Its finally happening

Its finally happening

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xmXp802sFgQ
m.youtube.com/watch?v=xmXp802sFgQ
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

THE EU IS CANON AGAIN!

EVERYONE PICK OUT YOUR FAVORITE CHARACTER AND TELL DISNEY TO MAKE A NOVEL ABOUT THEM

KYLE KATARN IS NEXT

Long live the king

GILAD
I
L
A
D

>pupil

I don't even care about this thread, I just popped in to say fuck you.

Katarn is based.
>There will never be a sequel to Jedi Outcast with the same mechanics and a well paced story

LUUKE IS MY FAVORITE

Why do people care about what is official canon and what's not not? Unless you're just excited about the possibilities of Thrawn getting his own movie then I just don't get it. I ignore what I don't like about the SW universe, like midichlorians, and everything's cool. Also I want to play Jedi Outcast now.

>KYLE KATARN
Literal mary sue

I would normally agree if it was any other franchise, but the star wars canon really is so intertwined where everything effects everything else, something as simple as Thrawn being canon really could have a major impact on not only the movies, but the comic books, tv shows, video games, etc

Because if it's canon, that means that it will continue to exist in the universe and can potentially be featured in sequels, videos games, comics, etc.

Headcanon fanwankery is silly. You can pretend midichlorians don't exist all you want, but they do.

KK has already been cucked. Get over it.

Dash Rendar and the rest of the shadows of the empire stuff.

Mara Jade

Removed from the bullshit and hack writing of the old EU she would be an awesome character.

Dr. Erso, I'm ISB

Meanwhile

It just boggles my mind since the entire time I was into the EU it was just fans creating what they wanted and everything worked out fine. Now that Disney has the rights though I guess it is pretty simple why it matters more now.

If midichlorians are given any serious mention in Disney products though I'll eat my hat. Everyone wants to forget George came up with that crap.

I love blue space Rommel.

Why'd they change his eyes, though? I thought the flat red with no iris/pupil was a more interesting look. Maybe it wouldn't play as well on screen, though? And this is just a preview of that?

Luuuke is better

Wat a Hunk no homo

soon

Aphra is going to be next.

Why do people hate midichlorians so much? Such a minor plot element in movie one rustled so many jimmies.

This looks retarded.

Goodbye again, star wars.

>it's a 'head canon is the real canon' episode

+1

What looks so retarded by it?

Enjoy the midichlorian tree in episode 8

Because it came out of fucking nowhere and seemed to contradict the OT description of the force. Lucas clumsily introduced a confusing new element to a major pillar of Star Wars mythology for seemingly no reason and it ultimately went nowhere.

reminder that the thrawn trilogy is not that good if you actually go back and read it

It was just an example of something that has no bearing on the "real" story of Star Wars, I could have just as easily have picked Anakin building C-3PO.

this desu. thrawn is a meme

I started reading the first book and got about 100 pages in. Boring.

Completely this. I picked up the first book again and it's painfully obvious it's written for children.

They really should just merge him with Corran Horn. They basically have the same backstory.

>"I will appreciate the art of your COLD CORPSES!" *spits*

Who will play him in the inevitable biopic?

Real happy for you guys

OUTTA MY WAY BIPEDAL FUCKING SHITS!!!!

Fund it

>make Thrawn canon but not Pellaeon

what is even the point?

I'm surprised they haven't already done something with Mara Jade since she's muh stronk female

Only Heir to the Empire is good, and only for Thrawn. He makes the trilogy in one book, maybe one fucking scene.

this is the only thing necessary...i want outrider hijinks

>tfw centaur kino simply does not exist

My nigga, Based Horn doesn't get mentioned enough.

It's funny, Heir and Dark Apprentice are the only inches I've kept over the years. There's plenty of good stories though.

Is that a new book?

Like a canon book?

If this book works out I can see it happening after Episode 8. I think right now they are delibaretely not touching post-rotj luke just to avoid any sort of overkill or too much info before 8

Yes and yes

Where does the info about Thrawn as the Empire's "thirteenth grand admiral" come from?

Yes.

Because I'm one of the ten people who liked Star Wars Legacy and I'll never get another adaptation.

Corran Horn was a cop though

I thought it was great. The force worms were a little silly, but otherwise it was a solid trilogy. Bane was better though desu

>You're a big Sith

Hes also going to be in Rebels

Bump

Teneniel Djo and young Tenel Ka please.

