What did mid-late 2000's kids listen to/are listening to?

What did mid-late 2000's kids listen to/are listening to?

Kanye, Bieber, Katy Perry

Dean Blunt mostly.

There's not a soul alive that listens to Katy Perry
She has been forced down the general public's throat since 2008. People listening to Katy Perry is just Stockholm Syndrome.

coldplay

Memerap

i guess my gf singing i kissed a girl and i liked it was a dream

If you mean now, I could agree, I forget Katy Perry exists most of the time, but I was a huge fan sporadically from 2008-2013ish (usually the interest would peak when she released a new album and then I'd get tired of it, One of the Boys is still the best album by far)

A teenage dream.

Bon Iver
Angels of Light
The Ramones

Oh shit

GY!BE
Swans
Animal Collective

Pink Floyd, The Mars Volta, Phil Collins, Mike Oldfield, Nujabes

1998 reporting in

My favourite artists include:
Robert Wyatt
Einstürzende Neubauten
Sven Grünberg
Shabaka Hutchings

I started taking music more seriously when I was around 14-15. Before that I was pretty much a pleb.

There's two types really there's the ones you'll see the most which just listen to whatever is popular and the other type listen to 90s rock, 80s New Wave, and modern underground bands

1998 here, currently listening to Quas and velvet underground. Mid high school got really into punk.

G Easy

What?

Your music taste is obviously curated to sound patrician and immediately turn anyone off in wanting to relate to you

What are you talking about?

They are all rather well known artists, Sup Forums loves Wyatt and Neubauten is pretty entry level industrial music.

Just because you like Kanye, Pink Floyd, etc. doesn't mean everyone should

I dont like kanye and I'm not big on Floyd, but it's pretty obvious your music taste is deliberately obscure

Egypt
Swans
Vektor
Tantara
Atheist
Death
Evildead
Toxik
Forbidden
Voivod
Sabbat
Psychotic Waltz

Your gf was also a dream

For an average music listener Death Grips, GY!BE and Slint are also obscure. I just didn't expect a Sup Forumstant calling Wyatt, Neubauten and Shabaka obscure.
I'll give you Grünberg, but he is very famous in my country since he is from here.

Lil Uzi
xxxtentacion
FamousDex

Everyone else on this thread is retarded, I cannot think of a single kid I know that listens to Pink Floyd

Kid's don't listen to soundcloud rappers either