Epic moments in Sup Forums history

New people might want to sit this one out.

9/11 ranks up there as one of the more epic moments. Threads were maxing out in minutes, and there was maybe 2-3 non-9/11 related threads in the catalog.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OOzfq9Egxeo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The OJ Simpson chase was also a madhouse. Eventually mods made a stickied thread which reached over 140,000 posts

what feasible event could ever beat 9/11 for most ebin moment ever

u managing to get laid

I'll never forget. Did anyone save that photo of /Cronkite/?

Pearl harbor or bombing of nagasaki or that meteor thay killed the dinasaurs

The television event that truly united an imageboard.

The R. Budd Dwyer suicide is another contender for "most memorable moment in Sup Forums.org/tv/ history".

People were following his case since the beginning and we were livestreaming the press conference. After the suicide mods replaced the cursor with an image of R. Budd Dwyer's dead face.

i said feasible, user

:(

The North Hollywood shootout. Also the incident that caused California to have stricter gun laws than Canada.

Sup Forums wasn't around in 2001 you fucking Redd*t newfag retard

I still can't believe the mods didn't give River Phoenix a sticky

Hitler dying was possibly the largest mess of an argument I've ever seen.

maybe you weren't, but Sup Forums was

Some say that flag is still standing somewhere in a Hollywood basement.

mfw Dewey fags thought Truman had lost

It is a shame that 9/11 didn't happen when Sup Forums was around. If only they waited a few years.

Idk friendo, its not like there are over 100 years of footage from the first movie to the Holocaust to 9/11...but yeah, 9/11 (an event that only killed less than 2k) is the most EBIN human tragedy caught on film...its not like we have dozens of hours of genocide all across the world or anything, user

Sure it is...

Anyone else remember this shitshow? I was banned for 3 months for disagreeing with a mod.

>the incident that caused California to have stricter gun laws than Canada
That's not the Black Panthers occupying the capitol building

Trump's assassination

Literally every thread was /mash/fags.

What are we looking at?

I vividly remember the night on Sup Forums when this episode of Simpsons aired

Trojan war was fucking chaotic. Paris was a fag for kidnapping Helen and all the fags who disagreed can go fuck themselves.

>the British tea party

holy fuck the butt hurt was at levels we'll probably never see again. literally every thread was just USA spamming, and the few that weren't were insanely butthurt britcucks telling us to not bite the hand that feeds. it was insane.

Blame the retarded goddess for having that beauty contest in the first place

Sup Forums was an utter shitshow when the Battle of Hastings happened. Fucking Norman mods banning people left and right.

>fireposting still going strong after 400,000 years

>posting the edited version

That's a pretty shitty shoop honestly

Apply yourself next time

I'd say

>9/11
>that fucking jet that went missing
>Paris attacks

Remember when Noah flooded the fucking world? Everyone shitposting underwater 10/10 never forgetti

Coming up on the 11 year anniversary of kek.

It was God not Noah who flooded everything, fucking newfag

I remember that. That one tinfoil hat user, trying to get everyone to go to the bathroom during different commercial breaks to avoid a pressure surge. Still can't believe he was right.

>Normans

REEEEE GET OFF MY BOARD YOU FUCKING NORMIIIIEEEEEESSSSS!!!!!

>genocide
>real

????

LOL

Fuck your desert god

>stop invincible son

Now every post rockpost

talk about insanity

some say that the discussion of this event lead to the birth of shitposting

The day Pope Urban called the first crusade
Holy shit, the banter war between /fra/fags and /byz/fags was legendary

Oh what a meme there, sport. Isnt it past your bedtime? School on Monday.

I legit remember when cobain an heroed and all the butthurt grunge fags spewing "MUH MUH MUH MURDER!!!1"

Fuck off with this stupid autist shit about genocides being fake, its a dead meme

would you say the meme experienced a genocide?

have you a single fact to back that up

first photo

People are being blown up and massacred all over the world now and nobody gives a shit a day after it happens. Like that attack in Nice France a few days ago.

I don't know, but it's happening soon.

Because no one cares about France.

No one cares about France

kekd when clinger stayed behind

thats life

I watched like 5 hours of the CBS coverage of this on youtube and it was so surreal to see a news broadcast be factual and impartial. No partisan bullshit like today, just report when new information comes in, and bring the nation together instead of dividing it.

Are you retarded?

>tfw I realize I've been here a whole decade

>There are people who were born in 2001 who have had sex
>There are people who were born in 2001 who are posting on Sup Forums RIGHT NOW

Is it one of these threads?

youtube.com/watch?v=OOzfq9Egxeo

no

the frog is an understatement

>those people will be 18 in 3 years

>tfw 2001 was 48 years ago

t. schlomo goldbergstein

Malice in the Palace

Are you retarded?

Fucking kek

Wilkes Booth's little prank was no field day, either.

>Because it was a high-casualty fire caused by illegal indoor usage of outdoor fireworks, the 2003 disaster is similar to the 2004 República Cromañón nightclub fire in Buenos Aires, Argentina; the 2008 Wuwang Club fire in Shenzhen, China; the 2009 Santika Club fire in Watthana, Bangkok, Thailand (cause is disputed); the 2009 Lame Horse fire in Perm, Russia; the 2013 Kiss nightclub fire in Santa Maria, Brazil,[3] and the 2015 Colectiv nightclub fire in Bucharest, Romania.[4]

Why the fuck do people still do this? What is it that compels these fucking niggers; black, white, American, whatever, to make these things happen?

I'm glad I'm a debby downer. I don't like to lose myself in a moment, do enjoy myself that other things are ignored. I just saw 100 people burned alive for doing that same thing.

I went to a Blind Guardian concert in NY, in a building that was old and big enough for that sort of thing to happen. I was near the front, and drunken asshole where fighting, and made a ring where they were punching and pushing each other, right behind my back. I was so uncomfortable. Now after seeing this, I never want to pout myself in that kind of situation again. It didn't help that the Paris attacks happened a month after the concert, but there's no footage of what happened in that blood bath.

Fuck. I didn't need to see this right before going to bed.

poor eggman really took the heat for that one

that motherfucker.

Surely you both jest? Or is this some epic meeeeeeeeeeeeem that passed over my head?

Yes it was bucko

It was called "postfunnypictures.com" back then, but then when moots gay lover "johnathan chan" died in 2003, he named the site.after him, "for chan"

and then I read the rest of the thread. Whoops.

Why are germans perfect bros

Hitler threads were pretty good and we had like ten maxed out threads every day. Sup Forums shitposting was out of control though.

Your mom beating the cock.

>the morbid realization that last month was twenty years ago

it's ok to admit that you're new to Sup Forums

>right now is 30 seconds ago

>tfw hitler an hero'd

but that happens every day.

CIA entering reality.

That's what DAS JUDEN wants you to believe.

Aliens

They're gonna rename it to Bad, France.

Losing against the cock is the entire opposite of beating the cock.

How would that even happen

I picture them playing TDKR at the Aurora theater as a memorial to those who died, and CIA stepping out of the screen and into our reality

>ywn shitpost in a /Sopranos/ thread during an episode

c'est la vie

See

>ywn shitpost in a /Lost/ thread during an episode.............. Oh wait.

when this cunt got into office, you couldnt discuss anything but germany and their new reign

Lol this newfag doesn't know about the early beta days.

A good shot, man.

it's these threads that truly separate the newfags from the rest of the pack