You literally can't name a better edm album

you literally can't name a better edm album.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ckMvj1piK58
youtube.com/watch?v=k4SazUkiqzU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Discovery is overrated. There are only 5 songs on that album that are actually good. Homework beats Discovery by a long shot when talking about EDM.

Homework gave us around the work and da funk, but it's a great album to kick off a golden age of electronic music

Pic related is a godly song

You forgot Revolution 909

Oh shit. My bad. Maybe also put burnin' as well because of alive 2007

>EDM
>Album
ISHYGDDT

WIND IT UP

this is literally the pinnacle of edm
youtube.com/watch?v=ckMvj1piK58

I would argue that Guetta is the most influential as far as the general sound/formula of modern EDM goes (for better or worse).

Knife party is really the culprate, right behind skrillex

Nah his songs are a bit more poppy for the trash we have now.

Knife Party's LRAD is probably the most influential electronic tune of the last 10 years. Unfortunately.

If anything, internet friends and bonfire are the ones that made people want dubstep, but it was a saturation of dubstep in 2011-2013. That's why the genre kept dipping up until last year, with some good new producers like myro, and rebirth of the wub sound

You mean Brostep and that's been dead for around 3 years. Now we have trap which is the worst thing since the black death.

Brostep is slowly dying and turning into riddim, but the problem is repetition. Oolacile and cookie monsta make some good stuff, but the issue is being original. But people like stabby, phiso, murda, dr ozi, and soltan have been the main leaders for dubstep now, with the veterans taking steps back

If anything, listen to dirtyphonics remix of wondering, then listen to wavedash-Like that. That's how much dubstep has changed

Avicii - True brought drop focused EDM into the mainstream. All of Guetta/Daft Punk's big singles in the US weren't really anything different from the dance club music of the time.

Aw fucking hell can electronic music even be saved now that nobody has an attention span and everybody can get access to the tools?

I'd argue scary monsters and nice sprites also is an influential piece, but that is skrillexes best piece of work. That noisia remix included came out of left field

Riddim is a power word thrown around by kids used to justify the fact that they enjoy repetitive, simple dubstep. Every brostep artist starts out making 'riddim' because it's all they know how to make at the time before their style evolves.

Wavedash isn't even considered 'riddim' by any standards, but I'll bite. Artists like phiso and soltan are drops in the bucket. To say they're on the same level as artists like Getter/Zomboy/Excision or even Snails is a farce. Because they're releasing MORE, that doesn't mean their releases are better or more popular. |

this whole thread is concentrated cancer

I hate riddim if it's produced lazily, but if you make it work and it fits the sound system, it is addictive. Dubstep now, however, lacks the originality of 2009-2013. Look at stuff like snarebox-bounce or 16 bits remix of machine gun, which were ahead of their time. Now, you are considered amazing if you rip off subscape or the others.

And to add along, dubstep albums are rare, especially on CD's or vinyl. KTN, datsik, excision, zomboy, dabin, and hopefully a new moody good album are the standard, and few can do that well.

It's more of a thing you listen to for fun. Funtcase isn't the guy you use for a normal music talk, but guys like burial, benga, proxima, and the others are what Sup Forums likes. Plus DnB albums are a lot better and have a long lasting period. Even stuff like dom and Roland industry holds up well, compared to recess

Once again you're talking about Brostep. Go listen to some fucking Deep medi or some shit.

Dude, brostep is dubstep. It's the same fucking thing. It's still the same tempos minus the use of synths and bass

Fuck yeah, never see C&K on Sup Forums. Not better but fun as fuck album.

As a foundation, yeah. Discovery refines it into something that created an impact though, I would argue.

Underrated

Personal preference, I prefer Cross. Man, the French house boom that only lasted like two years that came from that album was badass.

Memes. Skrillex, Knife Party, and the big room house boom by W&W and friends created what we think of NOW as EDM.

>brostep is dubstep
Okay, yeah.
>It's the same fucking thing.
Okay, no. Brostep is a subgenre of dubstep.

>Homework beats Discovery by a long shot
Nah
YAH

Fuck that shit. You clearly haven't been exposed to that real UK shit
youtube.com/watch?v=k4SazUkiqzU

Camo and krooked sadly should be seen by Sup Forums
This board would really like stuff like all night or loving you is easy.