And then have Tenel Ka as Kylo's thing for Ep 9.

Dark Troopers are also canon now if anyone cares

I want Palpy clones NOW

>tfw KoTOR II will never be canon
>tfw there will never be a good film/miniseries adaption of the rebuilt jedi enclave

>fans created what they wanted.

no the whole thing was supervised by publishing companies paid by lucas...

It didn't work out fine. Most of each series was good but they fit together terribly. They didn't even care about coordinating novels between respective series until Vector Prime. Which ultimately hurt that and all following books because of so much shit they had to carry on. (especially the youth books the corellian trilogy and kevin j anderson's trilogy)

Mads brother is voicing Trawn in Rebels, it couldn't be more fitting.

...they literally just announced it, twat.

Given how dramatically different the end of the Empire/birth of the Republic is in Disney canon I have no idea how they can fit this into the plot anymore.

WHY
THE FUCK
DO THEY KEEP BRINGING BACK MAUL
Jesus fuck just let him be dead already.

youtube.com/watch?v=xmXp802sFgQ

FUCKING HYPPE

Because he is going to Train Ezra in the ways of the sith and then Ezra will go full Dark Jedi

I would have to inspect the content of the book, but originally Thrawn was forced to lead a frontier fleet on the fringe of the galaxy when the emperor died. They could spin this very easily as the grandmaster of the Core Worlds empire, or he could represent another 'Order' fleet, or any number of other ways to enter the series.

They can't handle that he was a bad villain, they keep trying to redeem him.

Him surviving being cut in half was dumb, but he's been GOAT since then so I don't even mind.

My nigga

They are probably keeping him around so that he can show up in the Obi-Wan Kenobi stand alone film.

So why the fuck don't they refer to him as a "Grand Admiral" in the credits of Rogue One? Disney is such a fuck up..

There's no way they could expect the average movie goer to know the history between them.

WAIT JUST A SECOND

ARE THOSE YSALAMIR BEHIND THRAWN?

Bringing back Maul was a great decision. It did wonders for his character.

Just statues. They confirmed the actual creature is not in it

No, but they'd remember him from that otherwise forgettable prequel and throw their popcorn up in the air and start whooping and howling when he reveals his robo-legs and taunts him about Liam Neeson.

>Disney kills the EU
>Instead of coming up with something better they just loot the EU but make most of the (already bad) ideas even worse

this began with TFA and will continue into perpetuity

>Taunts him about Neeson
>But not his mando waifu
That would piss me off pretty bad

>still posting that book cover and trying to pass it as concept art

Can't wait until they make a KOTOR trilogy, and and spend 30 minutes on Nihilus establishing the gloomy, angst filled life he lives in a long emotional monologue while eating several solar systems at the same time.

Based gilad

I thought that was the character whose name they stole from the EU

>Disney raping Kotor

pls stop

they also stole the idea for Han/Leia's kid that went to the dark side

can't remember his name though

Darth Revan

>Benedict as Thrawn

user, be gentle...

I legitimately wish Lucas was still EP

>Don't let Disney rape Kotor

Fun fact:
If you overlay the new Canon map with the old one, and take a look at the map from TFA?
It just so happens that the planet Luke was hiding on is right around where the Rakatan Homeworld was.
This, with Luke having gone off to "find something" and leaving behind map fragments, leading to a semi-oceanic planet that just so happens to fit the bill of the Rakatan Empire, in a movie where the First Order under the leadership of a mysterious entity who is supposedly "not a Sith" according to JJ but can teach the dark side of the force, built a space station that harnesses the power of stars.

It has already begun.

And that's not mentioning Rebels using actual Kotor spaceship designs, bringing up Malachor, ancient powers beyond imagination and of course Kylo's ultra edgy mask that looks like Revans by complete and total coincidence, even though his lightsaber is a relic from the Mandalorian Wars where Revan turned to the dark side.

It has long begun.

>tfw your waif was replaced by some desert rat who might be evil

RIP Jaina Solo

KotORII was awful, though, why would you ever want it to be canon?

GET HYPED NIGGERS

m.youtube.com/watch?v=xmXp802sFgQ

more delta squad

you better be a lying ruseman or I'm going to kill myself