How come some animals can eat their own poop and some animals have extremely toxic poop?

How come some animals can eat their own poop and some animals have extremely toxic poop?
I mean, we humans basically poop poison. Why is that?

Other urls found in this thread:

gawker.com/5985723/can-you-eat-your-own-poop
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Okay I don't know but I'm trying to find out.

im no expert, but i think it may be because of the speed of metabolism. smaller animals, like rabbits, break down food quickly and have shorter intestines, so they don't have the time to fully absorb the nutrients in their food. so when they poop it out, they eat it again to digest what hasn't been. on the other side, youhave cows, horses, elephants, who have longer digestive tubes or whatever you call them, so they are more capable of absorbing the nutrients. thats why their feces are more smellier and grosser that smaller animals.

again, im no expert and i dont have a single fucking idea why i wrote this down.

Diet,intestine bacterial flora, survival benefits, and parasite content.

Some animals don't have a very complex stomach. This is good! It saves room, saves power, and so on. But that means they may need to re-eat their feces to get 100% out of it. They dont mind; it doesn't taste especially bad to them. Depending on the animal it might not taste especialyl bad to us either. Super-fancy coffee is often made from beans that have been crapped out by some strange weasel, washed off, then put in a package.

Some animals eat their feces to hide, themselves or their young. Humans can track animals based on where they shit and their footprints, and we aren't unique in doing so. Tigers do it, dogs do it, foxes do it. The feces isn't super toxic to them, so they just crap it out later where it's safe: Away from their babies and home.

Some animals are simply swarming with hardcore monsters. They fuck predators up by being 99% poison; nibble the wrong thing inside-part and you are fucked. Just like no one eats the shiny, glowing, brightly colored poison frogs.

Usually has to do with diet and the presence of parasites. Normally omnivores and carnivores have more disgusting shit. Horses are horrible for parasites so they will specifically avoid their own excrement. Also to the short/long digestion guy, it's not smaller animals than have faster metabolism, but hunters. Grazing animals must eat a lot more and expend small amounts of energy for small amounts of food. Humans and other predators go longer periods of time without eating and must expend much more energy for a bigger meal

also... I think that we as humans, who eat meat have poop that is full of more microbes and such that can make you sick.
If you talk to someone whos in the know about fertilizer they will tell you that an animals poop, one that only eats plants, is the best kind of fertilizer, a humans poop is not that good to grow things with because we eat meat.

This. Look up coprophagy/coprovores if you want to learn more about em

>omnivores and carnivores
Horses eat meat?

Horses eat horse meat because when they fight they bite.
They mostly kick, but they sure do bite.

>I mean, we humans basically poop poison. Why is that?

This is now a "things I wonder about" thread.

- Why do men have nipples?

- Why is blue so rare in nature? I mean, the fucking sky is blue, shouldn't there be blue deer or something?

- Speaking of poop, why is one of the sexist parts of the body one that drains poop?

- Why not a Manhattan project to cure baldness or genital warts? Those two things have caused more misery than Pearl fuckin' Harbor?

- Why does food that tastes so good cause so much harm? Shouldn't our taste/smell guide us to healthy foods?

- Why don't Asian broads have tits?

>poop poison
Someone doesn't know about scat play

You can technically eat your own shit assuming you don't let it sit because the bacteria on it is from your body and it won't kill you. If you eat shit from somebody else or something else the bacteria is foreign to your body and it will kill you.

What's the sauce on that image, OP?

(checked)

An old, relatively obscure cartoon from 2001 or 2002.

>Why do men have nipples?
So you feed your manmilk to your children.
>Why is blue so rare in nature? I mean, the fucking sky is blue, shouldn't there be blue deer or something?
If they sky is already blue and the ocean blue then you live in a blue world. Faggot.
>Speaking of poop, why is one of the sexist parts of the body one that drains poop?
Because sodomy... and psychological domination. If you meant sexiest, it isn't. You are a closet faggot.
>Why not a Manhattan project to cure baldness or genital warts? Those two things have caused more misery than Pearl fuckin' Harbor?
Because Rothschilds doesn't give a single fuck.
>Why does food that tastes so good cause so much harm? Shouldn't our taste/smell guide us to healthy foods?
Flavors is a rainbow. There is people that don't like sweetness.
>Why don't Asian broads have tits?
Because Oceania is not Asia. Their are chink niggers.

>Actually believing this
The bacteria inside your body is contained in a place where isn't harmful. You can wreck your skin if you leave shit smeared on it.

>Speaking of poop, why is one of the sexist parts of the body one that drains poop?
I can shed a little light on that. The reproductive organs, being vitally important, are usually kept in the "safest" place on the animal. Usually way in the back, or otherwise hidden. We also poop from the back end because billions of years ago primitive life moved in one direction, ate what was in front of it, and left the poop behind.

The fact that the sexy part is also the pooping part is just an unfortunate consequence.

>I mean, we humans basically poop poison. Why is that?
It isn't.
As a scatfag, I have consumed human feces before. Didn't even upset my stomach, it was just like eating any other food. As long as the pooper is healthy, pretty much all of the bacteria found in their poop will be found in any other person's digestive tract. It's only when the poop is allowed to fester, or if it enters anything other than the digestive tract, that things start to get dicey.

I can sort of see by the drawing style/the feel of it.

I don't care how much actual shit you've eaten, there is intestinal bacteria that is incredibly toxic if it gets in the upper parts of your digestive system. Why do you think sanitation and handwashing is such a big deal in the food industry? Just because you haven't gotten violently ill yet from eating shit doesn't mean its perfectly fine to do.

Christ you fetish-fags always have some delusion to excuse your shit as "not that bad"

You're just objectively wrong, dude. In a healthy individual, there is nothing in their poop that your digestive system will flip out over.
Your own fecal matter, if you're healthy, isn't why you should wash your hands often while preparing food, it's the stuff present in wherever ingredients you're using.

gawker.com/5985723/can-you-eat-your-own-poop

You are factually correct. That said, you should not.

You cannot verify health by just "I'm not coughing" or "My arm isn't turning blue". The amount of effort to fully verify you aren't bringing harm to yourself even while healthy makes doing so a very niche thing.

Consume a partner's feces? Even worst. They have different bacterial flora, so Healthy for them is probably Unhealthy for you.