Does anyone here have a job in one of the pic related occupations?

Does anyone here have a job in one of the pic related occupations?

I've been seriously thinking about either firefighting or military

Firefighters spend all day eating and playing video games. Go for it.

True but the selection process is still brutal.

Police officer/EMT-B/Firefighter here what you need homie?

wtf how can you be all 3?

Well in Texas you have to have your EMT cert if you want to be a FF after doing that three years i turned 21 and decided to try my hand at LE.

That's badass. What's the toughest between firefighting and LE from your experience?

Why not do both? Military does have firefighters, just be smart when you talk to recruiter

I served in Afghanistan as a 68W then reclassed to 42A in a Reserves unit. If youre a young one, go AD. If youre not that young then go Reservist and get a college degree.
Next slide.

Are you a patrol cop or do you do investigation work?

Firefighter /EMT here.
What do you want to know?

Honestly thing i hate about the FF aspect is just being a FF doesnt happen anymore you have to do medical calls and everyone wants you to get your paramedic. the pay is ight for some places like 15-20 a hour

i dont have much to say for LEO as i got hired on with a department and they are paying me 23/hr to sit in class at the academy that they too are paying for so pay is way better bout all i can say.

I got GI Bill and title 10 post 911 bennies. Shieeet yeah son

being a Fire fighter is like winning the lottery good luck

Military, die for corporations, kill kids, etc...
Cop, be hated by the ones with guns....
FF, well so long as you don't pretend you have a dangerous job... not bad. (farming for example more dangerous)

How much preparation in terms of fitness did you do before joining the fire brigade? Did you do a lot of weight lifting, cardio, sports or what? Also have you seen much action or is it mostly standing around like said?

what is the unspoken law about how tall you have to be?

I have never once met a firefighter who wasn't a gigantic asshole. Makes it hard to feel bad for them when a building collapses and kills a dozen.

Just mad because we get mad pussy.

Did my conscript service and it was fun but I don't think it would be fun as a job.

Firefighter/medic here, you won't get a fire gig without getting your emt and eventually paramedic just an fyi

Is it true theres a lot of hazing on new ff?

Not really the case anymore. Used to be so, but it is a "kinder, gentler fire department" now.

I used to be a manager for a self storage place that had a unit for the firefighters burned childrens fund. The unit was fucking free and they still managed to be such a pain in my ass I ended up terminating their lease and giving them less than a week to get all their charity shit and get out.

Firefighters are full of themselves because they get paid an average of 30k a year to stand around and do jack shit 80% of the time. About 60% of the calls we get are bullshit EMS calls where you pretty much just wait for EMS to arrive. All the newbies always end up doing all the work. I am a Firefighter in the highest paid Department in my state.

Army Ranger ask me anything

Have you been deployed?
Also whats ur mos?

>Firefighters are full of themselves
This is an observable fact. Dubs don't lie.

Recon?

Prove it.

Law Enforcement

Apache pilot here AMA

what state?

Medically retired Army Rangerfag here.

Where have you been deployed?

Did you get shot?

Texas is where I reside.

twice. 11b
no just on the line
how

this and EMS

No deployment yet

cool, do you see much action on an average day?

what batt were you from brokedick

No, but was injured near the beginning of the war on my 2nd tour.

Post something only a Ranger would have with a timestamp.

What happened?

Air Force fag reporting in.

Being law enforcement is 75% paperwork, 15% testifying on your day off, and 10% excitement.

whats your occupation?

A co 2/75 "Bad Mothers"

this. why are you guys such dicks. When my ex lit my house on fire and drove off drunk into the night they wouldnt even talk to me when I told them about it.

160th soar pilot here. Much better than big army you should've picked a different platform you would have been flying much more

Chemical burns in my lungs from a fire after the goatfuckers blew up the building I was in during a raid.

Firefighters are just pieces of shit who are upset they can't pass the mental health evaluations to become cops.

Cyber System Ops.

>soar
shiiiieeet
stay safe fam

How'd you like fat batt
I'm at home and all my work shit is kept at work

I'm in the Army and love it benefits are fucking amazing and you get to do cool shit...got my entire 4 year college completely paid for while also earning money it was amazing. Also if you don't mind getting deployed it can be really fun especially if you like to fuck shit up

You at hunter by any chance?

