I finally quit my horrible job at Walmart...

I finally quit my horrible job at Walmart. I hated working at that awful shithole in a way that defies description in any human language. I don't think humans are actually capable of hating as deeply as I hated that awful company and my store specifically; I think the year I spent there propelled me into a new stage of evolution, into a new species whose only ecological niche is despising fucking Walmart.

Why did it suck so bad?
>The pace and workload was insane.
It wasn't at all unusual for them to send me 11-13 hours worth of freight and allot me 6 hours to stock it.
>Our equipment was defective
Half the Telzones were glitchy, I don't think we had four good wheels between all of our rocket carts, let alone on any given one, and the box cutter they issued me? I wouldn't use that cheap piece of shit to slash my throat; it surely wouldn't actually sever my carotid, but just as surely would kill me via tetanus 3 weeks later.
>The other shifts were incompetent and made more work for my team.
We're talking beyond ineptitude; this was some next-level clusterfuckery.
>Our store managers were incompetent
I wouldn't trust these faggots to 'manage' a fantasy goddamn football team.

Comon m8 it's not that bad

>Pathways. Fucking. Goddamn. Pathways.
Pathways is Walmart's mandatory computer training program. It's mandatory, you have to do it in six months or they fucking fire you. Problem is you can only do it during you regularly scheduled hours with your supervisor's permission, and they never fucking gave anyone permission. Theoretically, when you finish your assigned work they'd let you do it; practically, they always assign you more work.

So I wound up going over the deadline and having it extended every month, on the grounds that I was indispensable (employee of the month within 90 days of being hired; I was actually pretty good at my job). But still, for every day for 6 months my job was in constant jeopardy because my bosses were cunts.

And also Pathways was fucking useless; it was the most pointless thing I've ever done on a PC and I used to play WoW. Every bit of information I ever learned was either self-evident ('Don't lie down in the cardboard baler.' 'In the event of a fire, exit, out the fire exit') or wrong.

Hated that fucking job so much.

But it's all behind me now. Landed a job at a call center making a third again as much as Walmart paid me, with way better benefits. I am done with that hellhole forever; I don't even plan to shop there again.

Oh, it was that bad. I can say without reservation it was the worst job I ever had, and among my previous contenders were custodian, dishwasher, and frycook at Bennigan's.

I'm guessing you were cap 2?

Seems like people always complain about their retail jobs but mine is pretty sweet, not sure if I lucked out or most people are just morons. That being said I'm certain Wal Mart is actually hell. All the employees have a dead look on their face; like it's mandatory they kill their pet before they come into work. Either that or they don't speak a lick of English.

I have never heard anything positive about that place

Cap 3.
>implying they'd ever assign cap 2 thirteen hours of freight in six hours

All cap 2 did at my store was put a dent in my first pallet and then spend their last half hour hanging around, commenting on the asses and tits of passing female customers in fucking Spanish.

if you having a problem with to many non english speaking workers in your town you can quickly and easily fix that. you just report them to immigration control. next thing you know all of your businesses around you have fresh brand new english speaking workers.

I honestly don't have a huge issue with them since they usually do their jobs well and are actually happy to be there just think it shows how awful Wal Mart is if the only people enjoying it are the ones that compare it to living in Mexico

Just because you hated it doesn't mean everyone has to, it's your fault for deciding to work inside the store.. all I do is push carts and my day usually goes good, all I do is clock in and clock out.. I stay away from all the drama that workers inside stir up as much as much possible, never eat inside the breakroom etcc..

Easy money for me

tfw i am a department manager at walmart

I have from a few old-timers, but they were all people who started there in the 90s at the latest, when it was actually a pretty decent place to work. More employees per hundred square feet, better benefits that got grandfathered in for them, etc. They realized that it was a worse place to work now than when they got hired, but it's like that Victor Hugo quote goes, "Men become accustomed to poison by degrees".

any horror stories?

every day is a horror story, all we do is shine turds all day, the company is going downhill but corporate is too proud to admit it

Do you mean your store specifically is going downhill or the company in general, and why for either, are sales declining or something?

>Just because you hated it doesn't mean everyone has to,
1. Quote when I said everyone else had to, please.
2. Everyone else did. Barring the lifers who had been there long enough to earn the max pay for their positions and to be grandfathered in past the bullshit, everyone on staff hated it. Our store had a the highest turnover rate in the district, 67%. I was the only only person hired in January of last year who made it a year; most of my co-workers hired on two subsequent batches afterwards have already washed out.

