Physical Albums

I bought sum CDs today(pic), what do ya think?

Who else here still buys physical albums? Discuss and if so then show us your collection.

Are they superior?
Also discuss how you feel about physical albums.

Other urls found in this thread:

discogs.com/user/darumswizel/collection
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Nice dadrock

I recently started collecting physical albums again.

I think the are better for their feeling of physicality and ownership.
There's something nice about slipping a cassette or CD or placing a vinyl onto the player which kinda make me appreciate music more than just pointing and clicking. You have to hold it, feel it and then place it into the machine and then looking up at all of the albums up on a shelf like books.

Feels good man.

Kek, thanks. These are still pretty good albums so I don't care. I also listen to grandadrock (Elvis) :).

Meh, not one of the better Floyd albums imo. The Pistols are just a novelty act to me, decent album though I guess.

I heard songs from it and liked it. I spooted these three in a shop today and they were all cheap so I got them.

What do you think of punk as a whole. I thought the sex pistols were quite goodm

Fucking jarre
10/10 my man

I occasionally buy them, if I can't pirate an album. So, my "collection" is fairly small.
Honestly, buying the stuff in your pic feels unnecessary. All three albums were massive hits, so do you really think the musicians care wether someone buys an another copy?

Have you listened to Oxy 3? Thoughts?

I feel like a used copy of Oxygene exists in every single record store.

the title track suiter (another brick in the wall), goodbye blue sky and comfortably numb are the only good songs on the whole album. the rest is pure filler and dadrocky rock opera tripe

Physical albums are nice to collect, even when you realise there's no reason to have them.
I can never fully trust a digital collection, though rot will probably hit some of the cheaper CDs at some point.

Recently went into a music shop for the first time in a while.
Flicking through albums is insanely comfy while they play stuff on speakers.
Bought Carrie & Lowell, MBDTF and Little Creatures.

Don't get me wrong, some songs on The Wall are absolutely superb. Overall I find it to be overlong though. Hope you enjoy it anyway, I can see why some people hail it as their best.

I like some punk but I listen pretty sparingly. I can't sit through a whole album of punk rock typically, but in short bursts it can be okay. I just find it a bit one dimensional and repetitive. That said, The Clash are probably my favourite band of all time. Their debut and GEER are both great but they become even more brilliant as they experiment and branch out musically with London Calling and Sandinista in my opinion. That's one problem I have with punk fans; as soon as a good punk band branches out or tries to do something interesting with the genre they bash them for not being purists. Seems a bit silly to me.

I like owning phyicals copies. This is my first time with jarre, haven't listened yet but heard great things about it

True, op here and I bought it in a store in a town in Ireland

Exactly
Dunno, I'm gonna listen again to see
I feel more or less the same about punk

Show us collection?

Yeah, he's good. If you enjoy Oxygene, Equinoxe and Magnetic Fields should be up your alley. However, I personally prefer Zoolook and Concerts in China, which have a more experimental sound (lots of sampling). After Rendezvous he became somewhat inconsistent, so be careful with buying.

Yeah I'm looking forward to it.

Hd actually bought Mbdtf. You're a walking meme my man. Youre a stupid fuck. Stop taking music so seriously and get a life. If not listen to better music.

It was mainly off a friend's recommendation, though I couldn't stop thinking about mucore the whole time.
Listening to it now, it's actually pretty nice.

i got this one, blues and roots by charles mingus and sweetheart at the rodeo this weekend.
I'm currently making a list of records that my friend and I are going to listen to when he gets back in town

>taking music so seriously
ironic
not that user but what's wrong with buying albums you like even if the mastering is shit? it's not hurting you personally

Here's my discogs collection
discogs.com/user/darumswizel/collection
And pic related is my latest purchase
Nice Jarre user, great album

Nice

Nice, is discogs just an online music retailer or something?

Nice

Here lately I've been having to use the back-up car, and it just has a CD player so I've been collecting physical media here lately just to give me something to listen to and from work (which is perfect, as the combined distance traveled is equal to that of the standard album length)

not exactly a collection that reflects my taste completely, but you can see what I've been feeling lately

I like them

Ordered this on Friday when it came out.

Won these two Reatards singles last night

I have a massive CD collection. Listening to these few before bed

i still buy them every now and then. just got the new steel panther a couple days ago on cd

It's a database and marketplace. Plus you can log your physical collection. It's honestly my preffered way to find new music.

got these yesterday

Nice Jarre. I wouldn't recommend buying remasters, though. Almost every remaster I've heard has sounded worse than the original issue. Usually the problem is the bass gets increased too much, or is removed altogether. Find the original issues if you ever can, they're worth it.

there is literally nothing wrong with buying remasters tho, unless one got seriously fucked up and it got publicized.

My man I bought an album off of you lmao

Really, I promise you, it's worth it

bump

Also some of the artwork on vinyl is amazing