worked out flawlessly.

Carlos was already rich, but that set him up for the rest of his life and likely took care of his entire family.

Also, what I love about all of those songs of that era is that you get really generic sambas and mambos as composed by white people for white (or black Rnb) voices. Then you just get Carlos soloing on guitar literally nonstop for the entirety of every song. It's amazing.