Ghostbusters BTFO

>even with the paid shills Ghostbusters still only makes $46m on its opening weekend
>will probably end up being a loss

Sup Forumscucks absolutely BTFO again. Who are you bootlicking faggots going to blame this one on? Le patriarchy? Le MRAs?

Other urls found in this thread:

slate.com/articles/arts/movies/2016/07/ghostbusters_2016_remake_reviewed.html
csmonitor.com/The-Culture/Family/2012/0523/Noisy-kid-at-movie-theater-hit-by-Washington-man-watching-Titanic
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The $46 million is projected earnings. It's really $17 million so far.

wait, it's even lower? BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

wow

It is doing fine. The main demographics for the movie is ghosts themselves. Right now, those empty seats in empty theaters are actually filled with them, you just can't see it with unaugmented vision.

bb-b-b--b-but it was meant to be our time!!!!

>Sup Forumscucks absolutely BTFO again
?

but thats only Friday's numbers.

The definitive weekend figure will be on Monday evening

On Monday evening Paul Feig will jump the window

What did Rotten Tomatoes mean by this?
Are they shilling for this movie?

PAUL FAG ETERNALLY BTFO

The shills are in full damage control. Pic was Imdb today

For a long time we know that they are getting paid.
They even took down the movie for a while to adjust ratings.
There was a thread about this

I don't want it to succeed, but let's be sensible like this guy.

what the fuck is this thing?

>twitter feed is full of grovelling corny bullshit like #womenkickass
>he's going to blame the failure of his movie on the patriarchy

Sup Forums BTFO yet again!

slate.com/articles/arts/movies/2016/07/ghostbusters_2016_remake_reviewed.html

Sony says if it brings in more than 50mil this weekend it's in the clear.
Tomorrow it will easily break above 50

Sup Forums counted their chickens before they hatched and will take it in the ass.

>This new Ghostbusters couldn’t be less interested in advancing an ideological agenda

If I made a movie about 4 guys who shoot a lazer beam into a giant woman's cunt, killing her, I wonder if people would say I was pushing an agenda?

Or included a scene with feminist straw men complaining about my 4 guys on youtube.

Why is it so hard to admit that men are better in a lot of things than men. Men are stronger, funnier, more agressive, better at acting etc. Women are more sensible, prettier, sing better, more nurturing.
They're different. This is the case with all animals. Why however, is Hollywood trying to portray women as something they're not?
They both have their own qualities. Its just that a lot qualities of men are usually better suited for things like sports, movies, leadership, war. On the other I would much rather have a female shrink, nurse, babysitter, hairdresser. Why is society so distorted?

Paul Feig said that if it makes under 500 million it will be a bomb. He's probably underestimating.

I'm not talking about that fieg, you're on a totally different and biased wavelength

500mil+ is clearly around a 50% profit

if this makes 250 million in europe it wouldn't even be enough to cover the advertisement cost

Is it true that the original cast was forced to appear in it, and if so how?

>Sony says
>no sauce

OK :)

50% for a movie isn't brilliant when the studio look at it. 2-3 years in production and the result is $100m profit; when comparing that to Spectre which made over $300m profit in a similar production time.

>If you don't do it we're going to sue your ass

this nigga looks like he's typing up answers for a book report assignment

>Sony says if it brings in more than 50mil this weekend it's in the clear.
Sony's financial analysts are currently projecting a ~$50 mil opening. That doesn't mean they made the movie hoping for an opening that size.

>paid shills
>paid

I'm doing this for free you complete and utter retard.

"U" in a different font.

Fuck sake.

On what grounds?
Did they sign up to do a third one a long time ago or something?

>gross = profit

I don't understand how even the 14-year-old Redditors of Sup Forums could be this fucking dense.

user let's say it makes 50 million then a 50% standard drop off next week.

So then it still somehow manages to crawl towards 100 domestic.

Do you really think they're going to make 400 million international?

without China?

This

Its like explaining how BvS was underperforming with 800 million all over again

Who /brobabiez/ here?

Banned in China.

ghostbusters remake getting BTFO by an animated movie in its 2nd week in theatres and shills are trying to spin this so that it's a resounding success.

lol. if this was a real ghostbusters 3 or a male ghostbusters (hell even a male/female ghostbusters) it would have done much better than this.

>male ghostbusters
it would have done about the same since they would have picked actors that were just as shitty and a direct to video director because that's what sony does

>male ghostbusters
it would have done about the same since they would have picked actors that were just as shitty and a direct to video director because that's what sony does

Look at the top of his head

discuss

What about it?

>male ghostbusters

Yeah I know that was half my point. Even WITH China 500 million would be a hard target.

Even then Terminator Genysis reached it and the studio still cancelled the idea of a trilogy.

Replace PM with episode 7, cause episode 7 is basically a reboot/remake of A new hope

>male ghostbusters

Hey Sup Forums will you torrent it?

