Let's play spot the autist

Other urls found in this thread:

c-aviation.net/plane-conveyor-belt-explained-debunked/
youtube.com/watch?v=roRCRF75JF8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

no the plane is kill from fall of

Speed of the wheels is zero initially, so conveyor belt is zero

no, something to do with air pressure and the wings

But as the plane accelerates, wheels start spinning, belt matches the speed, which in turn makes the wheels spin even faster, the belt speeds up again, etc.
Eventually the wheels will be spinning so fast they start exploding and the plane crashes.

How do planes take off on the surface of the Earth when it's rotating at about 1000 MPH towards the east and going around the Sun which is all moving around the center of the galaxy which is moving towards Andromeda?

The nerve gas kills the pilot.

Bernoulli don't care about no wheels!

yes if the plane goes fast enough

Kek. Probably this. Wheels start spinning too fast, explode, shoot fragments into engines, and engines start on fire and the plane burns to the ground because of the tons of fuel aboard a 747 taking off.

No. How fast a plane is moving relative to the ground has nothing to do with its ability to take flight. It has to do with its air speed, that is, the speed that the air is moving over its wings. This moving air results in lower pressure on the top the wing, which produces lift, which allows the plane to take off.

Yes it could in fact take off.

yes. every plane works pushing air behind, using those big "fans" (for smaller planes) or gas turbines. There are no engines at the wheels. The plane would push air and consequently be pushed forward, the belt would turn, but it would only accelerate the wheels, making them turn faster, but would not interfere with the palne overall movement.
If you want to stop a plane like that, put a big ass fan behind the airplane and make it blow at the same speed that the turbines are pushing air behind.

Spotted

Which direction is the conveyor belt going?

Yes.

Mythbusters even did this.

Wheels are free spinning and have nothing to do with forward motion.

Easy to confuse with tires or your legs, which actually produce forward motion using ground friction.

Airplanes do not. It will take off.

Anyone watch MythBusters?

As apposed to a car, whose engines diverts power to the wheels, a planes engines have no effect on the wheels, rather it moves the entire aircraft forward. The wings generate lift, and the plane flies.

Science bitch!

No. The Force being applied by the belt is equal and opposite to the force of the wheels rubbing against it. Relative to the belt, the plane is moving. Relative to the ground or nearby wall, it is not.

Engine*

I like guys like this.

Who say no (wrong) then try to sound all smart with their explanation having no idea how it works at all.

Hilarious.

Autistic children.

The belt matches the speed of the wheels. This means that the plane is actually not moving at all in any axis. Which means no lift.

Could a plane take off on a high speed treadmill? Absolutely. But the speed of the wheels is going to equal the speed of the treadmill plus the speed of the plane. And in our case, OP stated that the speed of the wheels is equal to the speed of the treadmill so the speed of the plane is zero.

Please see

I just watched the mythbusters video. It is not the same as what is being described here and, to be honest, not the same scenario many people envision, which is why it was down voted so much. One important factor here is that the plane does not actually move anywhere. In the mythbusters video, the plane does move. Plane moving = air speed = lift. If the plane never moves, as this problem is describing, the plane could never take off. Mythbusters did not test it correctly, they fucked up. You can read the comments on the video.

Overall, the problem posed here could be worded better. It's ambiguous, leading to two interpretations of the question.

>Let's play spot the autist
literally anyone posting in this thread apart from me

THE WHEELS DONT DRIVE THE PLANE FORWARDS YOU FUCKING IDIOTS, the turbines propel the plane forward. It doesn't fucking matter if the wheels are moving forwards, backwards, or sideways, the turbines are what propels the plane forwards so that's all that matters

it wouldn;t take of fif the fucking wheels were going sideways or backwards you cretin. its basic fucking biological science.

The situation is presented as a paradox designed to elicit polemics

This is the correct answer

>There are no engines at the wheels.
wrong.

How the fuck do you think a plane takes off from water? The propeller/turbines move the plane forward, not the wheels. What is happening on the ground does not matter

>What is happening on the ground does not matter
if a dog was fucking another dog on the runway, then the plane would not take off, so what is happening on the ground is a very large factor. fucktard.

OK, just one question, how are they turning faster if it exactly matches the speed?

No it can't idiot just wow this is grade school stuff man

Even if the brakes on the wheels were fully applied, the plane would still begin to move forward after the turbines were spun up fast enough to overcome the friction of the stopped wheels.

the friction of you shitposting on the internet

c-aviation.net/plane-conveyor-belt-explained-debunked/

You reckon you can take off a 747 by just grinding rubber on runway?

No because they don't have conveyor belts big enough to support a 747

That's basically what seaplanes do, they grind metal on water

Bit of a difference there

Yes. According to Newtons 3rd law it DOES leave something behind, that being energy in the conveyor belt. It will provide lift as it's acting as a pushing mechanism.

Planes generate lift by moving through air. If there's no air movement, there's no lift. The wheels and the runway don't even play into it.

I found one on youtube
youtube.com/watch?v=roRCRF75JF8

speed of wheels would not be the same as the speed of the entire body of the plane

The belt can't match the speed of the wheels

>One important factor here is that the plane does not actually move anywhere.

But there is no way for this to happen

>There are no engines at the wheels that are used for takeoff

No, it can't catch the air that it needs under its wings since it stays in the same position

If that was in space with an infinite battery, then it would approach the speed of light eventually

nothing is holding it in the same position

Yes. There's a fucking mythbusters episode on this.

Why would I imagine something that would never happen?

well, you marturbate thinking about having sex, right?

DAAAAAMN, you got burnt ON TRIPS

Yes plane will take off because wings aren't rubbing against conveyer belt

Obviously not

Fuck do you think it has wings for? just for fun?

>trips have spoken

shit.

Can confirm this is correct

What are the wheels doing?

I've played enough KSP to know this is EXACTLY what will happen

No, because airplanes take off because of air flowing over the wings.

The wheels have jack-shit do to with it in this scenario.

you can't confirm anything. you're wrong, which is pretty hilarious.

reading all the "yes" replies in this thread is making me feel better about myself, seeing how much of 4chin is autists.

what? are you fucking retarded? do you even know how an airplane lifts off the ground or are you just making shit up like 99% of the anons ITT?

Myth busted people it is possible to launch a plane off of a conveyer.

Yes, assuming that the plane uses jet propulsion.

no it's not you retarded autist

spotted the autist

I think everyone is overlooking a simple solution, a 747 has retractable landing gear. If you go full throttle and the conveyer belt is matching the speed just retract the landing gear. Everyone knows that when you retract the landing gear it's in flight.

Some of those autist are me, I just want to know what the fucking wheels are supposed to be doing.

rolling