The store definitely and the company probably, we just went from being a 24 hour store to closing at midnight because of declining sales and rising theft.

Walmart produce worker here
This job is easy as fuck, im on my phone for hours most of the time.

IT'S RATBOY, COMING THROUGH!

I can't imagine the theft in a Wal Mart I feel like it would be worth it to hire security but maybe that doesn't help at all.

Sounds like you're just a slow worker, probably lazy and entitles too. I doubt you quit, Walmart probably fired you for being a lazybones. Guess that liberal arts degree hasn't paid for itself, huh?

Try being a fucking CSM for 10 years. Then you can talk to me about Walmart sucking shit. I was so miserable from that job, that I had a nervous breakdown from years of building stress. Obviously, not all of coming from customers being shit. The entire Walmart atmosphere from a worker's perspective is hostile and aggressive. Management that sits in the back while they bark orders to the 1-2 managers running the ENTIRE front end bogs you down. You literally break yourself for that dollar raise, only to get that bullshit 40 cent raise every year.

I tried to sue Walmart, but they were very good at twisting my decaying mental health on "outside influences". Apparently confiding in upper management(whom I thought were somewhat friends) about the end of a long-term relationship is something they felt to report to the Store Manager which got sent to corporate.

>declining sales and rising theft.
These are actually two major problems for Walmart as a company. People stopped shopping there as often due to the various stigmas against it, which prompted them to stock cheaper merchandise to cut costs. Mainstays furniture, Hyper Tough tools, Supertech car supplies, any off-brand they carry is palpably shittier than what they might have stocked ten years ago. This leads to less customers willing to buy their bullshit and furthers the death spiral.

Which leads to their second cost-cutting measure, cutting hours. There are just a bit more than half as many employees per hundred square foot of ground as there might have been 12-15 years ago, and employee presence is the number one deterrent to theft. All the cameras and security scanners in the world do not deter a shoplifter as well as the presence of one associate who's in position to see a thief steal something. As the employee/hundred sq ft ratio decreases (I think it averages 1/526 sq ft now?), theft goes up, and profit goes down. Another vicious cycle.

And I for one say "good". I hate that fucking company, I want them to fail, no offense to this department manager or any current employee but that beast needs to die. Fuck. Walmart.

Good day fagits, I used to work at a burger joint called Whataburger a long time ago. When I worked there i noticed that the management where complete assholes to their employees. The majority of employees would tell each other how the GM liked to mess with them. Sometimes they (including me) would ask for a specific day off in advance and they would agree to it. Then they would out of nowhere tell them to show up early that day and threaten them with a write up if they didn't show up. Trust me, Whataburger makes heavenly burgers, but my ex-location has a secret ingredient... Our tears... Some of my friends who still work there say that things haven't changed in fact gotten worse. And I'll be damned if I let this reign of tirranny last one more second! I know you guys aren't my private army, but I can't do this by myself... Please my dudes, join me and together we'll tech them a lesson! (915) 921_6813. And tell them to stop taking advantage of their employees! Be creative.

>be me
>get out of Army
>say I'd never work for walmart
>work for walmart
>do my job
>don't participart in the typical high school drama
>after one year become department manager
>one year later become support
>6 months later apply for ASM
>boom, making 48k in a metro store

I'm not saying it's a glorious life but jesus fuck, if you just apply yourself and don't be retarded, it's the easiest job to advance in ever. 90% of the kids i see complaining about how horrible it is and how much they hate it, are the same asshats that stand around bullshitting and spreading drama instead of doing what they get paid to do. Do your fucking job.

No, I a fucking phenom. Employee of the month within my first 90 days of being hired; continually had my deadline on fucking goddamn Pathways extended on the grounds that I was indispensable, widely reputed among cap 3 as the fastest stocker on shift. Although that wasn't accurate, we had this one colored fellow in frozen who was more than twice as fast as me. If I would throw four cases a minute, he'd put away 9 without any visible effort. It's just nobody else knew how fast he really was because he resented having to carry slower co-workers and never applied himself when anyone but me was working with him, so when the two of us wiped out 25 hours of freight in frozen 6 hours, the miracle was given to me and the legend became that I pissed miracles and shat granted wishes...

What was I on about? Oh, right, naw you're a cunt and you don't know shit about shit.

I must be working in the right state cause California Walmarts are always packed imo.. Mostly thanks to Hispanics

SPICUCK HERE
EAT MY RAW HIDE SHIT

Write a letter to President Trump. He promised to make America great again. You need to be first in line.