So can we all agree that Dustin was the best character?

So can we all agree that Dustin was the best character?

>WHY ARE YOU KEEPING THIS CURIOSITY DOOR LOCKED?

LANDO CALRISSIAN

Can we all agree this show is mediocre trash and only Americans enjoy it due to the 80s murrican cultural references.

I'm not American and I enjoyed the hell out of it.

Aside from the token black kid and the stupid teen romance drama, everything else was perfect.

One of the most enjoyable and comfiest shows since breaking bad if I'm being honest familia.

not american and l enjoyed it.Its not perfect but its still fun

no

is this stranger things

yes :)

But nothing interesting happens. The dialogue is cringe. Its so fucking boring.

he's literally the worst and the show would be considerably better without him

It was mediocre, but fun. I think it's probably one of the best Netflix originals so far. But is definitely style over substance. especially when you compare it to the many films it references.

>it's a scene with the kids

It wouldn't matter because the writing is so bad. I bet the Duffer brothers are in their 30s. They wouldn't even remember the 80s

I really like the kids at the beginning and hated the teenager bullshit, but I flipped halfway through.

Seeing events like this happen through the eyes of kids is a great idea, except the kids hardly did a damn thing except for hide 11.

You are thinking of Lucas haha

This is very much a character driven show and almost all of the characters are very well written. Even Mike's dad who gets very little screen time, just has little nuances that made me chuckle every time he had some dialogue.

The plot we all pretty much figured out by episode 2, but that wasn't what this show was about.

I usually hate kid actors but the three white kids actually were not bad at all in this.

How was super 8 10x better than this? Oh they director lived through the 80s? And used an orchestral score mixed with some 80s hits, instead of slow burning overused synth and Toto's Africa?

>How was super 8 10x better than this?
It wasn't?
What kind of an idiot would say this...
Super 8 was shit.

At least super 8 had believable dialogue. The writing in this is so awkward. The kids are pretty shit too

ep 7 and this show sure took a nosedive pretty quick

>it's "what's wrong with you?" scene

the dialogue in this show is kind of modern

well well, looks like somebody in need of a little freedom.

Which doesn't fit the "muh 80s" theme. Same with the soundtrack.

Best main character. Best character overall was the science teacher.

I wouldn't say 10x times better, just a little better.

The main problem I have with Stranger Things is the writing. IMO super 8 had dialogue that was closer to life, as well as better characterization. It's hard to put into words, but Stranger Things feels a little bit more "by the numbers".

That's not the truth teller, Lucas. Fuck bitches, bros all the way.

They kind of stole the general idea behind Beyond the Black Rainbow as well as the soundtrack, yeah?

Nah, the asian gilfriend ruined the character for me.

The alcoholic cop was the best character. It's literally the greatest archetype in fiction and the actor was great

Yeah he is best character. I just hate how he turned from small town cop to super cop

>orchestral score
It's a Carpenter synth ripoff

OP here.
I'd say he was my second favourite character.
It's such a cliche role that it's hard to pull off good, but the actor really did a good job.

>I just hate how he turned from small town cop to super cop
He used to be a "big city" cop, but moved to that town after his daughter died.

Which doesn't fit the Spielbergian/Joe Dante/Landis vibe they are trying to go for

nerdy white guy having a mail-order bride was weird?

yeah, a little too weird, even though I know it happens (Art Bell comes to mind)

weren't there a bunch of Indians at the school? Kind of out of place for an 80s small town

>Decides to infiltrate a secret government lab
>Just cuts his way through the fence and walks in
>Gives security his real name instead of a fake name before fighting them
>Gets caught
>Later decides to try the exact same scheme to get inside the base again

Is Hopper based or literally retarded? I honestly can't tell.

The child acting was great tho

>weren't there a bunch of Indians at the school?
u wot m8?
I didn't see any Indians.

You should go on tor, you''ll see all the children you want. Apart from that the show is aweful.

t. Reddit.

lol wut? /tv is cunnycentral not reddit

Implying someone who enjoyed child acting is a pedophile is Reddit though.
Also calling a good show "aweful" is very reddit.

2 Days. It took 2 days before Sup Forums started turning on the show. Once ANYTHING becomes popular, Sup Forums has to hate it. What the hell is wrong with you?

yes

pleb

>Also calling a good show "aweful" is very reddit.
Says the board that shits on everything. Reddit actually rarely complains

>What the hell is wrong with you?

I watched the show and formed an opinion. It is a piece of shit.

What? I'm not American, and I got almost all the references. It helps to be born in the early 80s I guess.

this is just one guy saying that over and over again
he was in the other threads too

my life may not be so good, but at least I'm not that sad
going on an american board to complain about american culture when you're here everyday laughing at american shitposts

>Likeable redhead gets killed
>Her slut friend doesn't

God I hate characters like her jesus christ what an obnoxious cunt.

Sorry you don't understand comfy western culture.

The 80's aesthetic falls apart pretty quick when you see their poorly designed PS3 looking boogeyman in a decent light.

They literally reference how practical effects made "The Thing" great ffs

You don't need to be a genius to realize that if something is liked by the majority of people it means that it's garbage, people aren't mature enough to appreciate good stuff, that's why I only listen to metal

> Japanese based site
>American site

> Western Culture
> =American "culture"?

/tv really is the lowest IQ board

JJ plz go

He was pretty cool, but Hop was just too based.

he was pretty based