By what age should you have outgrown metal, /mu?

By what age should you have outgrown metal, /mu?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=a2F3XNwVUeE
youtube.com/watch?v=FkYCZnEpFAE
youtube.com/watch?v=9-gRJ-fHDjI
youtube.com/watch?v=X1X0Bejwnko
youtube.com/watch?v=IMnTu0eK_iY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

11-13

4 or 5 6 tops

It's more of a time period thing
if you get into metal when you're 21 you lose interest about a year later
If you discover it when you're 12 you can lose interest when you're 13

trips

I grew out of it for the most part by the time I turned 20, but my interest had been on a decline since 15.

wow what an original and insightful opinion op

A lot of it's samey but don't let metalheads hear that

because I stared to take violin lessons and I was taught that metal is plebeian music

t. Nu-males

you should've outgrown hating entire genres (especially large, varied genres like metal) at about 13. around the same time you should have stopped caring about image and what you're "supposed" to like

happy to see enough time has passed that the Golden Age memes are making a comeback

fpbp

>varied genres like metal
>metal
>varied

What no I hate metal
I'm just saying you can't grow out of something you never got into

pleb
youtube.com/watch?v=a2F3XNwVUeE
youtube.com/watch?v=FkYCZnEpFAE
youtube.com/watch?v=9-gRJ-fHDjI
youtube.com/watch?v=X1X0Bejwnko

i hate this meme,
anyone who ""grows out"" of metal was never really into it, i used to feel like that when i was 17, when i was 15-16 i used to love judas priest and 80s thrash (voivod, kreator and slayer) but i soon lost interest by the time i found bands like sonic youth and smashing pumpkins

and then i found death's leprosy and havent looked back since

>t. someone who listens to the music they listen to purely out of enjoying the music they listen to

Wow such variety

Your feeble mind is keeping you from letting go of this junk rock. Trading one old turd for a new isn't progressing your tastes.

compelling case

I thought I grew out of it when I was 16ish, but now In my 20s I enjoy it again.

utterly retarded thought process. let people enjoy the music they enjoy and keep your patrician tastes to yourself, faggot

>anyone who ""grows out"" of metal was never really into it
ah, the no true scottsman fallacy.

that's the same amount of time though

Around 13-14, end of middle school early high school. Eventually you'll get back into it doe.

I'll never grow out of metal, but the only metal i listen to is Stoner or Sludge

muh nibba

Never did vato, wanna know why?
BECAUSE I AM NOT A FOOOKIN FALSIE MATE

So you did grow out if it

Dismissing genres and not having a varied music taste is pretty childish

>not having a varied music taste is pretty childish
I agree, which is why metal is such a bad genre.

How so ?

lmao

>argument

>

Depends on lots of variables. If you suffer from some sort of masculinity complex that makes you desperate to look 'manly' then you're probably going to wear Iron Maiden t-shirts your whole life and look like a twat. A lot of people jump onto music genres as substitutes for a personality because of self-consciousness issues and metal (specifically the dirt worst of it) has been a constant base for that through the years, where other genres have came and went.
If you have mental anxieties you're prone to not grow out of shit-tier metal.

If you think 'growing out of [genre]' is a thing then you suffer from the same disorders, but are trying to look cool under an adjacent adopted personality trait.
There are good metal acts, there are good everythings.

>there are good everythings
lmao

Your lack of an argument means you can't dispute my point. If there is a classification then there will always be a good/successful example of something belonging to said classification. Basic language, basic logic.

If you're going to post at least produce content, thanks.

Your entire post is based on metal having value. It's all wrong fuck off fedora.

>this thread every week
>no thread about asking people if they've grown out of hip-hop

Hip-Hop is the most juvenile genre there is

Never grew into traditional metal

>If there is a classification then there will always be a good/successful example of something belonging to said classification.
Classification: Music
Good/Successful example of something belonging to said classification: Not metal.

Oh shit

Seeed confirmed good from Sup Forums's mouth.

brb, jamming
youtube.com/watch?v=IMnTu0eK_iY

Early twenties then come back to it when you're divorced