I just want a good album from them now

Mosiak drops in 6 weeks, man. I have a lot of hopes for this album. Sounds like they're going to use the really colorful atmosphere from Zeitgeist but more minimalistic drops.

Mosaik*

Martin Garrix, DVBBS, et al never became mainstream the same way Avicii did. Also, none of them ever produced an album of any note.

I honestly don't mind the minimal style the two have made. That entangled remix however was really odd, since it was going to flow, but kept breaking in and out. Aside from that, mosaik, hypnotic and hopefully the teddy killerz album will be great. 2017 has been a good for drum and bass, and I can't wait to see what will happen

To be fair though, those artists didn't go the path Avicii did. Levels was MASSIVE even for some older electronic fans, Avicii cashed in on the popularity boom and went full generic radio mainstream catching radio play.
I mean the dude practically made a country album and just like that, Wake Me Up was playing e v e r y w h e r e.

A lot of the old styles are finding new inspirations for their old roots, I'm really excited for what's to come.

Too bad that album will get forgotten and everyone finds hospitals Shit to still be good

If you ask me, hospitals last good piece of work was the urbandawn album. Everything else this year has been so terrible that it's sad. We are 21 had some good things on it, but everything else hasn't been good

take this shit to the dnb thread

Well I'm the admin of that general. Glad to see there's some movement for the genre!

>applies for janitor every application period but never gets emailed back

>He can't appreciate brostep

You need to have more fun. As sad as it must be for you to admit, brostep is the standard now, and that isn't gonna change. For all intensive purposes, brostep IS dubstep.

I appriciate it. But keep em separate. They attract different crowds and the appeal of each is different, even if they're usually at the same tempo and have wobbly shit in.

Eh, but the people who listen to the actual original form of dubstep think it's Shit, yet it's relaxing

Cross is literally the only EDM album I can sit through. Justice's new album is fine, but Cross is so much better.

Would you listen to moody good-Moody good?

>everyone has access to the tools
>nobody has attention span

how do you not see that these cancel each other out

This album blew me away. I still really enjoy it a lot due to its diversity. Probably not as influential as Discovery, but damn this album really is the best swan song popular dubstep and EDM ever had.

It means people can easily make the music but the music is always catered to the low attention spans people have. Just listen to 90% of dance music coming out right now.

homework is indeed miles better than Discovery. Aren't they both basically House albums though? When was it decided that they're EDM

I guess, but its decent compared to SMNS. But it did have some good songs within that need more talk, like stranger

i know what you meant. what you're not seeing is how the general low attention span that you're claiming exists would also apply to the would-be artists who can't be assed to learn how to use fruity loops. 'too many people getting the tools' is not a problem if 'everyone has low attention spans' and can't stick with actually making shit

>claiming exists
It's fact. Plus like I said, producing is easier to get into than ever. I see nothing contradictory here.

where is this oversaturation of marketable dance music then, soundcloud? i hardly hear anything produced up to club quality on there, it's just hobbyists making beats. there's not as much as you think

(OP)
oh god, why am I here

Fuck are you on about?! Click literally any genre on soundcloud and you get shitty EDM and trap, even if you click jazz or classical.

Or nightcore. I see some decent stuff on SoundCloud, but guys like space laces still have lost tracks on their SoundCloud. Look at how the genre is now like fast food, as said by diselboy

very sad opinion

OP BTFO

what was the name of the band, which sampled, i mean stolen in robot rock? i mean, it's the same fucking song, just like with barbra straisand song

pic related or

Breakwater - Release the Beast. It's 100 times better but that's because it also has 100 times more going on. Not even gonna try to defend it because most of Human After All is steaming shit.

>Aphex Twin
>EDM

>A good chunk of the shit in this thread
>EDM

MY MACHINE he us gnsdisadfnmvg HAAAAGHJGDFKSADJKJF

thats what i hear when that chorus hits but im sure im dead wrong

and you chose to give me the (You). thanks pal

cracked me up desu

thats just fucking awful, man. desu, i really lost my respect to both daft punk and their fans, after that. harder, better is also kinda of lazy, but otherwise discovery is my fav album

i read somewhere that they apparently dont even know how to play instruments or write music, and had to whistle to professional musicians what they wanted played (or rather a really vague phrase and have the musicians develop upon it for them) during the making of RAM. i like the music but the 2 are nothing but a really elaborate marketing project.

I think that some do know how to play instruments but DP did have a knack for electronics, so I guess that converted to music production

Nah they're insanely good producers, even if what you say is true.