Nothing wrong with reserves but army national guard is practically the same commitment with a lot more benefits

It's a crying shame that your army, but you're right the benefits are great. My wife is a captain in the Air Force. Our daughter had some medical issues that accounted for $300,000, and Tricare paid for all the thousand bucks of it.

Haha, it was all right. At midnight, our belly fat went down to our dicks, which your parents loved.

You sound like 3rd, am I right? No way a HAAF boy would be so upset. Show me where CSM touched you.

Are you really trying to have us believe that fucking nightstalkers lurk Sup Forums for fun?

My dad retired as a Colonel in the Army so he wanted me to follow in his footsteps haha not bad though I love it pays the bills man

Haha nah man I'm at 1st, I just don't know much else about 2/75 other than that nickname.

he's probably @ Campbell.

firefighter isn't worth it, go military

I'm talking to a recruiter about Ranger Medic. How is it? I'm not in the best of shape right now.

After RIP (in b4 oldfag), I actually had 1st as my choice, but the GRITS wanted me to stay wet, I suppose. How's Savannah these days?

Naval fag reporting in

That's true, all family at the end of the day. We all know all the hot girls are in the Air Force.

Pic related, it's the wife.

Yeah right and sits around on b thread all day looking at big ass

uhhhh hrmmm (ive got the flu and on meds)

if i write advice itll probably take an hour and this thread will die

i am navy and went through DC A school which is advanced firefighting school basically
originally wanted to be a seal, got seal qualified, but opted out during trials

um

best advice i can say is, every government job has all the benefits of the military, only thing they don't have is GI bill.

so if its a matter of benefits and employment and relocating/ getting your life together, any government occupation can provide that

only resort to the military if you absolutely have no other option, you will be literally selling years of your life for below minimum wage, they own you for that time. you will have no free will or choice.
also, do NOT join the military during the best years of your life, 17-24. wait a while, there is no rush.

and if you do join, join the reserves, they basically get all the benefits and none of the downsides of being military

ill stop here, just know there are a lot of misconceptions of the military/police/FF. FF is by far the hardest/ most deadly job, far more than military.

oh and if you're too fuckign dumb to get a decent score in asvab, dont join. only join if youre 70+ and qual for all jobs.

2/75 here. Your pipeline is going to be long, and a lot of dudes fall by the wayside and get distracted. Stay focused and keep your PT up, and don't fuck up chasing pussy or booze until you accomplish your goal. Once you get to SOCM, you'll be fine as long as you aren't an idiot.

Then get ready for Ranger School. You'll have a blast.

Hey well when I need some ass I'll just swing by the nearest air force base and see what's goin on

Damn I bet some of your ranger buddies are my higher up.

The scad students are as gay as ever but there's still plenty of liquor downtown so I can't complain I guess.

Spent 2 years in danish army, had 1 tour for afganistan. Army is fun, get good friends, get to handle weapons, equipment and vehicles. Also incredible for personal development

>getting ass
slutty bitches use this term use this term. stop it.

Yeah, one of my subordinates is a senior RI down at Eglin. One of my peers is a CSM over in Graf. Another is moving up to the pentagon now for something. The rest that I keep tabs on are out or went long tab / CAG..

>use this term use this term
what?

I rarely lurk in Sup Forums I usually hang out at /k/ when I have the time

Sounds good. Sounds like I should get in shape before I join but I feel confident in staying focused and doing well in SOCM.

Thank you!

had an editing problem.

Fire fighter reporting in. Great career OP. Fuck those other options.

If you are serious about being a 68w, go over to armyranger . com. A bunch of old schoolers and a few active scrolls will mentor you as you navigate the pipeline.

Better than being in the military if you can make it. Military fag here.

What makes you say that?

It's just that the military owns you for the duration of your contract. Basically government property and they don't usually give a fuck about you.

i love how some circlejerk bullshit continues to propagate, but legitimate advice is ignored. oh well i tried. enjoy your wasted 6-8 years of your life , you're obviously already committed to joining.

shut up faggot

I wish I had someone tell me all the bullshit you go through when you go mil, I'd have told the recruiters to fuck themselves and never looked back.

kys