I started listening to progressive rock at 22. These are my favourite albums after a few years...

I started listening to progressive rock at 22. These are my favourite albums after a few years. Am I just a dirty normie?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iBWhKQV4-7Y
youtube.com/watch?v=GOa3Mo8bJl8
youtube.com/watch?v=T2PVgfv0OR4
youtube.com/watch?v=l97G8h8HwBw
youtube.com/watch?v=7NDh3iy40Qg&t=45
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

not a normie but you could possibly be a wrong-generation-faggot. have you listened to any modern stuff? try some steven wilson, gazpacho, mystery, airbag, etc. good prog is still being made.

Didn't get around to do that yet, family. Thanks for the recommendations.

I don't like the le-wrong-generation people. Shitty music was always here and popular.

youtube.com/watch?v=iBWhKQV4-7Y

>Signals among the Rush albums

Why?

Gazpacho is fucking garbage right-generation faggot

Try some of pic related and these
youtube.com/watch?v=GOa3Mo8bJl8
youtube.com/watch?v=T2PVgfv0OR4
youtube.com/watch?v=l97G8h8HwBw
If you want something more speficic just ask

Do you like the first Hatfield and the North album? If you've never heard it, check it out asap.

try some RIO and italo prog, maybe more canterbury. soft machine and gong are essential. for new stuff try the mars volta and closure in moscow

>all Angloshit
Yeah you're a pleb OP

I love Signals as a Rush fanchild, but its not really a progressive rock album. Waves should be put there instead.

But it isn't progressive anymore because it's fucking 2016+1

What's up with italian prog?

t. normie

It's one of the best and most prolific sub-genre of prog

Nah just leaning too symphonic. Canterbury and Krautrock were where it was at.
Eh. Some Stevo Wilso is okay.

It's literally the opposite of progressive if it's modern. What progressed the genre in 1974 is not progressing the genre in 2017. It's just a nostalgic pastiche at this point, THE DEFINITION of wrong generation faggotry.
See This is why symphonic prog stopped being good in 1974. It got too stale, too formulaic. A Mellotron here, a key change there. That's why Fripp and Gabriel stopped doing symphonic and went crossover after that year.

>Selling England by the Pound better than Foxtrot
>Close to the Edge a "total prog masterpiece"
>Larks' Tongues not absolutely essential
>Brain Salad Surgery not a masterpiece but ELP self-titled is
Shit list

hey I started listening to prog at 22 as well, well I haven't even turned 23 yet but ITCOTCK and Mirage are two of my favourites too. a third one being Days of future passed, just amazing

Reminder that Field Music is the best modern-day angloprog band

youtube.com/watch?v=7NDh3iy40Qg&t=45

If you haven't listened to some Zeuhl, you haven't lived desu phamalam

>Close to the Edge not a "total prog masterpiece"
Shit taste

Dun - Eros is great as a starting point. Despite the obvious Zappa influence, it's still worth listening to.

ITCOKC is a classic but camel is mostly fucking boring.

>camel is mostly fucking boring.
Even Mirage?

>three songs, only one of which (the last one) is actually good and the other two being bloated and overlong
>a masterpiece
Fragile is better. There's something to be said about actually getting a point across and not needing 10 minutes to do it. And, you know, having a point in the first place.

I mean Mirage has some dope parts.

Sorry to break it to you, but Close to the Edge is not a masterpiece. It's very good, 8.5/10, but not GOAT tier.

The Snow Goose is great.

What's VdGG's best song and why is it A Plague of Lighthouse Keepers?

OH MY LADY FANTASY

Fragile > CttE

Camel is hot garbage