So what is the "Dark Tower" exactly?

So what is the "Dark Tower" exactly?

The center of everything, upon which all worlds turn.

So you're saying it's in his pants?

Stephen King's ego

Sure sounds like BBC to me

"Now, at last, I have finally become, the dank tower"
-Roland

16" of veiny pulsating black of matter

I would watch the dank tower

The Dark Tower really isn't good. Stephen King is not a good writer, he's really kind of a fucking hack. I'm not really sure why people revere him so much.

Same reason people obsess over Star Wars and Game of Thrones.

*tips*

Stringer Bell's source of income

The Stand is honestly the only thing Stephen King has written that comes close to being good. The man can't write fucking endings to save his life. The Dark Tower as a series is a huge fucking mess.

>>>/reddit/

Each of those sentences should start with "I think"

How do you pronounce Idris Elba? Looking forward to seeing him in Star Trek.

Stephen King being unable to write endings is a fucking fact. I don't care what you think about The Stand or The Dark Tower series the man can't write a fucking ending to save his life. There's a reason he agreed The Mist's film ending was leagues better than the ending he came up with.

>Stephen King is not a good writer, he's really kind of a fucking hack.
On a technical level, King is actually one of the best "mainstream" writers.

He's certainly leagues ahead of your Pattersons, Cusslers and the like.

His stories...hit and miss.
There's a shitstain like Tommyknockers for every amazing one like 11/22/63.

His short stories are fantastic. Some are silly, but they are expertly crafted.

An adventure series comprised of 8 books where the first 7 involve the main character going everywhere, and in the end, lands up in the same situation and same location as the start of the first book.

>I don't care what you think

It's about the journey bro.

I loved Tommyknockers but I have gained a retroactive fear of reading it again. I found it very comfy.

Also Stephen King, as himself in his own book, is the literally the word of god. Also the gunslinging badass main character just also so happens to look exactly like Stephen King.

The ending actually makes thematic sense in the context of the story and what it means to King.

Most people are just butthurt that a 20+ year saga ended on such a strange, empty note.

>Also the gunslinging badass main character just also so happens to look exactly like Stephen King.

You know... I never noticed that shit. Damn, user.

The Dark Tower ending is fine.

It's the confrontation with the terrible enemy that was built up over dozens of books and decades of writing that was fucking terrible.

Roland actually climbing the tower was heartbreaking, and one of the best parts of the book.

man, the outfits in all these screenshots make it look so cheap

that's what the grey/blue filter is for.

The only thing that gives me hope for this movie is that you read one of Mcconaughey's interviews and he's a massive bookfag who absolutely gets Randall Flagg.

Still wish that dumb motherfucker had taken the role of Roland he was offered though.

>You are the grim, goal-oriented ones who will not believe that the joy is in the journey rather than the destination no matter how many times it has been proven to you. You are the unfortunate ones who still get the lovemaking confused with the paltry squirt that comes to end the lovemaking...

What did he mean by this?

It's pretty fucking clear what he meant by that.

But what did he mean by the gradeschool gangbang in IT.

That was a train, not a gang bang.

They went one at a time.