I'm going to torrent it and leave a bad review

Its not going to make even 20M€ europe we all look at your feminists/tumbliritrs with utter distain.

Hopefully Sony will learn a lesson in all of this:

Next time don't go grave digging for ideas, and don't rely upon made up controversy for your blatant laziness.

Look at his lips

>women sing better

90% of these "reviews" are whining about men not liking the movie.
They might as well just have reviewed the trailer.

Gonna torrent it 7 times and never watch it
And do my part in the "piracy killed this movie along with patriarchy"

TPM was a kino movie and a huge financial success.

The movie is fucked, the stupid cunts spent $100 mil on advertising.

They have to make $244 mil to break even, most likely Sony is going to lose money on this.

subtle samefag

>Sony says if it brings in more than 50mil this weekend it's in the clear.
That's not how it works. "projected numbers" is what the studio EXPECTS to earn, which they constantly changes to match what they feel the film could reach. In the case of Civil War, Marvel kept changing the projected numbers up. In the case of Fant4stic, Fox kept changing the projected numbers down. The projected numbers are just what they predict would happen, not what they WANT to happen.

i'd rather waste that hour and whatever on my usual mindless image board browsing and daydreaming tph flem

I thought it would make way more than that.. but I also thought that it would drop like crazy to almost nothing within a few days.

Turns out the media cant sell shit.

>shills: movie isn't about any feminist agenda
>every review going on about "hurr durr patriarchy and fanboys are hating on it for starring women"
JUST

Sup Forums btfo

The comparison is fine as it is.

TFA's flaws came from retreading, new ghostbusters has the precise opposite problem of batardising the source material

I would have liked a ghostbusters 3 with Sigourney Weaver as a ghostbuster.

I would have paid to see an all girl ghostbusters film if:

>1. Cast were sexy as fuck.
>2. The uniforms were sexy as fuck.
>3. The ghosts were allowed to fuck the ghostbuster girls.

Pretty much all of the above and it would have been literally amazing.

I went to my theater and its completely full (pic related)
this movie is fucking hilarious

>"Go pay money to see something that really tackles the important issues on sexism, like lead parts in Hollywood movies"

>"We need to open our borders to Muslims"

Can this nu wave of liberals die already

TPM for how bad is was is still an original movie. Replace it with TFA.

That kid deserved it.

csmonitor.com/The-Culture/Family/2012/0523/Noisy-kid-at-movie-theater-hit-by-Washington-man-watching-Titanic

This is how theaters really look like for ghostjusters.
Can't lie your ass out of this one.

>i swears i really thought than 10 year old was an adult

lel

HOLY SHIT Sup Forums ON SUICIDE WATCH

0.25 cents have been deposited in your account

Wait I thought Sup Forums hated the new ghostbusters, why would Sup Forums be mad?

it's like a reverse meta-ironic troll or something? that or op's just retarded

>Reviewers write columns weeks before release saying they will give Ghostbusters a good review regardless of quality because people are being mean on the internet
>Leftists proclaim victory saying that the movie is "good" because it got modestly good reviews

Is there media that is not infected with marxist filth these days?

OP's a fag, basically for the last few days it's been

>LOL IT'S A SUCCESS Sup Forums BLOWN THE FUCK OUT, LOOK AT MY DOCTORED RT SCREENCAP!

so now that it isn't other enterprising posters are pulling a reverse double super secret troll.

>LOL IT SUCKS LIKE I KNEW IT WOULD Sup Forums BTFO!!

It's pretty weak.

No one knows and this never gets answered. As far as I can tell, it's based on a vague email discussion in the Sony leaks.

the prequels made money

>Doesn't come out in all foreign areas until late August

ugh

>244 million
>500 million according to analysts and later the director himself

Remember how much it grosses only some of that goes to the studio.

I know the whole Hollywood accounting means that every film can be considered a loss but this shit isn't looking great.

The email discussion was not about whether they would do it.

It was about who they would get to sue them. They fully intended to do it.

Is that Twitter theme as dark as your soul?

All we need is the Paul Feig/Amy Pascal suicide pact to cap this off.

kek
>$500 million
what a faggot

>be me
>be in nyc
>see typical sjw type
>has a boombox playing ghostbusters
>screaming "go see the movie for feminism"
>has a sign that says dont let mysogyknee win
I genuinely felt bad for her.

GEE
WHAT A COINCIDENCE

how long until the mods go into damage control mode?

>mysogyknee
wat?

Certified Fresh is all they've got going for them.

It`'s the internet. Literally everyone uses the internet and engages in some part of geek culture, but Sony, Feig and McCarthy went on about how everyone from the internet is toxic towards their movie. Way to literally insult your potential audience, assholes. Worse PR than Mighty No. 9

Misogyny. A hatred for women. It is sometimes mockingly spelled my-soggy-knee

>no one knows
Stop being dense. The original cast signed a three movie deal back 33+ years ago for THREE movies. They only ever made two, so there was still an obligation for a third one that never materialized. Well it did now.