Wow what a euphoric comment. Are you one of those people that thinks live electronic acts "press play on their iPod"? Their music is sample based, theory is only lightly useful to the kind of music they make. Not to mention that theory isn't really necessary in the first place if you already have a rudimentary understanding of keys and chord progressions due to long periods of listening to music

Human After All was a failed experiment at trying to make an electronic album in the time frame of a rock record. I'd like to THINK they would have been more work in if they weren't so rushed.

...? Would very much like to see where this came from. Never seen the attached pic before now, but it definitely looks like Thomas.

DnB on Sup Forums?

for their time, back when remixing a song was "put a 4 on floor beat over a 4 note bassline under the acapella" then yes, they were more creative than any other regular electronic dance musicians, but their music is created by marketing and fame, not anything groundbreaking
lmao absolutely not, im more into electronic than any other music, if anything i consider jazz and classical to be pretentious and uncreative and all sound the same. i really respect the avalances and mad libs and dj shadow and whatnot, what they did was creative and sounded really good as well, but daft punk is just 2 already established djs who had the right connection

Yeah. Drum and bass on this board should be more open. I'd expect it since there's a lot of things in it that Sup Forumstants would enjoy, but who knows.

why do DnB fans seem to have this inferiority complex and constantly need to remind everyone that their genre exist?

No I'm talking RAM. The production on it is incredible

It's probably because dubstep just overshadowed the genre past 2011, and it barely gets any change. Plus it's been around for 20 years, but the time around 2005-2008 wasn't a great era minus vision, two BSE albums and a bunch of meh albums

Also, kids today hate the soulful cuts of drum and bass and some jump up. And I'm not even that old. I've been listening since noisia had their first song released, yet nobody likes the genre as much

because its not progressing at all, its all the same drum beat with the same bass with the same samples and synths. although half-time DnB is developing quite quickly, but thats more like trapstep at a slightly higher bpm

DnB is one of the biggest genres in the British isles.

>its not progressing at all,

Listen to Etherwood and say that

FOCKIN MACKY GEEE M888888

Nah you just gotta listen to Need for Mirrors, Digital and Serum and you're all good

>dubstep just overshadowed the genre past 2011

completely fucking stupid statement

I'll say this.

It is developing and it still great. Listen to stuff like bensley and 2013 C&K. And there's also stuff like hybris and misanthrop making some really incredible drum and bass. Posij and bl4ck owlz being forward thinkers, and people like clipz and BC UK coming back means the genre is back in swing. Plus guys like etherwood. Rene lavice, klax, and billain creating so many unique songs. It's a genre in much change rather then dubstep

It has. I'm being serious. Look at how rapidly dubstep went up once UKF was in full swing with dubstep. It's a sad thing how guys like BSE, noisia, insideinfo, and phace all having these incredible things coming out this year, yet barely get noticed. Prolix is probably underrated yeh his sound is incredible. Asteroids is possibly the most underrated song that just destroys speakers, along with rockwells Detroit

Dude, etherwood is incredible. But I prefer Whiney. And medschool is a lot better then hospital as of late

Was gonna argue it but I've never heard it so instead of being a pleb I'll listen.

You'll like that album for sure. Afterlife is the best song that isn't a flurry of bass, and the remix package is a great mix of guys to remix songs

Since when does Sup Forums like Skrillex?

>not dancing to some aphex acid

daft punk is babbys first discotheque

It's probably the most solid work he's done

So not even dubstep.
Why do I get the feeling you're american.

no other EDM album matters

Because I am American and dubstep just blew over drum and bass. And we lost most of the guys to dubstep like ewun

You seem cool, any good trap recommendations?

Knew it. You have no idea what you're on about.
The mainstream Brostep you describe is not dubstep Meanwhile DnB is huge.
Suppose it's different in America but America is pleb central when it comes to electronic music so who gives a flying fuck.

I still have a better taste then the plebs here who don't even know stuff like burial or benga exist. And even with that, brostep is a term I hate using unless it's for the right purpose. You don't hear terms like skullstep being tossed around. Also, America does have an issue with drum and bass

Dnb gets literally in the charts in UK. Dubstep was and still is nothing but a niche/fad. A clubnight/festival will either be DnB or House.

>pleb central when it comes to electronic music
I honestly believe this so much

you are a good man and obviously things are different in different places