Skins UK

>It's a tony and the gang do drugs while Effy sneaks out and sees her brother at a party episode

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OKz6r7y0cuA
youtube.com/watch?v=8gFu9DFfdXg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I miss this show, it was funny and well written, with an actual soul. Pity the third generation was bad and full of forced romance and soap opera moments. Still above any other teen drama

Tony is Effy's brother. Does he have a clone that goes to parties? Retard

Why is Chris positioned as the main character here? Tony and Sid were clearly the protagonists of gen 1.

I am also confused by OP's sentence

?????

>you will never be Tony and smash all the PTP available to you

Why live?

lmao at fags who think this show is over the top or not real.

my highschool life was literally that x10. only part it doesnt show is bullying and beating up all the fucking little cucks.

Inbetweeners >> Skins >>>> Misfits >>>>>>>> Shit >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Anything on the BBC

I stopped watching after the first generation, cause I loved the cast so much. Should I continue with the series or keep my precious memories of the first 2 seasons?

The third season's alright but it nosedives pretty bad after that. Whatever you do ignore the 5th and 6th.

caw geezer don't hurt me!!! here take my lunch money you big bad meanie!

can actually tell just from your post that you felt suicidal all the way through high school thanks to your autism

Why are british people so ugly

Skins theme was great.

youtube.com/watch?v=OKz6r7y0cuA

honest question: why do Brit shows go bad so quickly? one or two seasons and the quality drops immensely.

Because they don't sign long term contracts like in America, they do it year on year so there's usually incredibly high rates of cast attrition. That's why you have shit like this or Misfits where they change the cast every few years, Skins actually does it more organically than most though.

The crazy blond girl was so hot

funny, yes. well-written? nah. a couple of good episodes per season does not a great series make. i agree that the program had some soul, though, at first. what the show did well was balance all the elements of sequential storytelling. the funny and silly with the more weighty themes and issues. however, that all went out the window a few seasons in and the show just became a drag. the highlight of the show for me was the first season ending singalong. why they did not do that in other seasons is beyond me. plus the final season, when they were adults, was fucking dire and devoid of the humor that made me chuckle so.

She's in Game of Thrones now

maxxie needed more episodes/focus
chris and cassie should have dated as best boy and girl
michelle should have killed herself in the first episode so i wouldn't have to care about her again

How was the American thing? Is it as shit as they make it out to be?

>high school

fucking toffs

ah, gotcha. yeah, Misfits was another show that saw a lot of changes. however, i dug some of them. Gilgun and O'Keefe were great later additions, but some of the other actors, not so much. that the show had no real long term outline hurt the narrative and it showed.

gen 2 is pretty good.
cook starts off as the worst character and becomes the best while effy goes full psycho.
the only shit character was JJ the cuck

GEN 1 had the best story but gen 2 had the hottest girls.
there is literally no ugly chicks in gen 2.
gen 3 goes full retard and aside from Rich and Alo the characters suck

the cast lacks the charisma of the original series. yeah, it rather sucked.

Yeah and in a weird chatroom movie.
Never finished it

>there is literally no ugly chicks in gen 2
>who is Pandora

watch seasons 3, 4 and 7
skip 5 and 6
seasons 3 and 4 are mostly shit but they set up 7 which is GOAT. 5 and 6 are borderline unwatchable

damn, that makes me want to watch it again

>he likes season 7

wtf season 7 isn't even real skins

One thing I really liked about Skins was how each episode would focus on a different character of the friend group and follow their POV while still keeping the main "plot" rolling. It was a really good way to help the audience connect to every character and give a sense of where each character coming from.

Series 7 was pure kino, especially Cook's episode.

It's kind of strange that I've never seen another show do this.

It was alright and it had potential to be better before it was canceled. They genderswapped Maxxie and made Cassie a hot black girl, but other than that, it was pretty much the same cast. The first couple of episodes are the exact same as the British series but it diverges from there. The episode with Cassie was SO strange and trippy that I had zero idea what the fuck happened at the end.

I only made through a couple episodes of the US version. Just copy pasted the plot lines from the UK version but with different actors/locations. It felt bland and lacked the charm of the UK version.

i fucking love skins, and cast 2 was just as enjoyable as cast 1. Cook is the greatest character to be on tv.

his character arc was great, and his final redemption was greater

>Cook is the greatest character to be on tv.
uh, not really. i guess if you're of similar age you can relate. his arc is rather impressive, though. most kid characters aren't written with such effective redemption type arcs. maybe his worked b/c of the actor's talent. it's a shame they took all his humor away in the 7th season.

youtube.com/watch?v=8gFu9DFfdXg
Still hurts lads.